Ciaté London Glitter Flip Liquid Lipstick

Ciaté London Glitter Flip Liquid Lipstick

4.8

Ciaté’s Glitter Flip in Iconic has been my HG for special occasions this year. It adds the deepest violet pop and a touch of pink sparkle without overdoing it. The matte, creamy, opaque formula goes on evenly and doesn’t dry my lips out. It last all day, but I typically reapply after 6 hours if trying to keep it professional. Unlike some other formulas, it doesn’t feel gritty. For the price, it’s worth it, given how long it’s lasted.

These have been incredibly hard to get my mitts on, else I'd have reviewed it much sooner. I have the shade "Infamous" which is a gorgeous berry shade with silver shimmer. I normally do a pro/con with reviews but I have to tell you ---THERE ARE NO CONS. This is one of the most flattering shades of liquid lipstick that I own, it lasts several hours without feeling dry or tight, lasts through FOOD and drink both, and wears off evenly for a nice glimmery berry stain at the end. It is not as glittery as you'd think, definitely smooth and not chunky. But it brightens my face like nobodies business, I love it. I wish the line would come out with even more shades! A+

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

If glitter was cocaine I would be dead by now. I am completely powerless over it and I don't even care. When something - anything - is glittery is mesmerizes and thrills me to no end.

So obviously when I got wind of Glitter Flip I had to have it ASAP. After a quick search I found the closest sephora that had it in stock and fled from my apartment like it was on fire.
I purchased three colors; Candy, Hollywood and Forbidden.

The "gimmick" with these is that upon application they look like regular lipstick but after waiting a minute, you press your lips together and the glitter magically appears. This wasn't much of a draw for me because I don't care HOW the glitter gets there as long as it gets there.

That being said, I am relieved to say that I don't/won't wear straight glitter on my lips (or any part of my face) because it feels gross and makes me look crazier than I am.

What appealed to me was the fact that the glitter is integrated into the formula.

So...here's the deal: the colors are all beautiful - even the candy pink - which I've worn more than the red so far and I wear red lipstick almost exclusively.

The glitter is gratifyingly prominent without being embarrassing and it stays put.

But - you can't have everything. And the sacrifice made here is with finish. I find this to be dry and look dry. The good news is that this seems to do well with a non oily balm or gloss over it. I've been using the gloss side of a long wear two step lipstick (Covergirl I think). I also use a liner first because it gives a cleaner line.

I suspect that to get the most glitter bang for your glitter buck the black shade is probably best but I don't really wear black lipstick. Although I'll admit I'm considering this one.

I said that I would repurchase this because I think it's very decent but with a few exceptions I rarely repurchase the same lipstick twice, and I'm not sure I'll need to have this again.

on 8/20/2017 10:36:00 AM

The Ciate London Glitter Flip Liquid lipstick is unlike anything else I've seen. It is a matte glitter lipstick- and it lives up to the hype. First of all it is matte so definitely use a lip balm underneath to prevent any dryness. This is slightly metallic as well. Then on top of that it has very subtle glitter in it. The glitter isn't in your face or overly bold so I think some of the lighter colors you could wear during the daytime.

The lipstick tends to fade pretty evenly in my opinion and it does have decent staying power as well. The only thing I didn't like is the initial scent when you apply it- but it does dissipate quickly.