NARS Cosmetics velvet matte foundation stick

No Image

3.0

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceryde, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, EthylHexyl Palmitate, Polyethylene, Silica, Candelilla) Wax, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Microcristalline Wax, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Synthetic Beeswax, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tin Oxide, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- (May Contain): Iron Oxides (Cl 77491), Iron Oxides (Cl 77492, Iron Oxides (Cl 77499), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Ultramarines (Cl 77007)]

on 4/1/2018 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is good for a light to medium coverage, The colour is too dark for me at the moment but it’s very underrated product I think. So quick stripe it on buff it with a buff brush not a beauty sponge.

on 3/30/2018 6:31:00 PM

I love this foundation. Deauville is a perfect match to my NC20-25 skin. It does not oxidize. It does not feel tacky. It spreads very easily using a dense buffing brush, and it stays put. It does not go super oily on me, and does not need powder to set. My oily skin is usually a challenge, and eats foundation for breakfast, but this does last most of the work day for me.

Looks like I’m in the minority because I love this product.
• My skin type: (thanks an ideal skincare routine) it recently went from combo-dry to normal with occasional oiliness during the day. I got rid of texture and dry patches as well, my skin doesn’t break out very often, so I don’t look for full coverage foundation. I want it to even out my skintone. My neck is lighter than my face so the foundation should balance things out.

•Shade: I own the shade Siberia, which is a perfect match. I own the liquid version (Sheer Glow) but don’t like the formula because it wears off from my nose within 4 hours. The stick version doesn’t- and also doesn’t settle into fine lines on my forehead.
• Application: I apply mine with damp beautyblender. Foundation blends easily. The sponge on the other side is mostly useless- unless you wat to do touch ups during the day (I personally rarely do).
• Finish: satin matte (not dewy, but not “flat” matte either. Perfect in between).
• Coverage: unlike many stick foundations, it offers sheer to light-medium coverage.
• Price: let’s be honest, this foundation is kind of a rip off. I like MUFE stick foundation, but no shade from their range matches me (they’re either too neutral or too pink). Which is a pity because the value for money is way better.
• Wear time: on me it’s quite great. I set it with powder and it lasts without creasing throughout the day.

So overall, I’ll buy it again- even though the price is steep. I find it very hard to find good shade match, so if I find one, I “stick” (lol) to it.

on 12/4/2017 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Some NARS foundations are a hit while others see a huge miss. This stick foundation is a rip off, as you only get several inches of product, despite the size of the tube packaging. In addition, it's very sheer, not matte, and provides minimal coverage. I thought this stick foundation would be similar to the now discontinued Shu Uemura nobara stick foundation, but it's nowhere as pigmented or long-lasting, despite the price. I used the same shade (Punjab) as I do in other NARS foundations. I returned this and don't recommend it.

on 9/1/2017 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I usually love NARS products, but this was a "no" for me. It doesn't cover spots/flaws at all even with three layers. It's not totally matte, it's semi-matte. The only good things are that Cadiz is the same shade match as the Sheer Glow foundation and there was no fragrance. The touch-up sponge is pointless because stick foundation blends and looks better with a brush.

The company advertises that this is medium coverage, but I found this to be very sheer. I prefer medium to full coverage so that I can cover up my hyperpigmentation spots on my forehead. The formula blends very easily and doesn't crease. The touch up blender is a very nice instrument to blend out the foundation but I use a beauty blender or a brush. If you are looking for a more sheer foundation stick this might be for you.