Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

2.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got a sample of this to try. They gave me B20 which is a bit too light and the undertone is not warm enough. My go to is Chanel perfection lumiere velvet in B20, I’m about NC20. The texture of this foundation is a bit like paint - like applying physical sunscreen, it doesn’t want to blend with my skin, it sits on top. The coverage is medium and can be built up. The longevity is okay, I wore about 10 hours. My skin has become drier though as I age. I don’t know how this will fare with oily skin girls. I won’t buy this foundation because of how the texture sits on my skin and how it feels on my skin (light yet you can feel that you’re wearing one). For the price, this is not worth it for me.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

In the quest for a full coverage and long-lasting foundation, I tried this one. Sadly, it didn't live up to my expectations. The coverage was nowhere to be "full" as its huge claim, even when i built it up continuously to conceal my dark spots. It's buildable, but the coverage you get is still light to medium.
Another problem with this foundation was the way it sat on my skin throughout the day. The longevity was fine, you get 5-8 hours of makeup with it, with RCMA powder or Laura Mercier setting one on and all that (otherwise, it got worse, believe me). Definitely not impressive at all, especially with "all hours" claim. But it just sat on my skin, it didn't sink into my skin; and as the day went on, it started to turn funny. After about 4-5 hours, my skin felt drier and drier, the foundation became more greasy and dull and separate from my skin. Everytime i wore it, i had to wipe it off because it just looked so bad LOL.
Then I read the ingredient list and I wasn't happy at all that alcohol denat was the third in this formula. I strongly do not recommend this one on textured/dehydrated skin, like me. By the way, this foundation is nothing but below-average one and certainly not worth your precious dollars on it.
now, i'm crying.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This did not look flattering on my N/D rosacea skin. I was matched to BD20 which was an ok match. It started too light but oxidized to the right color for my NC 20 coloring.

The texture initially felt light but was medium to full coverage and it looked obvious on my skin. It did not look skin-like. Hours later, it was still on in full force and it held up very well. I just had some slight oily breakthrough on my chin. And after 5hours, I could feel it on my skin. I could tell I was wearing a cover of foundation and it wasn't like a hydrating veil but it felt slightly foundation-y and clay-like. It did nothing good for my face's texture: no blurring of pores or wrinkles.

It's also very fragranced and has a high alcohol content so I found this drying after all day wear. Next day my face was flaky.

I am probably not the skin type geared for this foundation. This is probably more for combination or oily types or it's more for summer wear.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This foundation is gorgeous and it didn't dry out my (dry) skin. However, when I realized that alcohol is the 3rd ingredient on the list, I couldn't endorse it anymore. I'm going to err on the side of caution when using any product with alcohol because of the research that shows it is terrible for skin even if it seems like your skin tolerates it well. It's possible I'm overreacting, but better safe than sorry.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using MAC Pro Longwear (NW20) for several years now, but like many of us, I'm always searching for another good option. I bought this in BR20 (Cool Ivory). At first I thought the color would be too light, but once it was applied, it looked great. I applied about two layers and used ELF HD setting powder. I tried this two days in a row. Day #1 I used my normal LM Hydrating Primer along with my moisturizer becaue most long wear foundations tend to dry me out. After just a few hours I could see my forehead shine showing through. By the end of my workday, the foundation had broken down big time. I used UD Slick powder to touch up at least four times during the day. Day #2 I skipped the LM Hydrating Primer thinking maybe it wouldn't break down so much. Not so. After just a few hours, I was touching it up again with my UD Slick. By the end of my workday, there is hardly any foundation on my chin, and my nose & forehead are splotchy from the product breaking down. Granted, my workday is long. I apply my make-up at 5:30am and get off work at 4pm. My MAC Pro Longwear *will* last through my whole work day with maybe one touchup mid-day. I really had high hopes for this, but I'll be returning it to Sephora. If it lasted at least half the day, I'd keep it for weekend wear and shorter days, but for $58 its going back.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. I bought this from Selfridge in the UK because I just couldn't wait until it launches in Australia. I was going to get BD40 but for unknown reason I picked B40 which is neutral undertone. It's actually not bad. It leans more on the yellow side than Nuetral side. I thought if it's good then I will purchase the right shade. It is now available in Australia. Despite this looking ashy upon application, after an hour or two it actually oxidises on the right shade for me. My friend got BD40 and I tried hers, it matches almost on my NC30-NC35 but then it oxidises orange on me. Reminds me a lot of the Maybelline Matte+Poreless to be honest with oxidising part on me anyway. My friend actually ended up buying the B40 instead because to be honest it is actually a better shade for some reason.

