Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other

3.5

I am about NC35, combo-dry skin which leans dryer in the winter but in the summer i get shiny in the Tzone (mostly nose and sides of nose). I have tried this in the shade B50 and BD50 which probably is a touch too dark as it tends to darken a little as time goes on. The texture of this is very strange. It feels very thick and almost like paint or spackle. Very 'dense' almost like a mousse. It applies well with a BB or a brush. It feels very heavy on my skin, and you can definitely feel this foundation on your skin and my skin felt dryer as the day went on. It felt tacky as well like it never fully dried down and looked a little too shiny in pictures. The scent is also very strong and doesn't really dissipate. It is too $$$ for what it is and the cons of the smell, feeling it on the skin, the finish not being great doesn't make it worth the money.

This didn't do anything special for my combination, older (46 yrs) skin. I'm an nc15 and the closest match was BR20 which I thought was still off. I was surprised it wasn't full coverage given the longwearing claim. Armani lasting silk is similar regarding alcohol but delivers a nicer finish.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This foundation has a beautiful finish with a medium coverage, but does not last "all hours" as it claims on my combo oily skin. It wears like a hydrating bb cream, and my blush and hightlighter are gone within a couple hours. Therefore, I cant reccomend it to anyone needing it to last, but I can recommend it for the finish and feel. This would work on dry skin. Im glad I just got a sample.

I have a tendency to ramble in my reviews but I will be short and to the point with this one...if your looking for a med to full cov foundation that will sit nicely on the skin and will NOT budge for at least 8 hours without setting spray and retouching then look no farther...this is a very nice foundation with a nice light sent (that notorious YSL sent) with nice packaging.
The o my thing I have found after a couple of months use is that you have to work quickly as this stuff sets fast! And I'm my personal opp I would def go with a beauty blender or damp sponge over a brush with this one...all around its a good foundation that will work for any skin except really dry skin...I feel that if you have dry skin this will look patchy...it is an oily girls foundation for sure! Get a sample and try it for yourself...it can't hurt to try!

Video Reviews & Tutorials