Pixi Rose Caviar Essence

Pixi Rose Caviar Essence

3.9

Water/Aqua/Eau, Glycerin, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Peel Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinenesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Caulerpa Lentillifera Extract, Bixa Orellana Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Adenosine, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Carbomer, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Tromethamine, Chlorphenesin,1,2-Hexanediol, Iron Oxide (CI 77491).

on 11/15/2018 7:23:00 PM

I really enjoyed the feeling of this product on my skin - it made me feel so supple and moist. However, the cost of this for the amount of product you get really doesn't justify buying it again. I'm Canadian, and I'm glad that I purchased this in the US because I got a much better deal ($15 USD I believe) however to repurchase in Canada is $34 CAD at Shoppers (I'm not sure what other Canadian stores offer Pixi). I ran out in like 2 weeks - love it, but wouldn't repurchase purely because of cost.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Once again, the review from Redwings, coupled with the fact that I really enjoy the Pixi products I've tried so far, prompted me to give this product a try. First of all, it smells GLORIOUS....I wish it were a body cream or hand lotion or even a fragrance spray because the rose scent is absolutely beautiful. Beyond that, I don't know if this does all that much but then, I am not quite sure about this whole "essence" thing generally. I apply this after cleansing and before my moisturizer (Embryolisse is what I've been using lately most of the time) and let it dry down for a few minutes. It is a nice product but part of me wonders if it might be keeping my moisturizer from sinking in. I'll continue to use this and in summer, I might really enjoy it as a night-time product, almost like a sleeping mask. It's certainly repurchase-worthy but, as I'm not entire "sold" on the whole "essence" need to start with, I personally might not repurchase this. But I sure do love the scent and actually wish it were more long-lasting because what could be nicer than smelling roses - and really nice ones rather than cheap, artificial rose - all day long. What is odd is that this product is not shown anywhere on Pixi's Canadian site (other Rose products are there, though) and yet this was easy to find at Shopper's Drug Mart.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really enjoy using this essence as an additional hydrating step in my evening skincare routine. Little goes a long way, so do you use small amount for best results.

This is scented product, but I don't mind it, because I love roses. The consistency is more like a gel and given the fact that there are so many nourishing oils in it, it just blows my mind how watery the product is. It is very lightweight! Great for people with combination/oily skin in particular.

I talk more about my pros and cons in a separate review here in case you want to know more (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/02/17/New-In-My-Make-Up-Bag-Pixi-Beauty). But all in all it is a good product!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was worried this would feel oily compared to other essences I’ve used because according to the description on the website “Encapsulated flower oils suspended in this weightless serum-essence melt onto the skin delivering fresh botanicals to hydrate and restore skin’s brightness for optimum radiance. Formulated with antioxidant rich natural oils, this formula will soften, refine and tone.” After squeezing a tiny amount onto my finger and applying to my skin, this gel sinks into my skin, feels nourishing and dries down without any stickiness to it. There is a definite rose scent but it is not overwhelming. I like this product very much. It provides an extra layer of hydration that helps keep my dry skin sufficiently moisturized, especially in this harsh Canadian winter we are experiencing. And it’s a nice change from the typical liquid/watery essences. I think all skin types could use this but for us dry skin types, you will still need other serums and moisturizers, oils, etc. I don’t know if this is a must have but I can see repurchasing it.

on 2/8/2018 12:38:00 AM

I like this product, adds hydration and soothes the skin. Hydrates nicely. Calms my skin down a lot and is a great start to my hydration routine.

on 1/25/2018 3:03:00 PM

Mmmmm...I love this product! Smells lovely like roses, feels nice on the skin, absorbs nicely without any stickiness. Whether you find this product necessary or not in your skincare regimen is purely up to you and whether you feel the need to add an extra step for extra hydration and softness. I do need the extra moisture (winter in Canada) and the bonus is that roses are my favourite scent and rose oil is one of my favourite skin care ingredients. Esthetically I wish this came in a glass pump bottle to make it look and feel a little more elegant rather than in a plastic squeeze tube but....oh well
Pricewise this cost me $34 CDN....in comparison to my Vichy Mineral 89 serum which cost $40...not that bad.
I've been using this along with the Pixi rose oil blend (which Ive been using for months and love love love) and Ive also been using the Pixi Rose Cream Cleanser a few days a week (amazing). So...yeah...super excited about the whole new Pixi rose themed line. I even returned to my setting spray stash and pulled out the Pixi Makeup Fixing Mist (rosewater and green tea, smells like soap, works pretty good) to complete the whole pink, rosey, springy theme. Loving it.
Also....I saw something about a Rose Tonic coming out!!! Havent seen it in stores yet but you best believe Ill be jumping on that the second it hits the shelves...

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pixi Rose Caviar Essence is a good product. It isn't greasy, provides light moisturizing, isn't irritating but actually soothing (and I used it on skin that was severely irritated from another brand's face wash) and does smell wonderfully of roses. It does what it says it will do. But honestly, there's nothing special to it that sets it miles apart from a lot of other serums on the market. I would repurchase it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it: I'd most likely grab it again if I had a coupon or if it were on sale.

Very expensive but I just had to try this after researching it a bit. It is a nice product, but simply not worth the money. It goes on light and smells of roses (Of Course) absorbs quickly as well. I do think it gives a nice glow to your skin but nothing particularly special about this product.

on 8/29/2017 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Ever since Glow Tonic, Pixi is becoming one of my favorite, most used skin care brands. I've always liked Pixi Makeup, but it never stood out much, and I think it's over-priced; particularly for a brand sold at Target. The skin care, however, would be comfortable on the same shelves as upscale brands. Rose Caviar Essence is a jelly-like serum that smells wonderfully of roses. It feels lovely in hot weather. It seems to hydrate well and it's not too sticky. I don't think it's a "must have " product, but I do think it's "nice to have" product, and I enjoy using it on hot nights on body skin as well as my face.