2.8

$32.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

17 days ago

I received this free from Sephora birthday gift. I had never tried Druink Elephant at the time. I fell in love with the Protini portion of the gift and purchased that immediately. I have been using this cleanser off and on for a free comparing to other cleanser that I use. This product is my morning cleansing routine. This really cleans my face, feels squeaky clean, and gives me a beautiful glow. Love the no scent and clear formula that foams up when water is applied. This does get my skin clean, but it is not drying on my skin for daily use, but I use a small pea size amount. I will then rubbing with a tiny bit of water to get the product to slightly lather and then clean my face. I also notice that using this as my morning cleanser my makeup sits better on my face and moistruizers and facial oils penetrates my skin faster. The container is hard to deal with it. Sometimes I will dispense too much product and well you cannot put it back in. PRO: clean and glowy skin CON: Container is hard to use, sometimes too much comes out, PRICE

About reviewer (266 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2.0

4 months ago

I received this as part of the birthday gift from Sephora. For reference, I have dry, dehydrated skin with some flakiness on my forehead and large pores/sebaceous filaments on my nose. I'm going to keep this review short and sweet- this cleanser is far too drying and I will not be purchasing it. I have tried a ton of face washes- name a popular one from Sephora or the drugstore and I've probably given it a go. This is not the worst I've ever tried, but if I forget to moisturize after using this I am noticeably dry and itchy/irritated throughout the day. For a brand that is so outrageously expensive and talks so much about the formulation of their products, I expected the basic cleanser to be better than this. It cleans the skin OK and gets makeup off without irritating my eyes, but I am glad I got this for free and didn't pay for it. Oily skin people might be OK with this, but the overall rating tells me I'm not alone in being underwhelmed.

About reviewer (101 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

3.0

4 months ago

This cleansed well. No fragrance irritation, but really stripped the oils off my face. I might have loved this in my 20's but now I am almost 50 and this is waaaay too drying. UPDATE 01/02/20: This takes off most of my eye makeup, which is helpful. It can be drying but does not actually irritate my skin. I am using Drunk Elephant Peptide cream as a moisturizer with this and it seems to be a decent combo for me while I am recovering from allergy/cysts I got when I reacted to another line of products.

About reviewer (813 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

4 months ago

This performs exactly like the Cerave foaming cleanser or the generic store brand imitations. The cleanser itself is gentle and doesn't strip the skin, but it performs so darn similarly to the Cerave cleanser that I'd never buy this nor recommend it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

5 months ago

This is a fantastic cleanser, and yet I will probably never purchase a tube. It's simply too expensive given that it performs almost exactly like my holy grail Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser. (Another dupe is the La Roche-Posay Purifying Foaming Cleanser.) I used up the deluxe sample I received as part of my Sephora birthday gift, and I greatly enjoyed it, but I can't justify paying over $30 for 5 fl oz of cleanser. If money is no object, this is worth trying. It's a gentle and gently foaming cleanser that does a fair job of removing light makeup but works best as a morning or second cleanse. I know the F word (foaming) is a dirty word in some corners, but this stuff, in common with the Cerave (and LRP), doesn't strip my skin. On the contrary, it leaves my skin feeling fresh and plump. As with all DE products, the packaging is also adorable. If someone gave me a tube as a gift, I'd be very grateful (if a little mad they spent the money). I'd use it happily and enjoy seeing its cheerful packaging in my bathroom as long as the cleanser lasted. But when it comes to my own money, I'll save it for a DE moisturizer or treatment.

About reviewer (448 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

5 months ago

Really like this cleanser. In fact, I’m on my second tube! Didn’t dry out my skin or irritate my sensitive rosacea skin. Wish it were cheaper, but the tube actually lasts quite long so overall still ok for me.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3.0
from

5 months ago

I got it as a gift from Sephora, it does the job, my skin feels skin but a bit tight after. I used it after my makeup remover cream but still got painful pimple the next morning.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlack

1.0

6 months ago

I got this as a birthday gift from Sephora and after the first time I used it, my skin was dry and flaky. This is seriously overrated and overpriced and I can't imagine spending $32 on a full size one. I will stick to my Cetaphil

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

6 months ago

Like several others, I also got this as part of my birthday gift from Sephora. I have a real love/hate relationship with DE as I think many of their products are seriously overpriced, the worst example being their marula oil which they advise you to use so lavishly on your skin, cuticles, hair, antique furniture and vintage handbags (okay, I made the last 2 up) that you'd be spending a fortune every month on the stuff! However, while I have only used it 3 times, I actually quite like this cleanser. It seems pretty thorough and gentle - just does an effective job of getting off my tinted sunscreen, eye makeup, etc., leaving my face feeling clean. As I apply facial oil and moisturizer immediately afterward, I don't notice any excessive dryness caused by the cleanser. While I'm not sure I like it better than my "holy grail" cleansers, I certainly would consider buying this, though I'd probably wait for the VIB Rouge sale or for some special value set.

About reviewer (1495 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

7 months ago

I actually really liked this cleanser. I found that Beste No.9 did not strip the oil from my skin, but did allow it to feel clean afterwards. BUT I wear very little makeup, only concealer and blush occasionally, so I cannot speak for how well it removes makeup. For me it worked. I have sensitive skin so I only use cleanser in the evenings as I find that it can be too drying. I received the sample of 30 ml/1 oz for my birthday and that alone lasted me 2 months! I would definitely buy the large size. I also love how it does not have added fragrances or SLS.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age19-24