3.3

price range

Reviews

2.0

2 years ago

What. The. Hell. So I stopped by CVS in need of a waterproof mascara so I can have fun in the water and have eyelashes too. I just wanted something cheap because I'm not a waterproof girl in general. What could be cheaper than $3 elf? So I put down my Maybelline Full n Soft waterproof and happily made my purchase. The packaging is super basic but kind of sexy. Just shiny black. The wand is short and fluffy in the center. It took me a moment to get used to it but I soon discovered it was a great wand for getting every single hair coated and the formula was light with zero clumps. I stood back and admired my lashes, prepared to give a positive review for a nice cheap mascara and them BAM! My eyelashes got stuck together. It was the outer corners, so I fixed it thinking it was a fluke.....until i realized every timeI blinked my lashes stuck. I touched them, they were tacky. WUT. I actually powdered my damn lashes so they'd stop sticking. And in doing so I realized they were very flexible and tacky, so the curl got bet out. So help me if this doesn't end up being waterproof on top of this offense I'm going to come back and rate it 1.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesHazel

3.0

2 years ago

At $3 for a tube, this e.l.f. waterproof mascara looks like a steal! The applicator is very short and round, but it works surprisingly well for application. The mascara is lengthening, but does not give any volume unless it is layered. Even with layering the volume is not much. It defines and separates the lashes beautifully and the lashes feel very soft and look glossy. Surprisingly for a mascara that is advertised as being waterproof, this product is not remotely waterproof and I was able to completely remove it with a wet finger. The real dealbreaker for me was the fact that this mascara will not hold a curl, so I cannot recommend it for anyone who has to curl their lashes. This is not a mascara for anyone who wants large, volumized lashes or a false eyelash effect. This mascara is perfect for those who want a natural, no makeup look. This mascara will lengthen, define, and darken your natural lashes, which is perfect for a natural look. Another thing that annoyed me about the mascara was that my lashes would get stuck together when I blinked. As much as I love the price and the natural look of the mascara, I cannot repurchase this because it does not hold a curl.

About reviewer (329 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I absolutely love this mascara. It is true to its name; it both lengthens and volumizes. I got the color Black, which is a true inky black which doesn't dry to that powder black hue that some mascaras do. The brush is a smaller oval-round bristle brush, perfect for reaching every lash. The product contains .25fl. oz. of liquid and comes in a black sleek tube. The package I got boasts 'new formula' on box; I've never tried the old formula. Doesn't clump, flake, or make my lashes feel stiff or hard-- all for $3. I have not tested the waterproof aspect of this but even if it doesn't deliver on that, I still will repurchase; it makes my lashes look that good.

About reviewer (72 reviews)

Age25-29