Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight

1.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wish I loved this foundation, but I've actually come to hate it after trying it for a couple of weeks. The best thing about it is the packaging. The bottle is pretty and comes with a nice pump. That's where the good ends for me.

The consistency isn't bad (not too thick or thin), but for some strange reason it felt like a wet mask on my face even with powder. Coverage is medium. It also turned a shade darker and a bit orange not too long after application. There was no glow or a nice evenness to my complexion. It just looked flat and weird. It lasted the whole day for the most part, but I almost wish it didn't so I could just stop looking at how weird it made my skin look.

I'm disappointed. For a price point like this, it should be an awesome foundation. If you're looking for a long-wearing foundation, Double Wear is way better: it's less expensive, lasts, and doesn't oxidize.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I like to try new foundations that get rave reviews on YouTube and other places so I decided to give this one a try. The SA in Sephora matched me to BD20 which was OK - comparing to other foundations it was not the best color match or the worst but it was fine. I applied my usual moisturizer and primer before this foundation. When I applied it I noticed instantly my face felt very heavy even though I had not used a lot of product, also I really did not care for the scent. I wouldn't consider it "full coverage", I used a second layer to see if it would cover some small blemishes but it did not really cover them and I had to use concealer over it. Powder and other products went on ok over it. I noticed that it oxidized to an unattractive orange shade a few minutes after. It was at this point that I removed all my makeup because no matter how long it would have potentially lasted, I could not get past the original issues I had with it and will not be using it again.