Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract/Prunus Persica Fruit Extract, Phenyl Methicone, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract/Ficus Carica Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Cellulose Gum, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance/Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Benzoate, Tocopherol, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 10/28/2017 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Mother of all foundations, I thought we had a winner. I had never tried anything from Too Faced before so I bought this to see what the hype was. I am NC30 but not as yellow so Light Beige worked well for me. It wore comfortably and it stayed on for a good three-hour tour. A lot of people compare this with ELDW but for me ELDW belongs to its own genre. For my oily skin which is getting a bit weird while aging, this is supposed to be a good foundation but unfortunately it won’t stay on even using my clear NYX primer which virtually keeps everything on my face. What a shame! I really wanted this to be my HG. Back to Revlon Colorstay and Almay TLC.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have extremely oily skin. I have been using ELDW for the past year and it works great out of all the foundations I have used, however, downside is that it is very "makeup looking" or "fake looking" so I tried the ELDW Water nude foundation which is nice but it gets too dewy and does not stay put all day. So far I have been mixing the two but I am always on the hunt for something better. When I heard about the Too Faced Peach Perfect Matte foundation, I just had to try it. It lasts all day and is very transfer resistant. My face does tend to get dewy after 4-5 hours. But my face generally gets really dewy after 4-5 hours even with ELDW. I have used this foundation through a 12 hour shift in a busy retail setting and it has stayed put. At the end of my 12 hours I do look oily but not too greasy. I think with a good setting powder, setting spray, and some blotting this can become my new HG foundation. So far I have been using this foundation on and off for two weeks. Will definitely update more information when I wear it more.

Pros:
Longlasting
Oil controlling (4+hrs on extremely oily skin)
Lightweight
Large color selection
Great in flash photography

Cons:
Peach smell

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I buy myself a new foundation every year for my birthday, and I'm very glad I chose this one. I have VERY oily and acne-prone skin, so I'd mostly been using Estee Lauder Double Wear for the past year. Double Wear will always have a place in my heart for its insane coverage and oil-controlling properties. I bought it at a time when my acne was awful, and it served me very well. However, my skin has thankfully cleared since then, leaving me with acne and scarring only along my jawline. The Double Wear became too much for an all-over foundation, so I decided to go for a medium-coverage option. Enter Peach Perfect.

First of all, the packaging on this foundation is ideal. It comes in a tube with a pump, keeping your product fresh and eliminating the risk of breaking a bottle. Also, for $36 (as of this writing), you get A LOT of product: 1.6 ounces, as opposed to the standard one ounce. I think it's also worth mentioning that this foundation is good for 18 months. (Double Wear, just for the heck of it, expires in 24 months.)

As advertised, Peach Perfect is a medium-coverage foundation and can build up to mostly-full-coverage with a second layer. I buff this foundation in with a Real Techniques Expert Face brush. I have not tried this foundation with a Beauty Blender, though as a general rule, a wet sponge will sheer anything out. I will say you don't have a heck of a lot of working time with this foundation; it dries pretty quickly, so apply a section at a time. Peach Perfect is about 95 percent matte. It isn't luminous or dewy by any stretch, but on its own, it just isn't *as* matte as my Double Wear. Peach Perfect, especially left unpowdered, is pretty natural-looking for a matte foundation. It doesn't look dry on my skin when applied with a brush, and I usually use 2.5 to three pumps to cover my face and acne patches. That may seem like a lot for one application, but one pump doesn't dispense a lot of product. Unless you want to build this to full-coverage on your entire face every day, I can't see anyone running out of this quickly.

I wear this foundation over Benefit Porefessional. I top it with Coty Airspun Powder and Cover FX Mattifying Setting Spray. For oily skin, it's a winning combination; my natural oils do come through by the end of the day, but I'm never left looking like an oil-slick. Those of you with normal, dry, and combination skin could probably get away with leaving this foundation unpowdered or only powdering in your oily areas. With my oily skin, I'd never dream of leaving my face unpowdered, but since this foundation dries down all the way, I don't think you'd have any problem blending bronzer, blush, contour, etc. on top of it without setting powder.

If you're looking for a medium-coverage, lightweight, mostly-matte foundation that can withstand oily skin (with the right supporting cast of products), Too Faced Peach Perfect is a great option and a great buy.

on 9/10/2017 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I like this foundation a lot. When you have oily skin you flock to makeup offerings that have claims of "matte" and "long lasting." So since this was touted as a very matte collection I bought the primer, foundation, setting powder and setting spray. The foundation is beautiful! I bought this in Mahogany which is the darkest shade. I am sure they will come up with more later. You get more than 1 oz of foundation for around $34 which is a steal these days. Lasts decently, this is no Estée Lauder double wear. Finish is certainly matte and I would repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials