Kat Von D Glimmer Veil Everlasting Liquid Lipstick

Kat Von D Glimmer Veil Everlasting Liquid Lipstick

4.7

I was looking for a cool lipstick to wear this Halloween and noticed that this went on sale so I picked up the shade "wizard". it was described as "black with gold and purple glimmer" because of the glitter it does look kinda grey but its not a problem if you wear it over a black liquid lip. there is the gold and purple glitter but also blue and green. I have been wearing this on top of Kat Von D "witches" liquid lip and just tapping it over my lips focusing on my inner rim. I am so happy I got this I never expected to like something like this and I know I'll be wearing it after halloween passes. I keep hearing these are really hard to take off but the few times i wore it alone I didn't have any problems

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

What attracted me first when it came out was the color range. Really love those bright purple and red/fuschia in metallic!t I bought the color TELEVATOR but somewhat it did not look good on me so i bought RAZZLE. Which is perfect color for me and I really love it!

Anyway, as for the quality. I was defintely not dissapointed! I had doubts at first because i was not impressed with other ranges of metallic/glittery lipstick but this one is different.Firstly, it was really opaque. Just a coat it gives a full coverage on my lips. No streaks.
Second, it is Comfortable and felt like i am not wearing any lipstick at all. It did not dry my lips out.
Lastly, it was long lasting and was not easy to take off, on lips and also when i swatched it on my hand.

I am buying a back up and I have only worn it three times. That's how good it is.

I have Reverb, the darker of the two blue shades. It's beautiful. Two thin coats, letting it dry a bit in between, and it's not going anywhere for hours. It wears pretty darn comfortably and it doesn't feel drying to me. It's such a perfect formula, IMHO.

I'd like to try Dazzle, next. Man, if these are ever discontinued, I'll be so, so sad. At least not until I'm 60.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I was on the quest for a metallic blue lip and all I could find were glosses and lip creams, and going to metal and rock gigs I wanted something to last through sweat and beer.
I ended up with the shade Reverb- a royal metallic blue.
Originally intended as a topper to other liquid lipsticks, in this particular shade I can wear it alone as it is opaque enough with 1 coat. Lasts basically until I take it off, with 0 transfer, and minimal wear in the centre of the lips of one ears or consistently drinks.
I don't need to line this for bleeding purposes, however you need to take the time to outline your lips well as the applicator leaves something to be desired. It is a fuzzy, almost fluffy doe foot wand that can create a mess of not careful, but I generally pair with the blue shade of the NyX suede lip liners.
I even prefer this formula over the regular liquid lipsticks KVD does, it's just that good.
This particular shade does stain the lips a little and leaves glitter residue behind, but nothing an oil based cleanser doesn't generally get rid of.

on 1/19/2018 3:42:00 PM

I bought this in Rocker; it's very very orange. If I wear it as intended (following the application instructions) it is a really pretty, bold, very opaque orange color with some tiny flecks of glitter in it (i think some of the glitter is silver or clear). It lasts for hours and after I eat it only fades a little. I still see some stain on my lips in the evening before bed (after maybe 14 hrs wear). However, it's a bold color for me so I usually apply it this way: i use the wand and apply to top and bottom, then I smush my lips a little and immediately blot off with a towel until the color is toned down somewhat. Then i apply a lip balm for moisture. It comes off a little on the lip balm and throughout the day but that really tones it down a little and it leaves a nice stain color that I really like. It doesn't last as long that way as it does when i use it correctly though.

on 8/21/2017 12:08:00 PM

These are very tenacious, long lasting, and definitely different than many other lipsticks out there. The colors are extremely unique, bright and bold. This lipstick is extremely long lasting- the only thing I dislike about it is how the glitter kind of sticks out after the lipstick color begins to wear off. I have the color Razzle, but I will definitely be pickup a few more. For what it is worth- Razzle is much more pink in person than it looks in the photos. I also love that Kat Von D sticks to her beliefs against animal testing and will always keep the brand cruelty free!!