Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Other

3.0

This is my HG foundation. So matte, flattering and natural looking without ever being cakey. I have very very oily skin and have been wearing foundation from the age of 14. Not once has any tinted moisturizer or foundation stayed on with the tenacity of this stuff! It lasts for hours and never settles into creases around my nose/eyes. I apply this with a very stiff synthetic kabuki brush, very similar to using an Artis brush. I recommend using a similar tool because you'll save on product and combined with the buffing action this looks flawless! It's the lightest weight yet full coverage foundation I've found and is very buildable. This is most definitely your skin but better.

The scent is to die for--lightly floral without ever being cloying and eventually dissipates.

The packaging is heavy and luxurious. It's more expensive but not much more than say Lancome Teint Idole for example. It goes on sale with Sephora's occasional sales if you want to stock up. One star off because yes, it's smaller than 1 fl oz.

I found the color for light/medium skin colors to match me very well (BD35 Warm Caramel). I use it with the Almond color YSL All Hours concealer and it's so incredibly flattering together. I'll be so sad if this ever gets discontinued, it's lovely!

I am about NC35, combo-dry skin which leans dryer in the winter but in the summer i get shiny in the Tzone (mostly nose and sides of nose). I have tried this in the shade B50 and BD50 which probably is a touch too dark as it tends to darken a little as time goes on. The texture of this is very strange. It feels very thick and almost like paint or spackle. Very 'dense' almost like a mousse. It applies well with a BB or a brush. It feels very heavy on my skin, and you can definitely feel this foundation on your skin and my skin felt dryer as the day went on. It felt tacky as well like it never fully dried down and looked a little too shiny in pictures. The scent is also very strong and doesn't really dissipate. It is too $$$ for what it is and the cons of the smell, feeling it on the skin, the finish not being great doesn't make it worth the money.

I am big fan of YSL but this foundation is definitely for oily skin. It empathize all my pores and dry patches when I tried the sample. I have combo skin but never was dry and I am very surprised. YSL Touch Eclate is definitely better than this one.

This didn't do anything special for my combination, older (46 yrs) skin. I'm an nc15 and the closest match was BR20 which I thought was still off. I was surprised it wasn't full coverage given the longwearing claim. Armani lasting silk is similar regarding alcohol but delivers a nicer finish.