Milani Make-it-dewy spray

No Image

3.6

Not tested on animals

on 10/31/2017 4:34:00 PM

The days I have worn this, I looked worse than I do with no makeup. It melts down my foundation and my green NYX concealer. By 9 am I had big red naked splotches on my face. I almost never return stuff but this is going back!!!

on 10/10/2017 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The product itself is fine, not the best I've used, but not the worst. Dries down quickly and does leave a nice dewy finish. However, the packaging - I don't know whether I have a faulty sprayer or what but it is the worst sprayer I have ever used. Spritzes out in all directions and keeps getting clogged so it then just squirts out one thick line of product! And I cannot seem to find a way to take the top off to transfer to another bottle that actually sprays well! So frustrating, only reason why I would NOT repurchase, it's just too much of a hassle.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Edit: I bumped this up to 4 lippies since I really like it despite the alcohol denat. My make up looks more natural WITHOUT leaving it greasier throughout the day.
----------
I chose Make It Dewy over Milani's Make It Last version despite having oily skin. My reasoning was quite simple: they both have relatively similar ingredient lists - but the Make It Last contains much more alcohol denat. This is a huge con in a lot of setting sprays on the market. Alcohol denat tends to be drying & irritating for sensitive skin. The Make It Dewy does contain alcohol denat but its content is much lower. Another reason is Make It Last contains castor oil while Make It Dewy does not. Castor oil is a nightmare for my skin.

I find it interesting Milani included a decent amount of caffeine in this formula. Caffeine in skincare products supposedly depuffs the skin and perks it up. I don't see it too often, let alone in a drugstore brand. Putting it in a setting spray is sort of brilliant. Niacinamide is also high up on the list which a lot of people love for brightening + antioxidant effects.

I love that this dries down to nothing...because I have oily skin. It just takes away the powdery finish of my make up. But I think most dry skinned ladies will be left disappointed in the lack of moisture this provides. Price-wise this is a lot less expensive than most on the market because you are getting 2 oz.

Regardless of the pros, this isn't a perfect product. It still contains alcohol denat, which I could look past if it were otherwise decent. Other threats on the ingredient list include: coconut byproducts, tocopheryl acetate, and fragrance. Plenty of people can use them with no issue but these three do irritate my sensitive skin.

Ingredient list: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Methyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caffeine, Caprylyl/Capric Glucoside, Hydrogenated Poly ( C6-14 Olefin), Benzophenone- 9, Alcohol Denat., Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Achillea Millefolium extract, Artemesia Absinthium Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Sorbate, Citrulline, Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Red 33 (CI 17200).

on 9/20/2017 5:37:00 PM

I tried this for the fun of it and because I like Milan I products. I did not have very high hopes because I thought it would leave me looking like a grease ball. Well, surprise, surprise. This goes on dewey alright. But then it sets to a lovely satin finish. I always use a setting powder and this does a super job of preventing my setting powder from making me look like a dusty mummy. I also have NYX's Dewey spray and my beloved All Nighter, and I love them both. But this will definitely be added to the other two.

on 8/21/2017 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have already purchased backups of this because it's so hard to find in Canada. I LOVE this stuff. I have dry skin (pretty much all year round, but moreso of course in winter) and a lot of setting sprays either dry my face out a bit or spray glitter particles everywhere. Enter this bad boy. SO amazing. No glitter whatsoever, just a nice sheen to the skin, which is exactly what i was looking for. And the spray is beautiful. Very gentle and evenly dispersed. I've heard some people complain about the spray so I'm not sure if they improved it from older versions or not, but the one i have is great. This spray is nicer than any of the other ones I have, including UD, Skindinavia, Pixi, etc. Makeup lasts without sliding off my face (which i was worried about with a "dewy" finishing spray). I haven't actually tried it as a primer yet, but I have a feeling it'd work well to hydrate my skin before applying makeup. A lot of silicone primers don't work well on my skin because they can be a tad drying and my dry skin is emphasized as a result.

It's $10 USD, but it only comes with 60ml of product (which is quite tiny for a setting spray). But alas, it's only $10 USD so no hung up there really. I just feel bad having to recycle the containers so often.

HIGHLY recommend if you have dry skin.