Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation

Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract/Prunus Persica Fruit Extract, Phenyl Methicone, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract/Ficus Carica Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Cellulose Gum, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance/Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Benzoate, Tocopherol, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

This contains 1.6 oz which is much more than most foundation- so the value is quite good for a prestige brand. I find that this goes on looking more natural than matte. I hardly notice the fragrance,and I thought it would bother me. It wears well for 12+hours on my normal to dry skin. I like this a lot.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing foundation that is great for oily, acne prone skin! This is very comparable to the Estee Lauder Double Wear, but I find that this is not as heavy and cakey as Double Wear. This stays on for a good 15 hours, and does not settle into large pores (my problem with most foundations). Definitely recommend!

on 10/17/2017 7:16:00 AM

I am NW15 and I found a great match in the shade Snow.
I was hesitant to buy this foundation because I was worried the fragrance in it would break me out, but I've been wearing it for the past few days and so far so good.

I have to say, this might replace my current HG for daily use, Smashbox Studio Skin, and is giving my "special occasions" HG, ELDWL, a strong competition. It just looks better on, smoother, pores are blurred, and the lasting power seems to be about the same.

Love the tube, and it contains more product than regular foundation containers. The scent is there, but not bothersome. It does fade after a while.

I apply it with my damp beauty blender, and the coverage is medium to full on me (but I don't have much to cover, just some redness and very old acne marks). I haven't tried it with a brush, but I think that would give much more coverage.
It also keeps my combination skin matte for a longer amount of time than Smashbox Studio Skin.

Price-wise, since Smashbox is now charging 50 CAD, is also better.

So unless it breaks me out or anything happens, I give this foundation 2 thumbs up.

on 10/4/2017 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My new holy grail foundation! While it was a bit of a frustrating learning curve to get it to look perfect, I am soooo happy with it. To start I have incredibly oily (my face looks wet when I wake up after sleeping), sensitive, acne prone skin. This foundation doesn't transfer, it stays matte during my 16 hour days, and it never looks cakey in sunlight. Or break down (the true reason for being holy grail status).

So, my tips to making this look perfect is to make sure your skin is hydrated. I find it applies similarly to the Urban Decay all nighter foundation. So moisturize, and I usually pair it with a hydrating primer! I tried it with the benefit primer stick, becca evermatte, and benefit porefessional and it didn't apply very nice over any of them. I prefer Guerlain meteorites primer, Too Faced Hangover Primer, or Hangover spray. I don't like applying this with my hands. I find a beauty blender is optimal, but a synthetic kabuki does work very well.

Second, I conceal underneath. Because I am acne prone I do have some unfortunate scarring. And under eye darkness I can not get rid of for the life of me. I find concealer over top "picks up" the product and looks super uneven. If you are to use a concealer on top, I would use something as thick as possible. But that being said it provides really good coverage, so if you don't have any problem areas that upset you, you should be fine using it on its own.

Lastly, and had somebody told me this before I tried it myself I would have rolled my eyes, I mix it with oil. Because it sets quickly I like mixing it in with oil so I have some time to build up coverage and because I find it goes on smoother. It doesn't compromise the matte finish or the wear time for me, but it builds easier and I don't have to rush so much applying it. I've also swapped out moisturizer for oil underneath, and it does works similarly, but I prefer putting a drop of argan oil in with the foundation. Game changer.

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but I have been looking for a foundation for six years that keeps up with my super long days, and doesn't look bad. At the end of my sixteen hours, after school and work, it still looks awesome. Which is a real self esteem boost when you feel exhausted and worn out, to still look pretty. If you have real issues with foundation, this one is worth the extra little bit of effort. The staying power us unsurpassed by anything else at Sephora (I have literally tried every single foundation Sephora Canada carries that is matte and med/full coverage).

on 10/3/2017 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This foundation in SAND actually matches me perfectly. The texture is amazing, light, but it leaves skin looking perfected, like old-time movie stars. I have somewhat oily skin, and I use sunscreen every day. This weightless foundation doesn't get cakey or streak or oxidize...it just makes my skin look lovely and it lasts all day. Finally, a matte foundation that does not a have glowy or greasy cast! This is BEAUTIFUL. This whole collection gives me a boost because it brings out the best in my coloring.

One thing I want to add that may be a negative to some. This is REALLY DIFFICULT to wash off makeup brushes! I am ocd about my brushes and I always like them looking brand new. With anything other than powder, I was my brushes after every use. I am having a hard time washing this off my Sigmas: F80, F82, F84 and F86. It seems to come off my F60 a lot easier. I'm not sure if it's because the bristles are fewer and less concentrated, or if these bristles are designed for heavier makeup.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I buy myself a new foundation every year for my birthday, and I'm very glad I chose this one. I have VERY oily and acne-prone skin, so I'd mostly been using Estee Lauder Double Wear for the past year. Double Wear will always have a place in my heart for its insane coverage and oil-controlling properties. I bought it at a time when my acne was awful, and it served me very well. However, my skin has thankfully cleared since then, leaving me with acne and scarring only along my jawline. The Double Wear became too much for an all-over foundation, so I decided to go for a medium-coverage option. Enter Peach Perfect.

First of all, the packaging on this foundation is ideal. It comes in a tube with a pump, keeping your product fresh and eliminating the risk of breaking a bottle. Also, for $36 (as of this writing), you get A LOT of product: 1.6 ounces, as opposed to the standard one ounce. I think it's also worth mentioning that this foundation is good for 18 months. (Double Wear, just for the heck of it, expires in 24 months.)

