Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Black

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got a sample of this to try. They gave me B20 which is a bit too light and the undertone is not warm enough. My go to is Chanel perfection lumiere velvet in B20, I’m about NC20. The texture of this foundation is a bit like paint - like applying physical sunscreen, it doesn’t want to blend with my skin, it sits on top. The coverage is medium and can be built up. The longevity is okay, I wore about 10 hours. My skin has become drier though as I age. I don’t know how this will fare with oily skin girls. I won’t buy this foundation because of how the texture sits on my skin and how it feels on my skin (light yet you can feel that you’re wearing one). For the price, this is not worth it for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

As a foundation this is about as basic as you get. A natural somewhat matte somewhat velvet finish, medium coverage that needs concealer that lasts for hours without letting (too much) oil seep through or breaking apart.

Is it worth the price? Absolutely not.

I wouldn't recommend this if you're looking for a foundation for problematic skin or if you want coverage at all. Especially if you're venturing into the world of luxury foundation DO NOT buy this. It will give you the wrong impression of what that is supposed to perform like. Go for Armani lsf if you want a medium coverage with a nice finish (beautiful finish acrually) go for the remarcable if full coverage super matte is what you want. I am going to go and say this was a disappointment mainly due to the price tag. No one shelling out that kind of money should have a product that performs like this. If this was 50 dollars that would make sense. But its a lot more than that and I'm kind of mad. Lol.
Save your money and buy the mufe hd if you love how this performs. I think they're pretty much identical.

Edit: Hmm after more than a week's use, I'm liking this more with every use for some reason. The creamy finish (makes my thin skin look thicker in a good way), and the fact that the bright colour doesn't darken or fade on me makes it quite enjoyable to use on long work days. I'm upgrading this to 4 lippies.
This proves it...I'm just gonna buy everything hotandflashy says is holy grail hehe^^ (no affiliation whatsoever!!)
------

Long story short..I'm afraid I don't find it to be anything special for me unfortunately.

I have combo Asian skin (dry on surface but slightly oily under the surface) with large pores and lots of texture.
BTW I got the universally recommended shade in Korea, which is the neutral B20 (similar to Chanel velvet lumiere shade 10, and the Korean standard shade of 21)

Anything with "BR" stands for beige rose, which means it has a pinkish undertone. Anything with "BD" means it has a yellowish undertone, apparently ->not 100% sure on this though cuz the BD shade range is not available in Korea at all for some reason)
Plain B stands for neutral.

Pros:
1. Minimal darkening, maintains original colour for at least 8 hours plus (perhaps due to dryish skin type).
2. Gives thin blotchy skin a bit of a thicker (in a good sense I mean) waxier look on the surface ->you know how sometimes
if you nap with your foundation on your skin looks really smooth and waxy/creamy (??but in a good way) when you wake up?
I think this foundation has that effect without the napping of course, after mingling with your skin's natural oils (1 hour or so)
3. Is quite a thick formulation but doesn't feel that thick. Not as matte as name suggests (can be used by dry skin types too)
4. Has an underlying glow that makes dry skin look softer and a bit better, especially at around hour 1-2.

Cons:
1. Accentuates pores and rough surface texture....yes its true folks. Porefessional helps but compared to my best picks
- i.e. the Chanel velvet lumiere or the Sisley foundation which covers pores without requiring anything extra at all - falls short.
2. Looks like you have makeup on for sure. Feels like a very old school foundation formulation. I prefer thinner, runnier ones.
3. Price...is it that great? Not sure (it feels very similar to Armani's lasting silk foundation, including med coverage and pore accentuating)
4. Has underlying glow that can make even dry skins look greasy at around hour 4.
5. Cucumber-like scent, which I don't like too much but it doesn't last so no big deal.

Conclusion: Hmm...it's ok but unfortunately not very special in any way.
I'll keep on using it occasionally of course (no return policy boohoo) but while avoiding my porous zones for sure.

(ps. Hmm...I sort of knew in my heart that I probably wouldn't really love this foundation, but hotandflashy on youtube who I really find trustworthy said it was a holy grail, and since I really love her original holy grail the Chanel velvet lumiere, I just kept thinking I wanted to try this out...I knew despite my misgivings I'd end up getting this one way or the other. I wish I could say I love this!)

Video Reviews & Tutorials