Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got a sample of this to try. They gave me B20 which is a bit too light and the undertone is not warm enough. My go to is Chanel perfection lumiere velvet in B20, I’m about NC20. The texture of this foundation is a bit like paint - like applying physical sunscreen, it doesn’t want to blend with my skin, it sits on top. The coverage is medium and can be built up. The longevity is okay, I wore about 10 hours. My skin has become drier though as I age. I don’t know how this will fare with oily skin girls. I won’t buy this foundation because of how the texture sits on my skin and how it feels on my skin (light yet you can feel that you’re wearing one). For the price, this is not worth it for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE 10/04/2018: I will not repurchase this foundation even though I love the way it looks on my skin. I live in 9 months of summer and I am tired of this fussing formula. I have to blot all the time since I am oily. When I blot my foundation comes off and by the end of the day, way do I spend this kind of money when I end up with no foundation. If you live in cooler temperatures this might be your holy grail. If you have dry skin, this might be your holy grail.

ORIGINAL: I thought this was going to be my holy grail foundation after 20 years of wearing Estee Lauder Double wear. It is not, but I am now on my second bottle. Let me tell you why I repurchased:

1. Does not settle into pores
2. Does not settle into fine lines and wrinkles
3. Able to find a color match perfectly even after oxidation.
4. Makes skin look flawless and youthful
5. Full coverage if using a brush
6. Light weight on the skin

Cons:
1. Is not 24 hour wear foundation. Barely 4 hours, I am oily
2. Transfers to everything even with setting powder.
3. Does not control oil even with mattifying primer and setting powder
4. Expensive and not even 1 oz.

This has a very light scent that is very fresh and does not irritate my skin. This does not settle into my pores and/or wrinkles even without a primer. I used wet sponge first and this just got soaked into the sponge. For the price of this foundation, I recommend using a brush. I also get better coverage using the brush, almost full coverage without looking heavy.

I am oily, so I struggled to find a primer to control the oil and not have foundation shiny midday. Dr Brandt pores no more has been the best to keep me matte, but oils still break through.

I am color Bd40 which has nice yellow undertone. This does oxidize 1/2 shade darker. Make sure to shake the bottle before applying.

I have tried match YSL primer, that helps with pores, but not for keeping me matte.

I get so many compliments on my skin when I wear this foundation. It looks great for the first 4 hours and then the oils really start to come through. I live in Texas and this is mostly testing in summer where humidity is 60% and higher with temperatures way over 95, multiple days over 101.

I will keep this for winter. I recently discovered Smashbox foundation and mixing these together for summer use has prolonged the wear.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

In the quest for a full coverage and long-lasting foundation, I tried this one. Sadly, it didn't live up to my expectations. The coverage was nowhere to be "full" as its huge claim, even when i built it up continuously to conceal my dark spots. It's buildable, but the coverage you get is still light to medium.
Another problem with this foundation was the way it sat on my skin throughout the day. The longevity was fine, you get 5-8 hours of makeup with it, with RCMA powder or Laura Mercier setting one on and all that (otherwise, it got worse, believe me). Definitely not impressive at all, especially with "all hours" claim. But it just sat on my skin, it didn't sink into my skin; and as the day went on, it started to turn funny. After about 4-5 hours, my skin felt drier and drier, the foundation became more greasy and dull and separate from my skin. Everytime i wore it, i had to wipe it off because it just looked so bad LOL.
Then I read the ingredient list and I wasn't happy at all that alcohol denat was the third in this formula. I strongly do not recommend this one on textured/dehydrated skin, like me. By the way, this foundation is nothing but below-average one and certainly not worth your precious dollars on it.
now, i'm crying.

This is a life saver for me. I live in sunny & very humid Asia. Im a mac nc30 and using BD40 which matches my skintone perfectly.

It doesnt cake or gets patchy after 8 hours of wear in 32 degree celcius! I tried half my face Estee Lauder longwear & this. Both stayed but EL got cakey toward e end of the day.

I do use it with the latest ysl instant moisture glow as a primer. This combo makes my face luminous and very natural. Its more for a everyday look.

I wont be looking at other brands. Seriously!

The YSL counter manager at Bloomingdales insisted that I try All Hours, saying it was superior to anything else on the market. She kindly matched me and made a sample for me, even though I told her I never had much luck with YSL foundation.

About my skin: Late 30s, with some hyperpigmentation, large pores around the nose, and oily t-zone, and dry cheeks, slightly sensitive and prone to eczema.

