Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

3.5

Coverage is pretty nice, but you have to use small amount if you do not want to be looked cakey. The scent is nice. I don't recommend it to dry skin. Although I have normal skin, I slightly felt it was a bit drying. If you are dry to normal skin and has this foundation, make sure to put rich moisturizer on before applying the foundation.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I’ve tried soooooo many foundations before All Hours, and I have to say this is my HG!! My skin looks absolutely flawless with this on. Lasts all day, makes my pores look undectable. I can’t say enough good things about this foundation. It’s on the expensive side, but one of those products worth splurging on. A MUST TRY!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought this was going to be my holy grail foundation after 20 years of wearing Estee Lauder Double wear. It is not, but I am now on my second bottle. Let me tell you why I repurchased:

1. Does not settle into pores
2. Does not settle into fine lines and wrinkles
3. Able to find a color match perfectly even after oxidation.
4. Makes skin look flawless and youthful
5. Full coverage if using a brush
6. Light weight on the skin

Cons:
1. Is not 24 hour wear foundation. Barely 4 hours, I am oily
2. Transfers to everything even with setting powder.
3. Does not control oil even with mattifying primer and setting powder
4. Expensive and not even 1 oz.

This has a very light scent that is very fresh and does not irritate my skin. This does not settle into my pores and/or wrinkles even without a primer. I used wet sponge first and this just got soaked into the sponge. For the price of this foundation, I recommend using a brush. I also get better coverage using the brush, almost full coverage without looking heavy.

I am oily, so I struggled to find a primer to control the oil and not have foundation shiny midday. Dr Brandt pores no more has been the best to keep me matte, but oils still break through.

I am color Bd40 which has nice yellow undertone. This does oxidize 1/2 shade darker. Make sure to shake the bottle before applying.

I have tried match YSL primer, that helps with pores, but not for keeping me matte.

I get so many compliments on my skin when I wear this foundation. It looks great for the first 4 hours and then the oils really start to come through. I live in Texas and this is mostly testing in summer where humidity is 60% and higher with temperatures way over 95, multiple days over 101.

I will keep this for winter. I recently discovered Smashbox foundation and mixing these together for summer use has prolonged the wear.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

In the quest for a full coverage and long-lasting foundation, I tried this one. Sadly, it didn't live up to my expectations. The coverage was nowhere to be "full" as its huge claim, even when i built it up continuously to conceal my dark spots. It's buildable, but the coverage you get is still light to medium.
Another problem with this foundation was the way it sat on my skin throughout the day. The longevity was fine, you get 5-8 hours of makeup with it, with RCMA powder or Laura Mercier setting one on and all that (otherwise, it got worse, believe me). Definitely not impressive at all, especially with "all hours" claim. But it just sat on my skin, it didn't sink into my skin; and as the day went on, it started to turn funny. After about 4-5 hours, my skin felt drier and drier, the foundation became more greasy and dull and separate from my skin. Everytime i wore it, i had to wipe it off because it just looked so bad LOL.
Then I read the ingredient list and I wasn't happy at all that alcohol denat was the third in this formula. I strongly do not recommend this one on textured/dehydrated skin, like me. By the way, this foundation is nothing but below-average one and certainly not worth your precious dollars on it.
now, i'm crying.

Look, before I even start the review: I am 28 years old, barely have any fine lines, have very minimal texture on my skin, and my pores aren't the kind that need a pore-filling primer. My skin type is combination to dry. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that my review may not be helpful if you struggle with any of the problems I don't struggle with (yet).

Things I do struggle with: mild pigmentation around the mouth area, some dry patches around my chin from using Retin-A, a couple of dark scars from spots I had a couple of months ago.

Now the review: I LOVED this foundation. Loved, loved, loved it. I got matched BD 35, which is a pretty good shade for my light olive skintone. If I'm nitpicking, I'd say it pulls slightly yellow on me, but it's really not obvious. Also, I'm not a full-coverage kinda gal but I still loved this foundation because once it goes on top of my skincare, it doesn't exactly sheer out really, but it does still look like skin. Another thing I really liked about it was that it fades away really prettily: when my skin becomes slightly oilier as the day goes on, the foundation doesn't cake or break on my face, but mixes in with my natural oils to become a bit more dewy instead. I prefer a dewy finish, so that's a win-win. It doesn't cake or crease, doesn't budge, other products sit on top of it beautifully, and builds up on itself very nicely.

However, I gave this four lipsticks because I do think that people with dry skin would hate this foundation. The dry patches on my chin I wrote about earlier? Yeah, this emphasises those a fair bit. So, to sort of remedy that because I really do love this on the rest on my face, I mixed it in with a bit of Luminous Silk by Giorgio Armani and that really helped matters. Didn't fix it, but helped.

Last few details: I use one pump for my entire face and it covered everything for me. Feels very comfortable on the skin. Didn't feel or look like a mask. Went on best with my fingers in downwards strokes, but goes on well with a beauty blender too. Covers mild pigmentation beautifully. I am absolutely sold on this product and I will absolutely buy it again when I run out.

This is a life saver for me. I live in sunny & very humid Asia. Im a mac nc30 and using BD40 which matches my skintone perfectly.

It doesnt cake or gets patchy after 8 hours of wear in 32 degree celcius! I tried half my face Estee Lauder longwear & this. Both stayed but EL got cakey toward e end of the day.

I do use it with the latest ysl instant moisture glow as a primer. This combo makes my face luminous and very natural. Its more for a everyday look.

I wont be looking at other brands. Seriously!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a long lasting good full coverage foundation. It's worthy of the price tag it's premium high end and definitely a luxury brand for a reason. Great formula not heavy, gives those with oily skin like mine a nice matte finish but not drying. Recommend it even for those with normal skin as it's not as heavy as many other brands out there. 8/10. Only down side is the cucumber type scent. Also note their shades tend to be yellow tone based.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Full coverage is wild claim, haha.

I felt this is a medium to light coverage, it covered my pores but that was about it.

Smells amazing and it feels like it becomes your skin when it dries out, so even though it did not cover my blemishes, it still looked quite pretty as my skin looked more even.

I quite like this as the shade matches me so well.

The YSL counter manager at Bloomingdales insisted that I try All Hours, saying it was superior to anything else on the market. She kindly matched me and made a sample for me, even though I told her I never had much luck with YSL foundation.

About my skin: Late 30s, with some hyperpigmentation, large pores around the nose, and oily t-zone, and dry cheeks, slightly sensitive and prone to eczema.

I was matched to BD40, which is slightly darker than I usually wear in YSL (am a BD25 in the Teint Eclat), so I suspect that All Hours runs a tad lighter. The scent is the typical cucumber-melon-floral that YSL likes to use. It does fade away after application, but do beware if you are sensitive to scents.

The texture is very light and runny. Compared to EL Double Wear, it is definitely more watery feeling. The finish is a demi-matte/satin. I did not powder on top, and felt it had a pretty skin-like finish.

However, unfortunately, this sank into every single pore on my nose. And I also got crazy oil breakthrough in the t-zone. So sad.

I would say give this a shot if you don’t have big pores or have an effective pore filler you can use, and also if your skin is a bit on the drier side. Unfortunately for me, this will not be a full-size purchase, and I will stick to my Armani and Dior for high-end.

i made a review on this foundation https://beautyworkers.wordpress.com/2017/10/06/ftt-ysl-all-hours-foundation/