Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

2.8

This didn't do anything special for my combination, older (46 yrs) skin. I'm an nc15 and the closest match was BR20 which I thought was still off. I was surprised it wasn't full coverage given the longwearing claim. Armani lasting silk is similar regarding alcohol but delivers a nicer finish.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

I tried out the YSL All Hours Foundation for a First Impression on my youtube channel last week (see video below). I've had high expectations for this foundation, as all I've heard on youtube is people raving about it, saying how much they loved it, (also, Casey Holmes has super oily skin and she tried this out, and loved it) so I thought I'd give it a go. Anything which says matte, I instantly know that I have to try it.

My skin type: very oily t-zone with combination skin, blemishes, redness, sensitive, acne prone with large pores.

The mains claims which this foundation advertises are; Matte, Flawless, Even finish; Full coverage; Stays put for up to 24 hours; Waterproof and Transfer Resistant; Helps to reduce the appearance of pores; Skin look Fresh and Smooth.

As this foundation states that it has 24 HOUR WEAR!, I decided that I'd test it out for as long as I could, and wanted to make sure that I kept it on my skin for at least 8 hours - as this is a usual work day, and some of you would probably want to see how it holds up for the average work day.

I have tested out a foundation a couple of months ago, which also claimed to have 24 hour wear - Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup - and found it to be pretty crap. It didn't hold up very well on my oils, and I wasn't overall impressed with it.
I felt this foundation would be better, as it's a matte formula, so had very high hopes, but wouldn't be as shocked if it didn't work out for me.

After testing out this foundation for a few more times, here are the Pros and Cons.

Pros:
- Dried to a Matte Finish.
- Didn't make me oily at all - even after 10 hours, and my forehead usual gets shiny after 5 hours with other foundations.
- The packaging is stunning, and they also included a pump. *BIG Thumbs Up for the pump*
- Gave me a flawless look to my skin.
- Formula was almost the same as my EL Double Wear Original (my holy grail foundation).
- Medium to Full Coverage.
- Very buildable. I could build up this foundation, and it didn't look cakey or patchy at all.
- Available in a wide range of shades, in Cool, Neutral, and Warm Undertone. Shades for very light to very dark skin colours.
- No smell/fragrance.
- Contains SPF20, which is perfect for the spring and summertime.
- My pores and laughter lines were very reduced.
- Didn't break me out, and was great on my sensitive skin!

Cons:
- Only 25ml, which is smaller than the usual foundation weight.
- Very pricey for the amount of product. £33.50 or $58.
- Doesn't fully cover up redness.
- Became patchy on one side of my face (on my cheeks) during the day.
- Transferred easily.
- Oxidised A LOT! Make sure the buy a shade lighter, or wait a minute for it to dry before you purchase the shade.

Overall, I love how to foundation looks on my skin. It makes my skin appear flawless, and covers up blemishes very well. You don't need too much of the foundation, however you do need more than the Marc Jacobs Remarcable Foundation, which contains slightly less than the YSL.
The foundation hasn't broken my skin out, and I haven't been irritated from it.
It does come off on one side of my face when I'm at work - maybe it could be transferring as part of my job is working on phones.
This foundation is beaufil on the skin, and it controls my oils throughout the WHOLE DAY! I love the appearance of my skin when using it, however I'm unsure if I would repurchase, as I do need to apply more foundation after work due to transferring. Saying this, the foundation builds up very well, but I'd need to see if I have any other foundations (other than EL DW) which hold up better for work.

Check out my video below!!!

Subscribe to my youtube channel: Search 'Chloe Luckin'
Subscribe to my Vlog channel: Search 'Chloe Luckin Vlogs'
Check out my blog: https://www.chloeluckin.blogspot.com

This is a very good, very expensive foundation. But it is no better than its close competitors, therefore its high price isn't justified. And the color range is... bad. Here are my annoyances:

1. I am amazed that YSL didn't provide this at the industry-accepted size of one ounce. Instead, .84 oz. Total ripoff. For that reason alone, I give it a pass. Shame on you greedy pigs, YSL.

2. The color range is not great. I'm a fair, rosy blonde (read: brown). I need a color that downplays my redness, but isn't too light. Not to be found here.

I'm really mad about the price. Instead I'll go with Dior Forever--a superb product.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation has generated alot of reviews on You Tube. I did get a sample because is is expensive at $58.00 and the bottle is less than an oz, making the cost $69.00 per oz, YIKES!! This is another full coverage, matte foundation, and it was just "OK". I found it took alot of time to blend and too much blending tended to wipe it away. I uses an Artis brush and had to apply a little more to my cheeks using a beauty blender. It took some time to set to a matte finish. I did not think it was full coverage on the first pass, but it can be built up to a full coverage with 2 applications. The interesting thing for me was finding the right shade. It comes in 22 shades, and they are well described, with cool, warm and neutral. I used the shade Sand. It has alot of alcohol, which is the 3rd ingredient. It also has "probiotics" which to me is a marketing gimmick. I used HG Mineral Veil primer. I thought that it lasted about 10 hours, which is plenty long enough for me. I did set it with Laura Mercier translucent powder. I would probably not purchase it because it was not a standout for me in terms of foundations, and it was ridiculously expensive, even for this makeup diva!