Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by age: 25-29

3.3

Look, before I even start the review: I am 28 years old, barely have any fine lines, have very minimal texture on my skin, and my pores aren't the kind that need a pore-filling primer. My skin type is combination to dry. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that my review may not be helpful if you struggle with any of the problems I don't struggle with (yet).

Things I do struggle with: mild pigmentation around the mouth area, some dry patches around my chin from using Retin-A, a couple of dark scars from spots I had a couple of months ago.

Now the review: I LOVED this foundation. Loved, loved, loved it. I got matched BD 35, which is a pretty good shade for my light olive skintone. If I'm nitpicking, I'd say it pulls slightly yellow on me, but it's really not obvious. Also, I'm not a full-coverage kinda gal but I still loved this foundation because once it goes on top of my skincare, it doesn't exactly sheer out really, but it does still look like skin. Another thing I really liked about it was that it fades away really prettily: when my skin becomes slightly oilier as the day goes on, the foundation doesn't cake or break on my face, but mixes in with my natural oils to become a bit more dewy instead. I prefer a dewy finish, so that's a win-win. It doesn't cake or crease, doesn't budge, other products sit on top of it beautifully, and builds up on itself very nicely.

However, I gave this four lipsticks because I do think that people with dry skin would hate this foundation. The dry patches on my chin I wrote about earlier? Yeah, this emphasises those a fair bit. So, to sort of remedy that because I really do love this on the rest on my face, I mixed it in with a bit of Luminous Silk by Giorgio Armani and that really helped matters. Didn't fix it, but helped.

Last few details: I use one pump for my entire face and it covered everything for me. Feels very comfortable on the skin. Didn't feel or look like a mask. Went on best with my fingers in downwards strokes, but goes on well with a beauty blender too. Covers mild pigmentation beautifully. I am absolutely sold on this product and I will absolutely buy it again when I run out.

i made a review on this foundation https://beautyworkers.wordpress.com/2017/10/06/ftt-ysl-all-hours-foundation/

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool