Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

2.7

Meh. Not long lasting. Not matte. It`s just okay. I actually regret spending my money on this.For a few dollars more, or even a few dollars less I could`ve had one of my lovely Japanese foundations which I`ve been relying on through the years. Heard some You Tuber blabbing about how great this wore on her skin and (first and last time I will do this) decided to try a Western brand for once. Meh. Not worse the money.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This foundation is gorgeous and it didn't dry out my (dry) skin. However, when I realized that alcohol is the 3rd ingredient on the list, I couldn't endorse it anymore. I'm going to err on the side of caution when using any product with alcohol because of the research that shows it is terrible for skin even if it seems like your skin tolerates it well. It's possible I'm overreacting, but better safe than sorry.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is HG for me. Years of searching, so much money spent on nearly every new foundation I could try. Dior, Chanel, Lancome, Shiseido, Tom Ford, Revlon, you name it. SO, so happy I found this!

PROS
- BR10 is a perfect pale neutral for me. I'm extremely pale yellow and 99% of foundations are too dark, too pink or oxidize. This doesn't oxidize a bit on me
-Finish: beautiful, natural-looking satin finish that gets better throughout the day. It somehow controls oil on my t-zone without making my cheeks look dry
-Lasting: I put this on at 5am and it's there at 10 pm still. It looks so natural, I think it has faded until I wash my face and see the redness, melasma that was hiding!
-Wear: never settles into pores or lines for me, even on my nose.
-Application: smooth and easy with my fingers
-Coverage: because of the finish, it blurs my imperfections for very flattering, buildable coverage. It doesn't have the cakey, painty look of most full-coverage foundations and it builds nicely
-Sensitivity: one of the very few liquid foundations that has not broken me out. Most cause cheek cysts or overall zits. Shocking because it's long-lasting and has fragrance
-Transfer-resistant and waterproof
-Feel: no tightness!
-Pump bottle

My oily spots usually destroy long-wear/"24hr" foundation within 4 hours (cough Laura Mercier)

This makes my patchy, dull skin look naturally glowy and clear. When used the new Too Faced long-wear foundation, my spots were more noticeable and I looked older than this gem.

It goes to show that one person's dream product may not rate the highest. This is NOT a full matte foundation and is mis-marketed.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This foundation has a beautiful finish with a medium coverage, but does not last "all hours" as it claims on my combo oily skin. It wears like a hydrating bb cream, and my blush and hightlighter are gone within a couple hours. Therefore, I cant reccomend it to anyone needing it to last, but I can recommend it for the finish and feel. This would work on dry skin. Im glad I just got a sample.

This is a very good, very expensive foundation. But it is no better than its close competitors, therefore its high price isn't justified. And the color range is... bad. Here are my annoyances:

1. I am amazed that YSL didn't provide this at the industry-accepted size of one ounce. Instead, .84 oz. Total ripoff. For that reason alone, I give it a pass. Shame on you greedy pigs, YSL.

2. The color range is not great. I'm a fair, rosy blonde (read: brown). I need a color that downplays my redness, but isn't too light. Not to be found here.

I'm really mad about the price. Instead I'll go with Dior Forever--a superb product.

I have very red skin, finished acne treatment so I'm left with lots of scarring and discolouration and this foundation looked so natural yet covered everything. I tried it with the concealer and appeared to cake up where the concealer was applied but I think this was the concealer not the foundation. Although it's matte it left my skin looking radiant. It lasted all evening even in the wind and rain, didn't separate along my smile lines and nose (most prone place for my makeup sliding off) and feels sooooo light. Love it so much, My new favourite 😍😍

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I like to try new foundations that get rave reviews on YouTube and other places so I decided to give this one a try. The SA in Sephora matched me to BD20 which was OK - comparing to other foundations it was not the best color match or the worst but it was fine. I applied my usual moisturizer and primer before this foundation. When I applied it I noticed instantly my face felt very heavy even though I had not used a lot of product, also I really did not care for the scent. I wouldn't consider it "full coverage", I used a second layer to see if it would cover some small blemishes but it did not really cover them and I had to use concealer over it. Powder and other products went on ok over it. I noticed that it oxidized to an unattractive orange shade a few minutes after. It was at this point that I removed all my makeup because no matter how long it would have potentially lasted, I could not get past the original issues I had with it and will not be using it again.