Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 30-35

4.2

this new ysl foundation is hardly a value (20% less product than a standard foundation bottle from ysl or pretty much any other brand) but it's also my favorite foundation that i've ever tried.

my skin is a sheet of grease and i've never seen oil control like this. my forehead might still get a bit shiny by the end of the day but nothing like the oil slick i've always been accustomed to. i'm noticing some of the worst reviews here are from people with dry skin - this product isn't for you lol

the packaging is nice enough but i don't like that the bottle is opaque. feels luxe but isn't practical in terms of seeing how much product is left.

i apply two pumps, one at a time, with my fingers, and then i even out with a beauty blender (i HATE beauty blenders but they're a necessary evil).

any smudging onto clothes or elsewhere is no different than most foundations

coverage is ok but i also have a lot of scarring and remains of old blemishes. i do love the shade selection; i'm very fair but require a deeper tone to help with coverage.

get a sample or try in-store before your purchase

This is a life saver for me. I live in sunny & very humid Asia. Im a mac nc30 and using BD40 which matches my skintone perfectly.

It doesnt cake or gets patchy after 8 hours of wear in 32 degree celcius! I tried half my face Estee Lauder longwear & this. Both stayed but EL got cakey toward e end of the day.

I do use it with the latest ysl instant moisture glow as a primer. This combo makes my face luminous and very natural. Its more for a everyday look.

I wont be looking at other brands. Seriously!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a long lasting good full coverage foundation. It's worthy of the price tag it's premium high end and definitely a luxury brand for a reason. Great formula not heavy, gives those with oily skin like mine a nice matte finish but not drying. Recommend it even for those with normal skin as it's not as heavy as many other brands out there. 8/10. Only down side is the cucumber type scent. Also note their shades tend to be yellow tone based.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a sample of this before paying the big bucks. Glad I did. I have acne prone, textured, combo skin. I applied my Milk primer and then applied this foundation. It started out really nice. Nothing like blow my mind but nice. It didn't feel heavy on my skin. It settled a little more into my pores and lines than other matte foundations. I've been using the Covergirl BB Matte and love that one . As the day went on with the YSL foundation my skin got more and more oily. Like greasy gross. My Covergirl Matte BB foundation keeps me less shiny than this foundation. So does the Este Lauder Double Wear. I recommend those 2 over this.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and am NC37 skin tone and bought BD50 in this foundation. And to note I own a lot of foundation. Particularly high end. I have tried every foundation no exaggeration.
I find this applies best with a beauty blender. One pump is enough and I have to work fast. I can then go in and build up on areas if I have a break out.
This is not the prettiest foundation at first. It looks a bit blah and matte and nothing special at all. There is a scent also but very faint and is gone quick. Within two hours of wearing this, it looks amazing. I don't know if it's the warmth of the skin or what. It's just magic (sorry but it is!)
Blotted at the 5 hour mark and it's like new. Nothing has shifter or moved. Ten hours later and I would comfortably go out to dinner with this on after all day. I can't really say that about any I've tried. Comfortable consistent coverage that smoothes and makes my skin look good for the whole day. The only foundation that compares in wear time is the MAC studio fix fluid and the ELDW(which breaks me out). This is better in how it wears. It just makes me look radiant. I'm surprised at the bad reviews and I expected it to be awful and all the YouTube hype.