As advertised, Peach Perfect is a medium-coverage foundation and can build up to mostly-full-coverage with a second layer. I buff this foundation in with a Real Techniques Expert Face brush. I have not tried this foundation with a Beauty Blender, though as a general rule, a wet sponge will sheer anything out. I will say you don't have a heck of a lot of working time with this foundation; it dries pretty quickly, so apply a section at a time. Peach Perfect is about 95 percent matte. It isn't luminous or dewy by any stretch, but on its own, it just isn't *as* matte as my Double Wear. Peach Perfect, especially left unpowdered, is pretty natural-looking for a matte foundation. It doesn't look dry on my skin when applied with a brush, and I usually use 2.5 to three pumps to cover my face and acne patches. That may seem like a lot for one application, but one pump doesn't dispense a lot of product. Unless you want to build this to full-coverage on your entire face every day, I can't see anyone running out of this quickly.

I wear this foundation over Benefit Porefessional. I top it with Coty Airspun Powder and Cover FX Mattifying Setting Spray. For oily skin, it's a winning combination; my natural oils do come through by the end of the day, but I'm never left looking like an oil-slick. Those of you with normal, dry, and combination skin could probably get away with leaving this foundation unpowdered or only powdering in your oily areas. With my oily skin, I'd never dream of leaving my face unpowdered, but since this foundation dries down all the way, I don't think you'd have any problem blending bronzer, blush, contour, etc. on top of it without setting powder.

If you're looking for a medium-coverage, lightweight, mostly-matte foundation that can withstand oily skin (with the right supporting cast of products), Too Faced Peach Perfect is a great option and a great buy.

Where do I begin…I was so, so excited for this line because of all the amazing pre-release reviews on YouTube and plus one youtuber said it might work on mature skin. I’ve been looking for the right foundation for years (I have an entire drawer full of expensive crap that didn’t do what it was supposed to do). Well, I decided to give myself the foundation, blur and loose powder (loose powder was sold out) for my birthday (09/15/17) and boy is it well worth it. I purchased the color “Snow” and although it was a little too light on me, once I put the blur on, it looked like if I had a custom-made shade. In the description for “Snow” it also says that it has “rosy undertones” but I’m very neutral to sometimes slightly yellow and didn’t have any “rosy undertone” issues. Let’s start the review here, the foundation has almost two ounces in it, so for $36, it’s not that pricey (most come with only 1 oz. for the same price). Secondly, it is a light coverage but it is buildable and lastly but not least, this stuff lasts all day; it does not transfer; does not get shiny; controls oil; does not settle into creases and lines (I just turned 52); does not cake; doesn’t morph or separate; and did I mention…IT LAST ALL DAY! I also want to mention that around the midpoint of the wear day when I was out and about, I looked in a mirror and noticed a tiny bit of shine around my cheeks (I live in Miami where our seasons are “Summer…Summer…REALLY HOT SUMMER and Summer) and thought “oh well...I guess it didn’t meet the hype” but within a half hour, by some miracle, it had corrected itself and I had no shine whatsoever (I had heard some of the YouTubers mention this but didn’t believe it until I saw it myself). I honestly cannot explain the miracle correction but it happened. I purposely didn’t go to bed on Sunday (09/17/16) night until midnight so that I could have at least tested the product for 10 hours of wear time and it looked the same as when I put it on 10 hours earlier. Although it does not transfer or budge all day, it was not difficult to remove at bedtime.

This is the foundation that I was looking for! I have combination to very oily skin. I am Nc25/30. I chose the "Nude" color. It has a slight scent that fades. This foundation provides a natural finish. It isn't matte, but I don't get as oily with this foundation as with others (Kat Von D excepted.) I doesn't transfer like Kat Von D's. It isn't heavy, but lightweight and buildable. You can easily get medium coverage with one layer and full if you apply two. I apply another layer in areas that I need it instead of concealer. (But, I still use the Born This Way Concealer under my eyes because the color cancels out dark circles and it doesn't crease (if applied with beauty blender.))

**But how does it compare to Fenty Beauty's hot launch?**
It all came down to the best color match.

I tried the Peaches and Cream foundation side-by-side with Fenty Beauty's Pro Filt'r Foundation in 210. Fenty Beauty's Foundation had no scent and was thicker and harder to blend, but not a big deal to me. I used my fingers to apply both these foundations.

Both performed the same! I tried one on one side of my face, and the other on the other side. Also w/wo the Fenty Primer. That didn't make a difference either. Unfortunately, the Fenty colors that I could try didn't fit my skintone. (My Sephora did n't have the full range yet.) Too Faced's "Nude" color is slightly darker. So I chose Too Faced but will switch to Fenty Beauty should the fragrance in the Too Faced product irritate my skin.

on 9/16/2017 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yes, it does have a fragrance. The fragrance dissipates quickly. It is a medium coverage, but easily build able to full coverage. My whole face looked just as fresh and great 10 hours later as it did right after I was finished applying my makeup. It settle a small amount into my deep fore headlines, but using a setting powder on that area solved that. The rest of my face- this foundation di not budge, did not transfer, did not crease, had a beautiful finished all day long.

on 9/10/2017 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I like this foundation a lot. When you have oily skin you flock to makeup offerings that have claims of "matte" and "long lasting." So since this was touted as a very matte collection I bought the primer, foundation, setting powder and setting spray. The foundation is beautiful! I bought this in Mahogany which is the darkest shade. I am sure they will come up with more later. You get more than 1 oz of foundation for around $34 which is a steal these days. Lasts decently, this is no Estée Lauder double wear. Finish is certainly matte and I would repurchase.