Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Full coverage is wild claim, haha.

I felt this is a medium to light coverage, it covered my pores but that was about it.

Smells amazing and it feels like it becomes your skin when it dries out, so even though it did not cover my blemishes, it still looked quite pretty as my skin looked more even.

I quite like this as the shade matches me so well.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

I tried out the YSL All Hours Foundation for a First Impression on my youtube channel last week (see video below). I've had high expectations for this foundation, as all I've heard on youtube is people raving about it, saying how much they loved it, (also, Casey Holmes has super oily skin and she tried this out, and loved it) so I thought I'd give it a go. Anything which says matte, I instantly know that I have to try it.

My skin type: very oily t-zone with combination skin, blemishes, redness, sensitive, acne prone with large pores.

The mains claims which this foundation advertises are; Matte, Flawless, Even finish; Full coverage; Stays put for up to 24 hours; Waterproof and Transfer Resistant; Helps to reduce the appearance of pores; Skin look Fresh and Smooth.

As this foundation states that it has 24 HOUR WEAR!, I decided that I'd test it out for as long as I could, and wanted to make sure that I kept it on my skin for at least 8 hours - as this is a usual work day, and some of you would probably want to see how it holds up for the average work day.

I have tested out a foundation a couple of months ago, which also claimed to have 24 hour wear - Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup - and found it to be pretty crap. It didn't hold up very well on my oils, and I wasn't overall impressed with it.
I felt this foundation would be better, as it's a matte formula, so had very high hopes, but wouldn't be as shocked if it didn't work out for me.

After testing out this foundation for a few more times, here are the Pros and Cons.

Pros:
- Dried to a Matte Finish.
- Didn't make me oily at all - even after 10 hours, and my forehead usual gets shiny after 5 hours with other foundations.
- The packaging is stunning, and they also included a pump. *BIG Thumbs Up for the pump*
- Gave me a flawless look to my skin.
- Formula was almost the same as my EL Double Wear Original (my holy grail foundation).
- Medium to Full Coverage.
- Very buildable. I could build up this foundation, and it didn't look cakey or patchy at all.
- Available in a wide range of shades, in Cool, Neutral, and Warm Undertone. Shades for very light to very dark skin colours.
- No smell/fragrance.
- Contains SPF20, which is perfect for the spring and summertime.
- My pores and laughter lines were very reduced.
- Didn't break me out, and was great on my sensitive skin!

Cons:
- Only 25ml, which is smaller than the usual foundation weight.
- Very pricey for the amount of product. £33.50 or $58.
- Doesn't fully cover up redness.
- Became patchy on one side of my face (on my cheeks) during the day.
- Transferred easily.
- Oxidised A LOT! Make sure the buy a shade lighter, or wait a minute for it to dry before you purchase the shade.

Overall, I love how to foundation looks on my skin. It makes my skin appear flawless, and covers up blemishes very well. You don't need too much of the foundation, however you do need more than the Marc Jacobs Remarcable Foundation, which contains slightly less than the YSL.
The foundation hasn't broken my skin out, and I haven't been irritated from it.
It does come off on one side of my face when I'm at work - maybe it could be transferring as part of my job is working on phones.
This foundation is beaufil on the skin, and it controls my oils throughout the WHOLE DAY! I love the appearance of my skin when using it, however I'm unsure if I would repurchase, as I do need to apply more foundation after work due to transferring. Saying this, the foundation builds up very well, but I'd need to see if I have any other foundations (other than EL DW) which hold up better for work.

Check out my video below!!!

Subscribe to my youtube channel: Search 'Chloe Luckin'
Subscribe to my Vlog channel: Search 'Chloe Luckin Vlogs'
Check out my blog: https://www.chloeluckin.blogspot.com

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I will not purchase

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and am NC37 skin tone and bought BD50 in this foundation. And to note I own a lot of foundation. Particularly high end. I have tried every foundation no exaggeration.
I find this applies best with a beauty blender. One pump is enough and I have to work fast. I can then go in and build up on areas if I have a break out.
This is not the prettiest foundation at first. It looks a bit blah and matte and nothing special at all. There is a scent also but very faint and is gone quick. Within two hours of wearing this, it looks amazing. I don't know if it's the warmth of the skin or what. It's just magic (sorry but it is!)
Blotted at the 5 hour mark and it's like new. Nothing has shifter or moved. Ten hours later and I would comfortably go out to dinner with this on after all day. I can't really say that about any I've tried. Comfortable consistent coverage that smoothes and makes my skin look good for the whole day. The only foundation that compares in wear time is the MAC studio fix fluid and the ELDW(which breaks me out). This is better in how it wears. It just makes me look radiant. I'm surprised at the bad reviews and I expected it to be awful and all the YouTube hype.