La Roche-Posay Anthelios AOX Daily Antioxidant Serum with SPF 50

La Roche-Posay Anthelios AOX Daily Antioxidant Serum with SPF 50

Active: Avobenzone 2.68 (sunscreen), Homosalate 9.60 (sunscreen), Octisalate 2.88 (sunscreen), Octocrylene 5.38 (sunscreen), Oxybenzone 3.46 (sunscreen).Inactive: Water, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopherol, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica, Sodium Polyacrylate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Maltodextrin, Triethanolamine.

AMAZING!!!!!!! This product saved my skin. I had been breaking out with cystic acne and nothing has worked ( oral meds, tretinoin, aczone) until my doctor put me on finacea. All the treatment has made my skin dry and thus over producing oil. I had tried 15 different sunscreen until this one. This is just pure amazing. Doesnt clog pores, no pimples, no bumps, It has really helped my skin recover and now it glows and feels soft. The vitamin c and vitamin E both I believe are helping fade dark marks along with the finacea. Give this a try!!!! I wish people know about this!!! Totally under rated!!’

on 4/13/2018 8:58:00 PM

I received this as a sample and instantly bought a full size. I recently started retin-a for wrinkle prevention so I needed to be better about consistently using sunscreen. This one has a pretty matte finish with no white cast. Most sunscreens seem to make my pores look enormous, but this one is not bad. It is not stinky or sticky. I do not wear foundation, just sunscreen and moisturizer in dry spots. My complexion looks calm and smooth with this sunscreen and I've not had any breakouts or milia. I paid about $40 at my local Target but can't yet say how long a bottle will last for me.

I can't recommend this product enough. I noticed a change in my skin within a week of beginning use. It goes on a little heavy but absorbs immediately. I use it in combination with La Roche-Posay Toleriane Daily Soothing Moisturizer. It actually makes my makeup go on nice and smooth (I use a medium coverage foundation), and the extra moisture gives my skin a dewy glow. As I have combination skin, I do need to blot off some T-zone oiliness at the end of the day. Easy fix! The packaging is beautiful and solid and the pump dispenses the perfect amount. The price point initially seems high, but it lasts a long time. Using it 4-5 days a week, a bottle has lasted me over 3 months.

on 3/17/2018 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really love this product. It fills a niche need. My skin is neither oily nor dry. I find most moisturizers with SPF are too heavy for me and make my skin feel icky by the end of the day. It's a bit expensive but comes in a very nice glass bottle. I like that it provides light hydration and a high SPF without the greasiness and strong sunscreen fragrance.

FYI ULTA's coupons work for this line.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

A comfortable, lightweight face sunscreen that my typically “sensitive to chemical sunscreen” skin is doing excellent with. It is very watery and soaks right in, living up to its label as a serum. I have been trying to up my sunscreen game and feel this is definitely going to help because it layers well yunder my makeup. It leaves a very noticeable sheen on my skin, so I won’t be using this alone. And it doesn’t have any fragrance, something LRP likes to sneak in where unexpected. I have very dry skin so I need to use a moisturizer with this. The directions on the box recommend applying this before moisturizer, but many skincare pros say to do sunscreen after moisturizer so you don’t “water down” the sunscreen. I suppose if one waits a few minutes to allow it to sink in the moisturizer won’t interfere as much, but I don’t dare wait in fear of allowing moisture to escape that I would otherwise trap. When I’m feeling very dry, I apply marula oil first, giving it a few minutes to soak in, then this sunscreen, then my makeup; for my skin I always gotta do the oil first or else it will just sit on top of anything I put on before it.
The product comes in a glass bottle with a pump that pumps very nice. I find it quite elegant when compared to my inexpensive skincare’s plastic packaging, I think it’s frosted inside because I can’t see how much remaining product there is. However, this is a good thing, as it means no light can enter and prematurely age it. I pulled it apart as I'm nearing the end of a bottle and the product itself is inside a bag (like a baby bottle liner) that shrinks up as product is used.
As far as getting any benefits from the antioxidant ingredients, I simply haven’t been using this long enough to notice anything. From what I’ve read, the presence of antioxidants helps to neutralize the bad things that happen when uv rays hit the skin, so I figure this is a bonus where many face sunscreens in this price range don’t have any beneficials.
My main goal in choosing a sunscreen is to minimize the amount of sun exposure I’m getting, and to do so in a manner that’s comfortable to wear and a pleasure to use. At this point, I’ve achieved this mission. My influence to purchase came from the YouTube channel of LovelySkin that features this as an ideal product to mix with Dermablend Flawless Creator, which I also have and does make a nice blend.

on 8/27/2017 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Wow! Cosmetics manager in my local CVS recommended this product when I told her I wanted a daily moisturizer with good sunscreen for my combo mature skin (I'm 57, fair, not a lot of lines or wrinkles but some hyperpigmentation at jawline where I missed with sunscreen) but found the Anthelios SX SPF 15 a bit too thick and greasy for summer. I really liked this product! It says serum but I use it as my daily facial moisturizer alone and under makeup. I found it to be slightly mattifying but not chalky, and in the summer it doesn't take long for the oil to rise on my skin. This is a winner!