Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

3.4

This is my HG foundation. So matte, flattering and natural looking without ever being cakey. I have very very oily skin and have been wearing foundation from the age of 14. Not once has any tinted moisturizer or foundation stayed on with the tenacity of this stuff! It lasts for hours and never settles into creases around my nose/eyes. I apply this with a very stiff synthetic kabuki brush, very similar to using an Artis brush. I recommend using a similar tool because you'll save on product and combined with the buffing action this looks flawless! It's the lightest weight yet full coverage foundation I've found and is very buildable. This is most definitely your skin but better.

The scent is to die for--lightly floral without ever being cloying and eventually dissipates.

The packaging is heavy and luxurious. It's more expensive but not much more than say Lancome Teint Idole for example. It goes on sale with Sephora's occasional sales if you want to stock up. One star off because yes, it's smaller than 1 fl oz.

I found the color for light/medium skin colors to match me very well (BD35 Warm Caramel). I use it with the Almond color YSL All Hours concealer and it's so incredibly flattering together. I'll be so sad if this ever gets discontinued, it's lovely!

All Hours is the first foundation from YSL which I have ever tried, and I am extremely impressed. Whilst I never wear foundation for 24 hours, I have worn this for around 10-12 hours each time I have worn it, and it always looks exceptional at the end of the day. It doesn’t fade, seperate or smudge throughout the day, it simply remains looking fresh. Some of my natural oils do appear, but not enough to justify re-powdering. I think it is great wear time! I find this foundation applies best with a damp beauty blender, and a little goes a long way. It is buildable, and definitely a medium-full coverage. It still never looks cakey or mask-like on the skin, it truly just makes your skin look like itself - just better. It is a matte finish, but is not drying. It doesn’t tend to crack or sink into lines or pores like other matte foundations can. I get a lot of compliments on my skin when wearing this foundation, it just looks so flawless and healthy. I love this foundation and would highly recommend it.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I’ve tried soooooo many foundations before All Hours, and I have to say this is my HG!! My skin looks absolutely flawless with this on. Lasts all day, makes my pores look undectable. I can’t say enough good things about this foundation. It’s on the expensive side, but one of those products worth splurging on. A MUST TRY!!

This is a life saver for me. I live in sunny & very humid Asia. Im a mac nc30 and using BD40 which matches my skintone perfectly.

It doesnt cake or gets patchy after 8 hours of wear in 32 degree celcius! I tried half my face Estee Lauder longwear & this. Both stayed but EL got cakey toward e end of the day.

I do use it with the latest ysl instant moisture glow as a primer. This combo makes my face luminous and very natural. Its more for a everyday look.

I wont be looking at other brands. Seriously!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is HG for me. Years of searching, so much money spent on nearly every new foundation I could try. Dior, Chanel, Lancome, Shiseido, Tom Ford, Revlon, you name it. SO, so happy I found this!

PROS
- BR10 is a perfect pale neutral for me. I'm extremely pale yellow and 99% of foundations are too dark, too pink or oxidize. This doesn't oxidize a bit on me
-Finish: beautiful, natural-looking satin finish that gets better throughout the day. It somehow controls oil on my t-zone without making my cheeks look dry
-Lasting: I put this on at 5am and it's there at 10 pm still. It looks so natural, I think it has faded until I wash my face and see the redness, melasma that was hiding!
-Wear: never settles into pores or lines for me, even on my nose.
-Application: smooth and easy with my fingers
-Coverage: because of the finish, it blurs my imperfections for very flattering, buildable coverage. It doesn't have the cakey, painty look of most full-coverage foundations and it builds nicely
-Sensitivity: one of the very few liquid foundations that has not broken me out. Most cause cheek cysts or overall zits. Shocking because it's long-lasting and has fragrance
-Transfer-resistant and waterproof
-Feel: no tightness!
-Pump bottle

My oily spots usually destroy long-wear/"24hr" foundation within 4 hours (cough Laura Mercier)

This makes my patchy, dull skin look naturally glowy and clear. When used the new Too Faced long-wear foundation, my spots were more noticeable and I looked older than this gem.

It goes to show that one person's dream product may not rate the highest. This is NOT a full matte foundation and is mis-marketed.
UPDATE: Still absolutely adoring this. For a while, I wondered if it was breaking me out. I persisted, since I love it so much. That says a lot- normally I would never look at a foundation again if it even threatened to break me out.
Happily, it was not All Hours and I've been using it for a few months without breakouts. I'd say approximately 90% of foundations cause issues for me.
SO low maintainance. Never transfers, never gets patchy on me, never shows a trace of product or settles into pores. I'm surprised others have had issues, since my skin usually eats the hardiest of products.
My dream!!

