Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation

3.6

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract/Prunus Persica Fruit Extract, Phenyl Methicone, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract/Ficus Carica Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Cellulose Gum, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance/Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Benzoate, Tocopherol, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I a MUA at Sephora try this on me yesterday and it applied pretty nicely. The shade Snow was a good enough match for my NC15 skin but it oxidized quite a bit within an hour or so of application. I was pretty orangey but left it on the rest of the day out of laziness. I removed it at night with my usual TTDO Balm but unfortunately woke up to half a dozen breakouts on the bottom half of my face. I'm dry and almost never breakout, so this is highly unusual for me. I'm so glad I was able to try this in-store and didn't buy it!

on 1/2/2018 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted so badly to like this foundation. People who generally like the same foundations I like LOVE this foundation. I thought I would too. I was wrong. I tried different primers, different mixers, different setting sprays, and no matter what, it just looks cakey powdery on my skin. It creates bumps where I don't have bumps and emphasizes every little bit of texture I do have. If I use a glowy primer, apply with a damp sponge, and use lots of setting spray, it looks ok for the first hour or two but then gets cakey and dry looking. I may try it again in the summer when it's a bit more humid but for me this was a total fail :(

on 11/5/2017 1:38:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I thought this would be a perfect foundation for me, at least performance-wise. I already knew the shade range was limited. But after seeing quite a few first impression reviews of this foundation on YouTube, I was convinced my combination skin would love it and that it would make my skin look beautiful. Wrong. So very wrong.

My first problems is that there isn't a shade light enough for me. I could get over that since my skin is pretty dang fair. But the way it sat on my skin... OMG. It looked worse than any foundation I've ever tried! The foundation immediately clung to my skin and refused to blend in at all even though I had exfoliated the night before, moisturized well right before use, and used a damp Real Techniques sponge to try to blend it out. In other words, this stuff sat on my face in weird patches and was not build able at all. Furthermore, it didn't seem to give me much coverage at all. I used 2 pumps of foundation on my face and it just looked like I had strange, orange patches all over my face and you could completely see any and all blemishes and redness underneath. And finally, accentuated every dry spot and strand of blonde peach fuzz on my face.

It was just a sad, awful makeup experience for me when I tried this foundation. I had to wipe it off immediately. I'm glad others have found great results with this, but it clearly is not for me!

On the upside: The packaging is beautiful, the price is good for how much product you get, and it does seem to be quite transfer-proof.

I am obsessed! It's excellent for oil skin.😍

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Dare I say this has replaced my tried and true Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation?! Yes, yes it has! This is everything that I want in a liquid foundation. It has great coverage, it's easy to apply, wears comfortably, controls oil, lasts longer than 12 hours, does not break down, cake up, or settle into pores. This is an absolute dream! I've never been a fan of too faced products, always thought it was over priced junk, but this my friend is a masterpiece. I can't wait to try the other peach perfect profucts!

on 10/17/2017 7:16:00 AM

I am NW15 and I found a great match in the shade Snow.
I was hesitant to buy this foundation because I was worried the fragrance in it would break me out, but I've been wearing it for the past few days and so far so good.

I have to say, this might replace my current HG for daily use, Smashbox Studio Skin, and is giving my "special occasions" HG, ELDWL, a strong competition. It just looks better on, smoother, pores are blurred, and the lasting power seems to be about the same.

Love the tube, and it contains more product than regular foundation containers. The scent is there, but not bothersome. It does fade after a while.

I apply it with my damp beauty blender, and the coverage is medium to full on me (but I don't have much to cover, just some redness and very old acne marks). I haven't tried it with a brush, but I think that would give much more coverage.
It also keeps my combination skin matte for a longer amount of time than Smashbox Studio Skin.

Price-wise, since Smashbox is now charging 50 CAD, is also better.

So unless it breaks me out or anything happens, I give this foundation 2 thumbs up.

EDIT - after using it for a week straight, I am knocking down a lippie because I noticed it can look powdery and a bit patchy in certain lights (such as my rearview mirror). I don't get that with Smashbox Studio Skin or ELDWL.
So I will use it just for running short errands, but will not replace any of my HGs

on 10/11/2017 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a good foundation but IMO not as good as Tarte Water foundation. Comfort Matte looks pretty dewy on my skin with light to medium coverage. My skin is naturally on the oilier side and this straight up looks dewy on me (not satin). The lighest shade "Snow" is also way too yellow. Also, I just can't get over the smell. It lingers on my brush which drives me crazy. If you're sensitive to smells you will prob not like this. All in all, it's a nice foundation and worth a try. This would prob be my go to foundation if Tarte Water foundation didn't exist, so I guess that speaks for itself. The price for the amount can't be beat!

on 10/7/2017 5:53:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to like this one so bad! The lightest shade was almost a perfect match for me (N10 in Coverfx, NC10 in MAC, 0.5 in Urban Decay). It worked really well on my oily T zone but made the drier areas of my face look so terrible and patchy. True to its claims, it did not transfer and lasted about 12 hours for me. Unfortunately, it also made me break out. If you have true oily skin this would be a great product, but I couldn't deal with how dry it made my skin look.

on 10/4/2017 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My new holy grail foundation! While it was a bit of a frustrating learning curve to get it to look perfect, I am soooo happy with it. To start I have incredibly oily (my face looks wet when I wake up after sleeping), sensitive, acne prone skin. This foundation doesn't transfer, it stays matte during my 16 hour days, and it never looks cakey in sunlight. Or break down (the true reason for being holy grail status).

