Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green

3.4

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Of the many I own, this is the foundation I’ve been using the most lately. It’s just so reliable! Not only does it hold for many hours, it holds beautifully! I wear the shade B40, which is a good neutral shade for my NC25 bordering neutral/warm skin tone. It covers well and is buildable from a medium to high coverage. I easily make this work using a sponge, a brush or my fingers as applicator, though I find the finish is best with a sponge. Despite the high coverage, it doesn’t look too ‘made up’. Definitely something you can wear daily to the office. I do! There’s so much to like about it, but I mark down a lippie only because, other than the sunscreen, it lacks in skin care ingredients. This isn’t really a problem, except I’ve tried foundations (SK-II’s cream foundation or Guerlain’s Parure Gold, for example) that are so comfortable on the skin, they are a joy to put on. I guess you can’t have it all. Overall, very pleased. I just bought a bottle of Dior’s new Forever Undercover foundation. It would be interesting to see how it compares.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This foundation is gorgeous and it didn't dry out my (dry) skin. However, when I realized that alcohol is the 3rd ingredient on the list, I couldn't endorse it anymore. I'm going to err on the side of caution when using any product with alcohol because of the research that shows it is terrible for skin even if it seems like your skin tolerates it well. It's possible I'm overreacting, but better safe than sorry.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This foundation has a beautiful finish with a medium coverage, but does not last "all hours" as it claims on my combo oily skin. It wears like a hydrating bb cream, and my blush and hightlighter are gone within a couple hours. Therefore, I cant reccomend it to anyone needing it to last, but I can recommend it for the finish and feel. This would work on dry skin. Im glad I just got a sample.

I have very red skin, finished acne treatment so I'm left with lots of scarring and discolouration and this foundation looked so natural yet covered everything. I tried it with the concealer and appeared to cake up where the concealer was applied but I think this was the concealer not the foundation. Although it's matte it left my skin looking radiant. It lasted all evening even in the wind and rain, didn't separate along my smile lines and nose (most prone place for my makeup sliding off) and feels sooooo light. Love it so much, My new favourite 😍😍

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this foundation. It's thin in texture but the coverage is med-full. The colour range, if you are in the fair-med range is very good. I wear Warm Ivory BD20 and am about NC15.

It is very expensive but it's YSL so it's expected. I love how it smells like watermelon.

Definitely get a sample from Sephora and try this out before buying. I have dry-normal skin and I don't feel like it sits funny or that the matte finish irritates my skin at all.

With the Laura Mercier translucent powder overtop to set this is a perfect foundation.

Edit - I noticed that this did oxidize on me and made me have quite the yellow head, I wish there was a lighter yellow shade available, BD10 anyone? I thus lowered my original score of this, since it did not work so well for me personally, even though I love the foundation itself, just not for me.

This foundation reminds me of a nicer more luxe version of the Urban Decay All Nighter that everyone loved last summer and no one talks about anymore, it was also matte and full coverage, yet thin in texture. I went back to using that instead and love it all over, and the shade 1 suits me much better.