I have a tendency to ramble in my reviews but I will be short and to the point with this one...if your looking for a med to full cov foundation that will sit nicely on the skin and will NOT budge for at least 8 hours without setting spray and retouching then look no farther...this is a very nice foundation with a nice light sent (that notorious YSL sent) with nice packaging.
The o my thing I have found after a couple of months use is that you have to work quickly as this stuff sets fast! And I'm my personal opp I would def go with a beauty blender or damp sponge over a brush with this one...all around its a good foundation that will work for any skin except really dry skin...I feel that if you have dry skin this will look patchy...it is an oily girls foundation for sure! Get a sample and try it for yourself...it can't hurt to try!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and am NC37 skin tone and bought BD50 in this foundation. And to note I own a lot of foundation. Particularly high end. I have tried every foundation no exaggeration.
I find this applies best with a beauty blender. One pump is enough and I have to work fast. I can then go in and build up on areas if I have a break out.
This is not the prettiest foundation at first. It looks a bit blah and matte and nothing special at all. There is a scent also but very faint and is gone quick. Within two hours of wearing this, it looks amazing. I don't know if it's the warmth of the skin or what. It's just magic (sorry but it is!)
Blotted at the 5 hour mark and it's like new. Nothing has shifter or moved. Ten hours later and I would comfortably go out to dinner with this on after all day. I can't really say that about any I've tried. Comfortable consistent coverage that smoothes and makes my skin look good for the whole day. The only foundation that compares in wear time is the MAC studio fix fluid and the ELDW(which breaks me out). This is better in how it wears. It just makes me look radiant. I'm surprised at the bad reviews and I expected it to be awful and all the YouTube hype.

this new ysl foundation is hardly a value (20% less product than a standard foundation bottle from ysl or pretty much any other brand) but it's also my favorite foundation that i've ever tried.

my skin is a sheet of grease and i've never seen oil control like this. my forehead might still get a bit shiny by the end of the day but nothing like the oil slick i've always been accustomed to. i'm noticing some of the worst reviews here are from people with dry skin - this product isn't for you lol

the packaging is nice enough but i don't like that the bottle is opaque. feels luxe but isn't practical in terms of seeing how much product is left.

i apply two pumps, one at a time, with my fingers, and then i even out with a beauty blender (i HATE beauty blenders but they're a necessary evil).

any smudging onto clothes or elsewhere is no different than most foundations

coverage is ok but i also have a lot of scarring and remains of old blemishes. i do love the shade selection; i'm very fair but require a deeper tone to help with coverage.

get a sample or try in-store before your purchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

As a foundation this is about as basic as you get. A natural somewhat matte somewhat velvet finish, medium coverage that needs concealer that lasts for hours without letting (too much) oil seep through or breaking apart.

Is it worth the price? Absolutely not.

I wouldn't recommend this if you're looking for a foundation for problematic skin or if you want coverage at all. Especially if you're venturing into the world of luxury foundation DO NOT buy this. It will give you the wrong impression of what that is supposed to perform like. Go for Armani lsf if you want a medium coverage with a nice finish (beautiful finish acrually) go for the remarcable if full coverage super matte is what you want. I am going to go and say this was a disappointment mainly due to the price tag. No one shelling out that kind of money should have a product that performs like this. If this was 50 dollars that would make sense. But its a lot more than that and I'm kind of mad. Lol.
Save your money and buy the mufe hd if you love how this performs. I think they're pretty much identical.

Look, before I even start the review: I am 28 years old, barely have any fine lines, have very minimal texture on my skin, and my pores aren't the kind that need a pore-filling primer. My skin type is combination to dry. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that my review may not be helpful if you struggle with any of the problems I don't struggle with (yet).

Things I do struggle with: mild pigmentation around the mouth area, some dry patches around my chin from using Retin-A, a couple of dark scars from spots I had a couple of months ago.

Now the review: I LOVED this foundation. Loved, loved, loved it. I got matched BD 35, which is a pretty good shade for my light olive skintone. If I'm nitpicking, I'd say it pulls slightly yellow on me, but it's really not obvious. Also, I'm not a full-coverage kinda gal but I still loved this foundation because once it goes on top of my skincare, it doesn't exactly sheer out really, but it does still look like skin. Another thing I really liked about it was that it fades away really prettily: when my skin becomes slightly oilier as the day goes on, the foundation doesn't cake or break on my face, but mixes in with my natural oils to become a bit more dewy instead. I prefer a dewy finish, so that's a win-win. It doesn't cake or crease, doesn't budge, other products sit on top of it beautifully, and builds up on itself very nicely.

However, I gave this four lipsticks because I do think that people with dry skin would hate this foundation. The dry patches on my chin I wrote about earlier? Yeah, this emphasises those a fair bit. So, to sort of remedy that because I really do love this on the rest on my face, I mixed it in with a bit of Luminous Silk by Giorgio Armani and that really helped matters. Didn't fix it, but helped.

Last few details: I use one pump for my entire face and it covered everything for me. Feels very comfortable on the skin. Didn't feel or look like a mask. Went on best with my fingers in downwards strokes, but goes on well with a beauty blender too. Covers mild pigmentation beautifully. I am absolutely sold on this product and I will absolutely buy it again when I run out.