Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.6

I am big fan of YSL but this foundation is definitely for oily skin. It empathize all my pores and dry patches when I tried the sample. I have combo skin but never was dry and I am very surprised. YSL Touch Eclate is definitely better than this one.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This foundation has a beautiful finish with a medium coverage, but does not last "all hours" as it claims on my combo oily skin. It wears like a hydrating bb cream, and my blush and hightlighter are gone within a couple hours. Therefore, I cant reccomend it to anyone needing it to last, but I can recommend it for the finish and feel. This would work on dry skin. Im glad I just got a sample.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a sample of this before paying the big bucks. Glad I did. I have acne prone, textured, combo skin. I applied my Milk primer and then applied this foundation. It started out really nice. Nothing like blow my mind but nice. It didn't feel heavy on my skin. It settled a little more into my pores and lines than other matte foundations. I've been using the Covergirl BB Matte and love that one . As the day went on with the YSL foundation my skin got more and more oily. Like greasy gross. My Covergirl Matte BB foundation keeps me less shiny than this foundation. So does the Este Lauder Double Wear. I recommend those 2 over this.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and am NC37 skin tone and bought BD50 in this foundation. And to note I own a lot of foundation. Particularly high end. I have tried every foundation no exaggeration.
I find this applies best with a beauty blender. One pump is enough and I have to work fast. I can then go in and build up on areas if I have a break out.
This is not the prettiest foundation at first. It looks a bit blah and matte and nothing special at all. There is a scent also but very faint and is gone quick. Within two hours of wearing this, it looks amazing. I don't know if it's the warmth of the skin or what. It's just magic (sorry but it is!)
Blotted at the 5 hour mark and it's like new. Nothing has shifter or moved. Ten hours later and I would comfortably go out to dinner with this on after all day. I can't really say that about any I've tried. Comfortable consistent coverage that smoothes and makes my skin look good for the whole day. The only foundation that compares in wear time is the MAC studio fix fluid and the ELDW(which breaks me out). This is better in how it wears. It just makes me look radiant. I'm surprised at the bad reviews and I expected it to be awful and all the YouTube hype.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this foundation. It's thin in texture but the coverage is med-full. The colour range, if you are in the fair-med range is very good. I wear Warm Ivory BD20 and am about NC15.

It is very expensive but it's YSL so it's expected. I love how it smells like watermelon.

Definitely get a sample from Sephora and try this out before buying. I have dry-normal skin and I don't feel like it sits funny or that the matte finish irritates my skin at all.

With the Laura Mercier translucent powder overtop to set this is a perfect foundation.

Edit - I noticed that this did oxidize on me and made me have quite the yellow head, I wish there was a lighter yellow shade available, BD10 anyone? I thus lowered my original score of this, since it did not work so well for me personally, even though I love the foundation itself, just not for me.

This foundation reminds me of a nicer more luxe version of the Urban Decay All Nighter that everyone loved last summer and no one talks about anymore, it was also matte and full coverage, yet thin in texture. I went back to using that instead and love it all over, and the shade 1 suits me much better.