LA Colors Browie Wowie Pencil

LA Colors Browie Wowie Pencil

4.7

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have loads of eyebrow pencils but this is the one I reach for the most, I have it in dark, and I would buy it again it's just quick and easy to use and the perfect color for me.

This review is for the shade Espresso. Espresso is a dark brown, leaning black color (darkish brown-black) and it has a cool ashy tone to it which is perfect for dark brunettes or black haired folks (if you're pale, like me), which right now I have black hair.
I tried out Maybelline's Total Temptation brow pencil and it was a fail cause it left crumbs of product in my brows, was not a good match imo for folks with black hair and was way too creamy imho.
Because of the kite shaped lead in Maybelline's product that I mentioned, I was on the fence about buying this brow product from LA Girl but I'm impressed with it even though I dislike the kite shaped lead but I can work with it.
The formula is not too creamy and not super pigmented which is perfect imo for what I look for in brow pencils. I don't like super creamy brow pencils and I dislike the Instagram brow look so this pencil fits the bill nicely for my needs. I can fill in my brows perfectly with this without any harshness due to the stiffer formula but still maintain a more natural brow look. The spoolie on the end is good quality too and is slender so I can get the tail end of my brows.
This was $3 at a local grocery store and is quite a steal imo.
I pair this with Essence Make Me Brow in the shade Brownie Points and my brows look wonderful and filled in. After I use Make Me Brow I go through my brows with the spoolie on the LA Girl brow pencil and my brows look perfectly filled in.
I highly recommend this pencil to those looking for a stiffer formula brow pencil and are pale with black hair a very dark brunette hair but don't want a super pigmented pencil. If you are wanting a pencil that is very creamy and pigmented then I don't think this would be a good fit for you.
I would buy this again but I'm going back to my auburn hair and I didn't see an auburn shade.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this at my local Family Dollar for $3 and I was pleasantly surprised! I have the shade "Soft Brown" and it's a pencil that has a little slip to it. When you twist it up, the pencil has a chisel tip, so you can precisely fill your brows in. The pencil has great pigmentation when you use it, and it fills your brows in perfectly! I set my brows with some tinted brow gel after using this, and it looks amazing all day. For $3, this is an absolute hit!

Popular Brows Products