Paula's Choice RESIST Skin Restoring Moisturizer with SPF 50

Paula's Choice RESIST Skin Restoring Moisturizer with SPF 50

4.5

Not tested on animals

Aqua, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate 7.5, sunscreen), Homosalate (5, sunscreen), Ethylhexyl Salicylate (Octisalate 5, sunscreen), Benzophenone-3 (Oxybenzone 5, sunscreen), Silica (opacifier and texture enhancer), Glycerin (hydration), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone 3.0 , sunscreen), Cetearyl Alcohol (texture enhancer), Dimethicone (hydration), Butylene Glycol (hydration), Pentylene Glycol (hydration), Potassium Cetyl Phosphate (emulsifier), Cyclopentasiloxane (hydration), Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract (skin-restoring), VP/Eicosene Copolymer (texture enhancer), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (emollient), Allantoin (skin soothing), Niacinamide (skin-restoring), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (skin soothing), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (hydration, soothing), Atractylodes Macrocephala Root Powder (antioxidant), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (skin soothing), Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract (antioxidant), Portulaca Oleracea Extract (antioxidant), Mahonia Aquifolium Root Extract (antioxidant), Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate (antioxidant), Sarcosine (skin softener), Capryloyl Glycine (skin softener), Maltooligosyl Glucoside (skin softener), Cetearyl Glucoside (skin softener), Dimethiconol (texture enhancer), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (stabilizer), Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate (hydration), Hexylene Glycol (texture enhancer), 4-T-Butylcyclohexanol (emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (texture enhancer), PEG-100 Stearate (texture enhancer), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Xanthan Gum (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Caprylyl Glycol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin softening).

The Paula's Choice RESIST Skin Restoring Moisturizer with SPF 50 is a good sunscreen for people with dry skin that hate sunscreens and how either very drying they can be, or how some sunscreens can leave your face looking super greasy. This moisturizer does a great job hydrating skin and protecting it from UVA and UVB rays. Since this is a chemical sunscreen this does not have any white cast but it does have a strong "sunscreen scent" that dissipates throughout the day. I do like that this has much more antioxidants and beneficial ingredients than the average sunscreen does. This is also fragrance free which is a bonus. I would say if you have oily or normal skin this is probably going to be too emollient for you, but those with dry skin will probably have better results. My video review can be seen here:

on 8/25/2017 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I wanted to hate this and I was all prepared to dislike this thinking sure I'll try this but I bet my rosacea will hate it. But I am a sucker for new sunscreens, mascaras, concealers, foundations always looking for the next better thing.

Well this product performs for me. It sinks in well, does not leave a sticky or crusty film afterwards, wears well, works well with my makeup choices, doesn't sting--I can even use around my eyes. It is expensive and I hate PC's new high prices but this WORKS! It's a chemical sunscreen so I'm surprised I can use on my sensitive rosacea skin but I have been using for several weeks with no problem. No cast, no smell except for a slight sunscreen smell and tube is 2 oz. It's supposed to be for normal dry skin and right now my skin is combination and it is working for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials