Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation

1 review

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract/Prunus Persica Fruit Extract, Phenyl Methicone, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract/Ficus Carica Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Cellulose Gum, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance/Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Benzoate, Tocopherol, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 10/4/2017 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My new holy grail foundation! While it was a bit of a frustrating learning curve to get it to look perfect, I am soooo happy with it. To start I have incredibly oily (my face looks wet when I wake up after sleeping), sensitive, acne prone skin. This foundation doesn't transfer, it stays matte during my 16 hour days, and it never looks cakey in sunlight. Or break down (the true reason for being holy grail status).

So, my tips to making this look perfect is to make sure your skin is hydrated. I find it applies similarly to the Urban Decay all nighter foundation. So moisturize, and I usually pair it with a hydrating primer! I tried it with the benefit primer stick, becca evermatte, and benefit porefessional and it didn't apply very nice over any of them. I prefer Guerlain meteorites primer, Too Faced Hangover Primer, or Hangover spray. I don't like applying this with my hands. I find a beauty blender is optimal, but a synthetic kabuki does work very well.

Second, I conceal underneath. Because I am acne prone I do have some unfortunate scarring. And under eye darkness I can not get rid of for the life of me. I find concealer over top "picks up" the product and looks super uneven. If you are to use a concealer on top, I would use something as thick as possible. But that being said it provides really good coverage, so if you don't have any problem areas that upset you, you should be fine using it on its own.

Lastly, and had somebody told me this before I tried it myself I would have rolled my eyes, I mix it with oil. Because it sets quickly I like mixing it in with oil so I have some time to build up coverage and because I find it goes on smoother. It doesn't compromise the matte finish or the wear time for me, but it builds easier and I don't have to rush so much applying it. I've also swapped out moisturizer for oil underneath, and it does works similarly, but I prefer putting a drop of argan oil in with the foundation. Game changer.

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but I have been looking for a foundation for six years that keeps up with my super long days, and doesn't look bad. At the end of my sixteen hours, after school and work, it still looks awesome. Which is a real self esteem boost when you feel exhausted and worn out, to still look pretty. If you have real issues with foundation, this one is worth the extra little bit of effort. The staying power us unsurpassed by anything else at Sephora (I have literally tried every single foundation Sephora Canada carries that is matte and med/full coverage).

Video Reviews & Tutorials