Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by age: 44-55

2.3

This didn't do anything special for my combination, older (46 yrs) skin. I'm an nc15 and the closest match was BR20 which I thought was still off. I was surprised it wasn't full coverage given the longwearing claim. Armani lasting silk is similar regarding alcohol but delivers a nicer finish.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This foundation is gorgeous and it didn't dry out my (dry) skin. However, when I realized that alcohol is the 3rd ingredient on the list, I couldn't endorse it anymore. I'm going to err on the side of caution when using any product with alcohol because of the research that shows it is terrible for skin even if it seems like your skin tolerates it well. It's possible I'm overreacting, but better safe than sorry.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using MAC Pro Longwear (NW20) for several years now, but like many of us, I'm always searching for another good option. I bought this in BR20 (Cool Ivory). At first I thought the color would be too light, but once it was applied, it looked great. I applied about two layers and used ELF HD setting powder. I tried this two days in a row. Day #1 I used my normal LM Hydrating Primer along with my moisturizer becaue most long wear foundations tend to dry me out. After just a few hours I could see my forehead shine showing through. By the end of my workday, the foundation had broken down big time. I used UD Slick powder to touch up at least four times during the day. Day #2 I skipped the LM Hydrating Primer thinking maybe it wouldn't break down so much. Not so. After just a few hours, I was touching it up again with my UD Slick. By the end of my workday, there is hardly any foundation on my chin, and my nose & forehead are splotchy from the product breaking down. Granted, my workday is long. I apply my make-up at 5:30am and get off work at 4pm. My MAC Pro Longwear *will* last through my whole work day with maybe one touchup mid-day. I really had high hopes for this, but I'll be returning it to Sephora. If it lasted at least half the day, I'd keep it for weekend wear and shorter days, but for $58 its going back.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation. It gives me the perfect airbrushed looking skin for hours without caking, creasing or grabs onto my flakes!
The texture is lovely and glides on the skin beautifully and spreads out evenly and has medium coverage but because of it's lovely texture, I am certain it will layer beautifully n places that require fuller coverage. I didn't need a separate under eye concealer but set it with powder then finshed with UD All nighter.

I looked flawless all day and all night long!! I am around NC25ish atm and wore BD35.

The only downside was the shade range.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I like to try new foundations that get rave reviews on YouTube and other places so I decided to give this one a try. The SA in Sephora matched me to BD20 which was OK - comparing to other foundations it was not the best color match or the worst but it was fine. I applied my usual moisturizer and primer before this foundation. When I applied it I noticed instantly my face felt very heavy even though I had not used a lot of product, also I really did not care for the scent. I wouldn't consider it "full coverage", I used a second layer to see if it would cover some small blemishes but it did not really cover them and I had to use concealer over it. Powder and other products went on ok over it. I noticed that it oxidized to an unattractive orange shade a few minutes after. It was at this point that I removed all my makeup because no matter how long it would have potentially lasted, I could not get past the original issues I had with it and will not be using it again.

After all of the You Tube hype, I purchased this foundation. It's expensive, but I don't use foundation everyday and my go-to foundation is Ginvenchy and also expensive so why not? I have mature, clear, relatively unlined fair skin. No skin issues. Not many fine lines, no big pores. Used to be very oily when I was younger and now I'm "normal" in the t-zone and slightly dryer on the perimeter.

First day I applied this on my clean skin with a foundation brush, no primer and it immediately gave me dots in my pores in the t-zone. Keep in mind, I don't have big honking pores. There they were!

Next day I made sure to really really moisturize before applying it. Went on better but still didn't do my skin any favors.

Today, I moisturized and used a silicone primer (which I think this foundation needs if you have mature skin or are the least bit dry.) It went on much better. I'm still not impressed. No matter what I do it still seems to sit weirdly on my skin, even though I'm not DRY dry in any areas of my face and I live in a humid environment, which generally --eventually-- forces any foundation to meld with the skin. At this price, I'll be returning this.

I always try to think of who would like this, and I think it is a good foundation in terms of feel on the skin and color range. If you have younger and/or oily skin I think this foundation would probably work great for you. I did like the amount of coverage which I thought was medium-full and it blended very easily with no oxidation. Lasted pretty well during the day, nothing amazing.