This is not Matte for me. There is nothing Matte or All Hours about it. I am very confused. However I actually like the satin finish a lot. This applies very nicely. I actually love the formula. Easy to work with, the finish is very nice. It's a solid medium on me, buildable without cakeing but very greasy feeling. Not full coverage in any way, shape or form even. This just makes my skin looks healthy, I don't find it to settle on my pores or fine lines or cling on dry patches or excentuates textures. It is very flattering. Brush or Sponge works nicely and it gives a very flattering finish. HOWEVER, I have to set this with powder everytime for a couple of reasons.

1. It does not dry down on me and I don't know why.
2. Because it doesn't last 3hrs on my combo skin if I don't.
3. It's Sticky/ Tacky and any blush, contour, bronzing powder I put on top is patchy and hard to blend. No issues if I set it with powder first.

This is not long lasting. I do love the finish but it breakdown pretty badly during the day. I have to spray a Mattifying Setting Spray (Gerard Cosmetics Slay All Day) before applying this foundation to help with longevity. This doesn't stand the test of time of 12hrs which is a normal wear time for me. So I'm not sure what is up with the 24hr claim.

This has a very strong scent. I'm not here for it because it broke me out. I'm not sure if it's the scent or the alcohol ingredient in it which is very disappointing. The scent have stayed on my brush and beauty blender even after cleaning them. When I use this, everything smells like this foundation ahahaha.

I'm a combo skin, with problematic medication flare up acnes and hyperpigmentation. This unfortunately goes down after 3-4hrs. It's a beautiful finish but I find myself blotting more than I would with other foundation that I have which are not even Matte. My honest score will be 2.5 but the scoring system won't let me so I have it a 3 and that is being very generous. It didn't hit the mark for me. If you are in a position to get a sample, do that first before committing in purchasing one. This foundation will suite me more on once a week basis most probably during the weekend when I just drive my kids around to their extra curricular activities or if you are just going to a lunch or dinner (3-4hrs) tops. I will still use it because I paid a lot of money for it and like I said the finish is beautiful but because of the scent, alcohol and longevity it is not worth repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation. It gives me the perfect airbrushed looking skin for hours without caking, creasing or grabs onto my flakes!
The texture is lovely and glides on the skin beautifully and spreads out evenly and has medium coverage but because of it's lovely texture, I am certain it will layer beautifully n places that require fuller coverage. I didn't need a separate under eye concealer but set it with powder then finshed with UD All nighter.

I looked flawless all day and all night long!! I am around NC25ish atm and wore BD35.

The only downside was the shade range.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I will not purchase

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a sample of this before paying the big bucks. Glad I did. I have acne prone, textured, combo skin. I applied my Milk primer and then applied this foundation. It started out really nice. Nothing like blow my mind but nice. It didn't feel heavy on my skin. It settled a little more into my pores and lines than other matte foundations. I've been using the Covergirl BB Matte and love that one . As the day went on with the YSL foundation my skin got more and more oily. Like greasy gross. My Covergirl Matte BB foundation keeps me less shiny than this foundation. So does the Este Lauder Double Wear. I recommend those 2 over this.

I really wish I loved this foundation, but I've actually come to hate it after trying it for a couple of weeks. The best thing about it is the packaging. The bottle is pretty and comes with a nice pump. That's where the good ends for me.

The consistency isn't bad (not too thick or thin), but for some strange reason it felt like a wet mask on my face even with powder. Coverage is medium. It also turned a shade darker and a bit orange not too long after application. There was no glow or a nice evenness to my complexion. It just looked flat and weird. It lasted the whole day for the most part, but I almost wish it didn't so I could just stop looking at how weird it made my skin look.

I'm disappointed. For a price point like this, it should be an awesome foundation. If you're looking for a long-wearing foundation, Double Wear is way better: it's less expensive, lasts, and doesn't oxidize.