Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

3.0

Meh. Not long lasting. Not matte. It`s just okay. I actually regret spending my money on this.For a few dollars more, or even a few dollars less I could`ve had one of my lovely Japanese foundations which I`ve been relying on through the years. Heard some You Tuber blabbing about how great this wore on her skin and (first and last time I will do this) decided to try a Western brand for once. Meh. Not worse the money.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this! It goes to show how differently foundation can work on various skin types. This might be a case of a good product, but marketed and directed to the wrong consumers. It's not full coverage or matte on me, but is an awesome natural-finish foundation on my 30-something combo skin. It's a very skin-looking satiny finish that spreads evenly, looks youthful and doesn't settle into pores. Definitely NOT matte. But not shiny or glowy.

It lasts ALL day when other longwearing ones *cough Laura Mercier* are eaten up by my oil within two hours.

BR10 is a perfect shade for my very pale yellow skin. Oddly, B10 was much too dark. Minimal oxidization on me.

I'd say it's medium coverage with a satin finish. It works well applied with my fingers. I love the pump too.

I'm desperately hoping this wont break me out, since it's the best foundation I've tried in ages. So far so good.

UPDATE: So happy I found this. A few weeks in and no breakouts, which is very usual for me. I love this SO much now. It is the most natural-looking, longest-lasting and flattering foundation I've tried in years.
- It blends like a dream
-never settles into pores
-satiny, skin-like finish that never looks dull or greasy
-BR10 is an impressive match for my very pale yellow-toned skin, no orange oxidization
-transfer-resistant and still there at 11pm
-lovely pump bottle
-covers well while still looking natural

I still stand by my thoughts that this a stellar foundation, but marketed and targeted wrong. It is not matte. It's a wonderful product for my late-30s, combo, sensitive skin.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I like to try new foundations that get rave reviews on YouTube and other places so I decided to give this one a try. The SA in Sephora matched me to BD20 which was OK - comparing to other foundations it was not the best color match or the worst but it was fine. I applied my usual moisturizer and primer before this foundation. When I applied it I noticed instantly my face felt very heavy even though I had not used a lot of product, also I really did not care for the scent. I wouldn't consider it "full coverage", I used a second layer to see if it would cover some small blemishes but it did not really cover them and I had to use concealer over it. Powder and other products went on ok over it. I noticed that it oxidized to an unattractive orange shade a few minutes after. It was at this point that I removed all my makeup because no matter how long it would have potentially lasted, I could not get past the original issues I had with it and will not be using it again.