Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Of the many I own, this is the foundation I’ve been using the most lately. It’s just so reliable! Not only does it hold for many hours, it holds beautifully! I wear the shade B40, which is a good neutral shade for my NC25 bordering neutral/warm skin tone. It covers well and is buildable from a medium to high coverage. I easily make this work using a sponge, a brush or my fingers as applicator, though I find the finish is best with a sponge. Despite the high coverage, it doesn’t look too ‘made up’. Definitely something you can wear daily to the office. I do! There’s so much to like about it, but I mark down a lippie only because, other than the sunscreen, it lacks in skin care ingredients. This isn’t really a problem, except I’ve tried foundations (SK-II’s cream foundation or Guerlain’s Parure Gold, for example) that are so comfortable on the skin, they are a joy to put on. I guess you can’t have it all. Overall, very pleased. I just bought a bottle of Dior’s new Forever Undercover foundation. It would be interesting to see how it compares.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Full coverage is wild claim, haha.

I felt this is a medium to light coverage, it covered my pores but that was about it.

Smells amazing and it feels like it becomes your skin when it dries out, so even though it did not cover my blemishes, it still looked quite pretty as my skin looked more even.

I quite like this as the shade matches me so well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I will not purchase

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and am NC37 skin tone and bought BD50 in this foundation. And to note I own a lot of foundation. Particularly high end. I have tried every foundation no exaggeration.
I find this applies best with a beauty blender. One pump is enough and I have to work fast. I can then go in and build up on areas if I have a break out.
This is not the prettiest foundation at first. It looks a bit blah and matte and nothing special at all. There is a scent also but very faint and is gone quick. Within two hours of wearing this, it looks amazing. I don't know if it's the warmth of the skin or what. It's just magic (sorry but it is!)
Blotted at the 5 hour mark and it's like new. Nothing has shifter or moved. Ten hours later and I would comfortably go out to dinner with this on after all day. I can't really say that about any I've tried. Comfortable consistent coverage that smoothes and makes my skin look good for the whole day. The only foundation that compares in wear time is the MAC studio fix fluid and the ELDW(which breaks me out). This is better in how it wears. It just makes me look radiant. I'm surprised at the bad reviews and I expected it to be awful and all the YouTube hype.

Video Reviews & Tutorials