Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

3.2

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

In the quest for a full coverage and long-lasting foundation, I tried this one. Sadly, it didn't live up to my expectations. The coverage was nowhere to be "full" as its huge claim, even when i built it up continuously to conceal my dark spots. It's buildable, but the coverage you get is still light to medium.
Another problem with this foundation was the way it sat on my skin throughout the day. The longevity was fine, you get 5-8 hours of makeup with it, with RCMA powder or Laura Mercier setting one on and all that (otherwise, it got worse, believe me). Definitely not impressive at all, especially with "all hours" claim. But it just sat on my skin, it didn't sink into my skin; and as the day went on, it started to turn funny. After about 4-5 hours, my skin felt drier and drier, the foundation became more greasy and dull and separate from my skin. Everytime i wore it, i had to wipe it off because it just looked so bad LOL.
Then I read the ingredient list and I wasn't happy at all that alcohol denat was the third in this formula. I strongly do not recommend this one on textured/dehydrated skin, like me. By the way, this foundation is nothing but below-average one and certainly not worth your precious dollars on it.
now, i'm crying.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This foundation is gorgeous and it didn't dry out my (dry) skin. However, when I realized that alcohol is the 3rd ingredient on the list, I couldn't endorse it anymore. I'm going to err on the side of caution when using any product with alcohol because of the research that shows it is terrible for skin even if it seems like your skin tolerates it well. It's possible I'm overreacting, but better safe than sorry.

This is a very good, very expensive foundation. But it is no better than its close competitors, therefore its high price isn't justified. And the color range is... bad. Here are my annoyances:

1. I am amazed that YSL didn't provide this at the industry-accepted size of one ounce. Instead, .84 oz. Total ripoff. For that reason alone, I give it a pass. Shame on you greedy pigs, YSL.

2. The color range is not great. I'm a fair, rosy blonde (read: brown). I need a color that downplays my redness, but isn't too light. Not to be found here.

I'm really mad about the price. Instead I'll go with Dior Forever--a superb product.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I like to try new foundations that get rave reviews on YouTube and other places so I decided to give this one a try. The SA in Sephora matched me to BD20 which was OK - comparing to other foundations it was not the best color match or the worst but it was fine. I applied my usual moisturizer and primer before this foundation. When I applied it I noticed instantly my face felt very heavy even though I had not used a lot of product, also I really did not care for the scent. I wouldn't consider it "full coverage", I used a second layer to see if it would cover some small blemishes but it did not really cover them and I had to use concealer over it. Powder and other products went on ok over it. I noticed that it oxidized to an unattractive orange shade a few minutes after. It was at this point that I removed all my makeup because no matter how long it would have potentially lasted, I could not get past the original issues I had with it and will not be using it again.

I am about NC35, combo-dry skin which leans dryer in the winter but in the summer i get shiny in the Tzone (mostly nose and sides of nose). I have tried this in the shade B50 and BD50 which probably is a touch too dark as it tends to darken a little as time goes on. The texture of this is very strange. It feels very thick and almost like paint or spackle. Very 'dense' almost like a mousse. It applies well with a BB or a brush. It feels very heavy on my skin, and you can definitely feel this foundation on your skin and my skin felt dryer as the day went on. It felt tacky as well like it never fully dried down and looked a little too shiny in pictures. The scent is also very strong and doesn't really dissipate. It is too $$$ for what it is and the cons of the smell, feeling it on the skin, the finish not being great doesn't make it worth the money.

I am big fan of YSL but this foundation is definitely for oily skin. It empathize all my pores and dry patches when I tried the sample. I have combo skin but never was dry and I am very surprised. YSL Touch Eclate is definitely better than this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using MAC Pro Longwear (NW20) for several years now, but like many of us, I'm always searching for another good option. I bought this in BR20 (Cool Ivory). At first I thought the color would be too light, but once it was applied, it looked great. I applied about two layers and used ELF HD setting powder. I tried this two days in a row. Day #1 I used my normal LM Hydrating Primer along with my moisturizer becaue most long wear foundations tend to dry me out. After just a few hours I could see my forehead shine showing through. By the end of my workday, the foundation had broken down big time. I used UD Slick powder to touch up at least four times during the day. Day #2 I skipped the LM Hydrating Primer thinking maybe it wouldn't break down so much. Not so. After just a few hours, I was touching it up again with my UD Slick. By the end of my workday, there is hardly any foundation on my chin, and my nose & forehead are splotchy from the product breaking down. Granted, my workday is long. I apply my make-up at 5:30am and get off work at 4pm. My MAC Pro Longwear *will* last through my whole work day with maybe one touchup mid-day. I really had high hopes for this, but I'll be returning it to Sephora. If it lasted at least half the day, I'd keep it for weekend wear and shorter days, but for $58 its going back.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I will not purchase

I really wish I loved this foundation, but I've actually come to hate it after trying it for a couple of weeks. The best thing about it is the packaging. The bottle is pretty and comes with a nice pump. That's where the good ends for me.

The consistency isn't bad (not too thick or thin), but for some strange reason it felt like a wet mask on my face even with powder. Coverage is medium. It also turned a shade darker and a bit orange not too long after application. There was no glow or a nice evenness to my complexion. It just looked flat and weird. It lasted the whole day for the most part, but I almost wish it didn't so I could just stop looking at how weird it made my skin look.

I'm disappointed. For a price point like this, it should be an awesome foundation. If you're looking for a long-wearing foundation, Double Wear is way better: it's less expensive, lasts, and doesn't oxidize.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This did not look flattering on my N/D rosacea skin. I was matched to BD20 which was an ok match. It started too light but oxidized to the right color for my NC 20 coloring.

The texture initially felt light but was medium to full coverage and it looked obvious on my skin. It did not look skin-like. Hours later, it was still on in full force and it held up very well. I just had some slight oily breakthrough on my chin. And after 5hours, I could feel it on my skin. I could tell I was wearing a cover of foundation and it wasn't like a hydrating veil but it felt slightly foundation-y and clay-like. It did nothing good for my face's texture: no blurring of pores or wrinkles.

It's also very fragranced and has a high alcohol content so I found this drying after all day wear. Next day my face was flaky.

I am probably not the skin type geared for this foundation. This is probably more for combination or oily types or it's more for summer wear.