Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

2.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This did not look flattering on my N/D rosacea skin. I was matched to BD20 which was an ok match. It started too light but oxidized to the right color for my NC 20 coloring.

The texture initially felt light but was medium to full coverage and it looked obvious on my skin. It did not look skin-like. Hours later, it was still on in full force and it held up very well. I just had some slight oily breakthrough on my chin. And after 5hours, I could feel it on my skin. I could tell I was wearing a cover of foundation and it wasn't like a hydrating veil but it felt slightly foundation-y and clay-like. It did nothing good for my face's texture: no blurring of pores or wrinkles.

It's also very fragranced and has a high alcohol content so I found this drying after all day wear. Next day my face was flaky.

I am probably not the skin type geared for this foundation. This is probably more for combination or oily types or it's more for summer wear.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This foundation is gorgeous and it didn't dry out my (dry) skin. However, when I realized that alcohol is the 3rd ingredient on the list, I couldn't endorse it anymore. I'm going to err on the side of caution when using any product with alcohol because of the research that shows it is terrible for skin even if it seems like your skin tolerates it well. It's possible I'm overreacting, but better safe than sorry.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. I bought this from Selfridge in the UK because I just couldn't wait until it launches in Australia. I was going to get BD40 but for unknown reason I picked B40 which is neutral undertone. It's actually not bad. It leans more on the yellow side than Nuetral side. I thought if it's good then I will purchase the right shade. It is now available in Australia. Despite this looking ashy upon application, after an hour or two it actually oxidises on the right shade for me. My friend got BD40 and I tried hers, it matches almost on my NC30-NC35 but then it oxidises orange on me. Reminds me a lot of the Maybelline Matte+Poreless to be honest with oxidising part on me anyway. My friend actually ended up buying the B40 instead because to be honest it is actually a better shade for some reason.

This is not Matte for me. There is nothing Matte or All Hours about it. I am very confused. However I actually like the satin finish a lot. This applies very nicely. I actually love the formula. Easy to work with, the finish is very nice. It's a solid medium on me, buildable without cakeing but very greasy feeling. Not full coverage in any way, shape or form even. This just makes my skin looks healthy, I don't find it to settle on my pores or fine lines or cling on dry patches or excentuates textures. It is very flattering. Brush or Sponge works nicely and it gives a very flattering finish. HOWEVER, I have to set this with powder everytime for a couple of reasons.

1. It does not dry down on me and I don't know why.
2. Because it doesn't last 3hrs on my combo skin if I don't.
3. It's Sticky/ Tacky and any blush, contour, bronzing powder I put on top is patchy and hard to blend. No issues if I set it with powder first.

This is not long lasting. I do love the finish but it breakdown pretty badly during the day. I have to spray a Mattifying Setting Spray (Gerard Cosmetics Slay All Day) before applying this foundation to help with longevity. This doesn't stand the test of time of 12hrs which is a normal wear time for me. So I'm not sure what is up with the 24hr claim.

This has a very strong scent. I'm not here for it because it broke me out. I'm not sure if it's the scent or the alcohol ingredient in it which is very disappointing. The scent have stayed on my brush and beauty blender even after cleaning them. When I use this, everything smells like this foundation ahahaha.

I'm a combo skin, with problematic medication flare up acnes and hyperpigmentation. This unfortunately goes down after 3-4hrs. It's a beautiful finish but I find myself blotting more than I would with other foundation that I have which are not even Matte. My honest score will be 2.5 but the scoring system won't let me so I have it a 3 and that is being very generous. It didn't hit the mark for me. If you are in a position to get a sample, do that first before committing in purchasing one. This foundation will suite me more on once a week basis most probably during the weekend when I just drive my kids around to their extra curricular activities or if you are just going to a lunch or dinner (3-4hrs) tops. I will still use it because I paid a lot of money for it and like I said the finish is beautiful but because of the scent, alcohol and longevity it is not worth repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation. It gives me the perfect airbrushed looking skin for hours without caking, creasing or grabs onto my flakes!
The texture is lovely and glides on the skin beautifully and spreads out evenly and has medium coverage but because of it's lovely texture, I am certain it will layer beautifully n places that require fuller coverage. I didn't need a separate under eye concealer but set it with powder then finshed with UD All nighter.

I looked flawless all day and all night long!! I am around NC25ish atm and wore BD35.

The only downside was the shade range.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I will not purchase

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a sample of this before paying the big bucks. Glad I did. I have acne prone, textured, combo skin. I applied my Milk primer and then applied this foundation. It started out really nice. Nothing like blow my mind but nice. It didn't feel heavy on my skin. It settled a little more into my pores and lines than other matte foundations. I've been using the Covergirl BB Matte and love that one . As the day went on with the YSL foundation my skin got more and more oily. Like greasy gross. My Covergirl Matte BB foundation keeps me less shiny than this foundation. So does the Este Lauder Double Wear. I recommend those 2 over this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this foundation. It's thin in texture but the coverage is med-full. The colour range, if you are in the fair-med range is very good. I wear Warm Ivory BD20 and am about NC15.

It is very expensive but it's YSL so it's expected. I love how it smells like watermelon.

Definitely get a sample from Sephora and try this out before buying. I have dry-normal skin and I don't feel like it sits funny or that the matte finish irritates my skin at all.

With the Laura Mercier translucent powder overtop to set this is a perfect foundation.

Edit - I noticed that this did oxidize on me and made me have quite the yellow head, I wish there was a lighter yellow shade available, BD10 anyone? I thus lowered my original score of this, since it did not work so well for me personally, even though I love the foundation itself, just not for me.

This foundation reminds me of a nicer more luxe version of the Urban Decay All Nighter that everyone loved last summer and no one talks about anymore, it was also matte and full coverage, yet thin in texture. I went back to using that instead and love it all over, and the shade 1 suits me much better.