I was matched to BD40, which is slightly darker than I usually wear in YSL (am a BD25 in the Teint Eclat), so I suspect that All Hours runs a tad lighter. The scent is the typical cucumber-melon-floral that YSL likes to use. It does fade away after application, but do beware if you are sensitive to scents.

The texture is very light and runny. Compared to EL Double Wear, it is definitely more watery feeling. The finish is a demi-matte/satin. I did not powder on top, and felt it had a pretty skin-like finish.

However, unfortunately, this sank into every single pore on my nose. And I also got crazy oil breakthrough in the t-zone. So sad.

I would say give this a shot if you don’t have big pores or have an effective pore filler you can use, and also if your skin is a bit on the drier side. Unfortunately for me, this will not be a full-size purchase, and I will stick to my Armani and Dior for high-end.

i made a review on this foundation https://beautyworkers.wordpress.com/2017/10/06/ftt-ysl-all-hours-foundation/

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

I tried out the YSL All Hours Foundation for a First Impression on my youtube channel last week (see video below). I've had high expectations for this foundation, as all I've heard on youtube is people raving about it, saying how much they loved it, (also, Casey Holmes has super oily skin and she tried this out, and loved it) so I thought I'd give it a go. Anything which says matte, I instantly know that I have to try it.

My skin type: very oily t-zone with combination skin, blemishes, redness, sensitive, acne prone with large pores.

The mains claims which this foundation advertises are; Matte, Flawless, Even finish; Full coverage; Stays put for up to 24 hours; Waterproof and Transfer Resistant; Helps to reduce the appearance of pores; Skin look Fresh and Smooth.

As this foundation states that it has 24 HOUR WEAR!, I decided that I'd test it out for as long as I could, and wanted to make sure that I kept it on my skin for at least 8 hours - as this is a usual work day, and some of you would probably want to see how it holds up for the average work day.

I have tested out a foundation a couple of months ago, which also claimed to have 24 hour wear - Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup - and found it to be pretty crap. It didn't hold up very well on my oils, and I wasn't overall impressed with it.
I felt this foundation would be better, as it's a matte formula, so had very high hopes, but wouldn't be as shocked if it didn't work out for me.

After testing out this foundation for a few more times, here are the Pros and Cons.

Pros:
- Dried to a Matte Finish.
- Didn't make me oily at all - even after 10 hours, and my forehead usual gets shiny after 5 hours with other foundations.
- The packaging is stunning, and they also included a pump. *BIG Thumbs Up for the pump*
- Gave me a flawless look to my skin.
- Formula was almost the same as my EL Double Wear Original (my holy grail foundation).
- Medium to Full Coverage.
- Very buildable. I could build up this foundation, and it didn't look cakey or patchy at all.
- Available in a wide range of shades, in Cool, Neutral, and Warm Undertone. Shades for very light to very dark skin colours.
- No smell/fragrance.
- Contains SPF20, which is perfect for the spring and summertime.
- My pores and laughter lines were very reduced.
- Didn't break me out, and was great on my sensitive skin!

Cons:
- Only 25ml, which is smaller than the usual foundation weight.
- Very pricey for the amount of product. £33.50 or $58.
- Doesn't fully cover up redness.
- Became patchy on one side of my face (on my cheeks) during the day.
- Transferred easily.
- Oxidised A LOT! Make sure the buy a shade lighter, or wait a minute for it to dry before you purchase the shade.

Overall, I love how to foundation looks on my skin. It makes my skin appear flawless, and covers up blemishes very well. You don't need too much of the foundation, however you do need more than the Marc Jacobs Remarcable Foundation, which contains slightly less than the YSL.
The foundation hasn't broken my skin out, and I haven't been irritated from it.
It does come off on one side of my face when I'm at work - maybe it could be transferring as part of my job is working on phones.
This foundation is beaufil on the skin, and it controls my oils throughout the WHOLE DAY! I love the appearance of my skin when using it, however I'm unsure if I would repurchase, as I do need to apply more foundation after work due to transferring. Saying this, the foundation builds up very well, but I'd need to see if I have any other foundations (other than EL DW) which hold up better for work.

Check out my video below!!!