So, my tips to making this look perfect is to make sure your skin is hydrated. I find it applies similarly to the Urban Decay all nighter foundation. So moisturize, and I usually pair it with a hydrating primer! I tried it with the benefit primer stick, becca evermatte, and benefit porefessional and it didn't apply very nice over any of them. I prefer Guerlain meteorites primer, Too Faced Hangover Primer, or Hangover spray. I don't like applying this with my hands. I find a beauty blender is optimal, but a synthetic kabuki does work very well.

Second, I conceal underneath. Because I am acne prone I do have some unfortunate scarring. And under eye darkness I can not get rid of for the life of me. I find concealer over top "picks up" the product and looks super uneven. If you are to use a concealer on top, I would use something as thick as possible. But that being said it provides really good coverage, so if you don't have any problem areas that upset you, you should be fine using it on its own.

Lastly, and had somebody told me this before I tried it myself I would have rolled my eyes, I mix it with oil. Because it sets quickly I like mixing it in with oil so I have some time to build up coverage and because I find it goes on smoother. It doesn't compromise the matte finish or the wear time for me, but it builds easier and I don't have to rush so much applying it. I've also swapped out moisturizer for oil underneath, and it does works similarly, but I prefer putting a drop of argan oil in with the foundation. Game changer.

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but I have been looking for a foundation for six years that keeps up with my super long days, and doesn't look bad. At the end of my sixteen hours, after school and work, it still looks awesome. Which is a real self esteem boost when you feel exhausted and worn out, to still look pretty. If you have real issues with foundation, this one is worth the extra little bit of effort. The staying power us unsurpassed by anything else at Sephora (I have literally tried every single foundation Sephora Canada carries that is matte and med/full coverage).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I buy myself a new foundation every year for my birthday, and I'm very glad I chose this one. I have VERY oily and acne-prone skin, so I'd mostly been using Estee Lauder Double Wear for the past year. Double Wear will always have a place in my heart for its insane coverage and oil-controlling properties. I bought it at a time when my acne was awful, and it served me very well. However, my skin has thankfully cleared since then, leaving me with acne and scarring only along my jawline. The Double Wear became too much for an all-over foundation, so I decided to go for a medium-coverage option. Enter Peach Perfect.

First of all, the packaging on this foundation is ideal. It comes in a tube with a pump, keeping your product fresh and eliminating the risk of breaking a bottle. Also, for $36 (as of this writing), you get A LOT of product: 1.6 ounces, as opposed to the standard one ounce. I think it's also worth mentioning that this foundation is good for 18 months. (Double Wear, just for the heck of it, expires in 24 months.)

As advertised, Peach Perfect is a medium-coverage foundation and can build up to mostly-full-coverage with a second layer. I buff this foundation in with a Real Techniques Expert Face brush. I have not tried this foundation with a Beauty Blender, though as a general rule, a wet sponge will sheer anything out. I will say you don't have a heck of a lot of working time with this foundation; it dries pretty quickly, so apply a section at a time. Peach Perfect is about 95 percent matte. It isn't luminous or dewy by any stretch, but on its own, it just isn't *as* matte as my Double Wear. Peach Perfect, especially left unpowdered, is pretty natural-looking for a matte foundation. It doesn't look dry on my skin when applied with a brush, and I usually use 2.5 to three pumps to cover my face and acne patches. That may seem like a lot for one application, but one pump doesn't dispense a lot of product. Unless you want to build this to full-coverage on your entire face every day, I can't see anyone running out of this quickly.

I wear this foundation over Benefit Porefessional. I top it with Coty Airspun Powder and Cover FX Mattifying Setting Spray. For oily skin, it's a winning combination; my natural oils do come through by the end of the day, but I'm never left looking like an oil-slick. Those of you with normal, dry, and combination skin could probably get away with leaving this foundation unpowdered or only powdering in your oily areas. With my oily skin, I'd never dream of leaving my face unpowdered, but since this foundation dries down all the way, I don't think you'd have any problem blending bronzer, blush, contour, etc. on top of it without setting powder.

If you're looking for a medium-coverage, lightweight, mostly-matte foundation that can withstand oily skin (with the right supporting cast of products), Too Faced Peach Perfect is a great option and a great buy.