Essence Extreme Long Lasting Eye Pencil

Essence Extreme Long Lasting Eye Pencil

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Really love this , I got "blacklove" it's very deep intense black , stayed put on waterline for over 12 hours , I cant find even one negative thing about it, you can't beat the price too , I've already bought 3 of these , bought it to my mom too .. love

on 2/19/2018 1:38:00 PM

I adore this liner. I wear it almost daily. I used to wear their previous Gel pencil formula, but it smudged like crazy and gave me raccoon eyes halfway through the day, so I ditched it. When they brought in their new inventory for the fall I decided to try their new liners and bought 06 Silky Nude and 05 Rockin' Taupe. I found they on perfectly and stay on with no smudging. I really recommend Silky Nude on the lower waterline for a 'bright eyes' effect; Silky Nude now replaces my NYX wonder pencil for that job. The only issue I have with this liner is that the packaging is kind of confusing, it doesn't look like you can sharpen it but you can. To me this liner is the absolute best liner you can buy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I nabbed Rockin' Taupe at the new Ulta that just opened near me; it's becoming oddly difficult to find taupe eyeliner, at least around here. It's a pearly mink taupe, on the cooler side of neutral, perfectly balanced between brown and gray. It has almost a golden tone to it; very pretty against my golden green eyes. The formula is nice; it works best if I warm it by putting the pencil in my pocket for a few minutes before using, but, once I get a line going, it applies smoothly and doesn't smudge. It's a very user friendly eyeliner, great for hugging the lashline, (deliberate) smudging, or even in lieu of eyeshadow, because it's opaque in one pass. The texture isn't so creamy that you couldn't sharpen it into a finer point, although it might be challenging to do so. Do try this one if you're on the market for a nice taupe liner!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have three shades of this liner, and I really like the formula. It is a typical gel pencil, so it glides on so smoothly, but the best part is that it does last for a really long time. I have But First, Espresso (cool dark brown), Midnight in the Jungle (deep khaki green with a little bit of shimmer), and Rockin' Taupe (cool metallic taupe.) They're all very pretty and they swatch true to color. I love that the outside of the pencil is the same color as the liner since it makes finding them in my pencil cup a lot easier. The wear on all three shades is great, and if I had need of the other colors I'd probably pick them up too. They're dirt cheap at Ulta in the US ($2.99 I think) and worth every penny. Since it is a soft gel formula, you have to sharpen it a bit if you want a very sharp line, but given the cost I don't feel like I am wasting a lot of product by sharpening it all of the time.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a new offering from Essence. I normally buy their regular Long Lasting Eyeliner, which I love, but it just wasn't cutting it in the summer heat with my oily eyelids.
I decided to take a chance on this one, and I am so glad I did.

I picked it up in the shade "blacklove" which is a deep, true black.

- This eyeliner is buttery smooth to apply - it just glides on, even with the lightest touch.
- You have a few seconds before it dries down to soften or smudge if you need to (you'd need to do one eye at a time, it's /really/ fast), but then it lasts all day without smudging or transferring.
- It's only $4 (CAD)
- It's not a twist-up pencil like the original Long Lasting eyeliner, so you need a sharpener, but I feel like you get so much more product this way.
- It is waterproof, but it comes off easily with micellar water or other makeup remover.

Without a doubt, this is my new HG eyeliner; I will definitely be picking up the other shades available.