Subscribe to my youtube channel: Search 'Chloe Luckin'
Subscribe to my Vlog channel: Search 'Chloe Luckin Vlogs'
Check out my blog: https://www.chloeluckin.blogspot.com

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using MAC Pro Longwear (NW20) for several years now, but like many of us, I'm always searching for another good option. I bought this in BR20 (Cool Ivory). At first I thought the color would be too light, but once it was applied, it looked great. I applied about two layers and used ELF HD setting powder. I tried this two days in a row. Day #1 I used my normal LM Hydrating Primer along with my moisturizer becaue most long wear foundations tend to dry me out. After just a few hours I could see my forehead shine showing through. By the end of my workday, the foundation had broken down big time. I used UD Slick powder to touch up at least four times during the day. Day #2 I skipped the LM Hydrating Primer thinking maybe it wouldn't break down so much. Not so. After just a few hours, I was touching it up again with my UD Slick. By the end of my workday, there is hardly any foundation on my chin, and my nose & forehead are splotchy from the product breaking down. Granted, my workday is long. I apply my make-up at 5:30am and get off work at 4pm. My MAC Pro Longwear *will* last through my whole work day with maybe one touchup mid-day. I really had high hopes for this, but I'll be returning it to Sephora. If it lasted at least half the day, I'd keep it for weekend wear and shorter days, but for $58 its going back.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. I bought this from Selfridge in the UK because I just couldn't wait until it launches in Australia. I was going to get BD40 but for unknown reason I picked B40 which is neutral undertone. It's actually not bad. It leans more on the yellow side than Nuetral side. I thought if it's good then I will purchase the right shade. It is now available in Australia. Despite this looking ashy upon application, after an hour or two it actually oxidises on the right shade for me. My friend got BD40 and I tried hers, it matches almost on my NC30-NC35 but then it oxidises orange on me. Reminds me a lot of the Maybelline Matte+Poreless to be honest with oxidising part on me anyway. My friend actually ended up buying the B40 instead because to be honest it is actually a better shade for some reason.

This is not Matte for me. There is nothing Matte or All Hours about it. I am very confused. However I actually like the satin finish a lot. This applies very nicely. I actually love the formula. Easy to work with, the finish is very nice. It's a solid medium on me, buildable without cakeing but very greasy feeling. Not full coverage in any way, shape or form even. This just makes my skin looks healthy, I don't find it to settle on my pores or fine lines or cling on dry patches or excentuates textures. It is very flattering. Brush or Sponge works nicely and it gives a very flattering finish. HOWEVER, I have to set this with powder everytime for a couple of reasons.

1. It does not dry down on me and I don't know why.
2. Because it doesn't last 3hrs on my combo skin if I don't.
3. It's Sticky/ Tacky and any blush, contour, bronzing powder I put on top is patchy and hard to blend. No issues if I set it with powder first.

This is not long lasting. I do love the finish but it breakdown pretty badly during the day. I have to spray a Mattifying Setting Spray (Gerard Cosmetics Slay All Day) before applying this foundation to help with longevity. This doesn't stand the test of time of 12hrs which is a normal wear time for me. So I'm not sure what is up with the 24hr claim.

This has a very strong scent. I'm not here for it because it broke me out. I'm not sure if it's the scent or the alcohol ingredient in it which is very disappointing. The scent have stayed on my brush and beauty blender even after cleaning them. When I use this, everything smells like this foundation ahahaha.

I'm a combo skin, with problematic medication flare up acnes and hyperpigmentation. This unfortunately goes down after 3-4hrs. It's a beautiful finish but I find myself blotting more than I would with other foundation that I have which are not even Matte. My honest score will be 2.5 but the scoring system won't let me so I have it a 3 and that is being very generous. It didn't hit the mark for me. If you are in a position to get a sample, do that first before committing in purchasing one. This foundation will suite me more on once a week basis most probably during the weekend when I just drive my kids around to their extra curricular activities or if you are just going to a lunch or dinner (3-4hrs) tops. I will still use it because I paid a lot of money for it and like I said the finish is beautiful but because of the scent, alcohol and longevity it is not worth repurchasing.

I have a tendency to ramble in my reviews but I will be short and to the point with this one...if your looking for a med to full cov foundation that will sit nicely on the skin and will NOT budge for at least 8 hours without setting spray and retouching then look no farther...this is a very nice foundation with a nice light sent (that notorious YSL sent) with nice packaging.
The o my thing I have found after a couple of months use is that you have to work quickly as this stuff sets fast! And I'm my personal opp I would def go with a beauty blender or damp sponge over a brush with this one...all around its a good foundation that will work for any skin except really dry skin...I feel that if you have dry skin this will look patchy...it is an oily girls foundation for sure! Get a sample and try it for yourself...it can't hurt to try!