Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by age: 56 & Over

2.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This did not look flattering on my N/D rosacea skin. I was matched to BD20 which was an ok match. It started too light but oxidized to the right color for my NC 20 coloring.

The texture initially felt light but was medium to full coverage and it looked obvious on my skin. It did not look skin-like. Hours later, it was still on in full force and it held up very well. I just had some slight oily breakthrough on my chin. And after 5hours, I could feel it on my skin. I could tell I was wearing a cover of foundation and it wasn't like a hydrating veil but it felt slightly foundation-y and clay-like. It did nothing good for my face's texture: no blurring of pores or wrinkles.

It's also very fragranced and has a high alcohol content so I found this drying after all day wear. Next day my face was flaky.

I am probably not the skin type geared for this foundation. This is probably more for combination or oily types or it's more for summer wear.

This is a very good, very expensive foundation. But it is no better than its close competitors, therefore its high price isn't justified. And the color range is... bad. Here are my annoyances:

1. I am amazed that YSL didn't provide this at the industry-accepted size of one ounce. Instead, .84 oz. Total ripoff. For that reason alone, I give it a pass. Shame on you greedy pigs, YSL.

2. The color range is not great. I'm a fair, rosy blonde (read: brown). I need a color that downplays my redness, but isn't too light. Not to be found here.

I'm really mad about the price. Instead I'll go with Dior Forever--a superb product.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation has generated alot of reviews on You Tube. I did get a sample because is is expensive at $58.00 and the bottle is less than an oz, making the cost $69.00 per oz, YIKES!! This is another full coverage, matte foundation, and it was just "OK". I found it took alot of time to blend and too much blending tended to wipe it away. I uses an Artis brush and had to apply a little more to my cheeks using a beauty blender. It took some time to set to a matte finish. I did not think it was full coverage on the first pass, but it can be built up to a full coverage with 2 applications. The interesting thing for me was finding the right shade. It comes in 22 shades, and they are well described, with cool, warm and neutral. I used the shade Sand. It has alot of alcohol, which is the 3rd ingredient. It also has "probiotics" which to me is a marketing gimmick. I used HG Mineral Veil primer. I thought that it lasted about 10 hours, which is plenty long enough for me. I did set it with Laura Mercier translucent powder. I would probably not purchase it because it was not a standout for me in terms of foundations, and it was ridiculously expensive, even for this makeup diva!