Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.7

All Hours is the first foundation from YSL which I have ever tried, and I am extremely impressed. Whilst I never wear foundation for 24 hours, I have worn this for around 10-12 hours each time I have worn it, and it always looks exceptional at the end of the day. It doesn’t fade, seperate or smudge throughout the day, it simply remains looking fresh. Some of my natural oils do appear, but not enough to justify re-powdering. I think it is great wear time! I find this foundation applies best with a damp beauty blender, and a little goes a long way. It is buildable, and definitely a medium-full coverage. It still never looks cakey or mask-like on the skin, it truly just makes your skin look like itself - just better. It is a matte finish, but is not drying. It doesn’t tend to crack or sink into lines or pores like other matte foundations can. I get a lot of compliments on my skin when wearing this foundation, it just looks so flawless and healthy. I love this foundation and would highly recommend it.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

In the quest for a full coverage and long-lasting foundation, I tried this one. Sadly, it didn't live up to my expectations. The coverage was nowhere to be "full" as its huge claim, even when i built it up continuously to conceal my dark spots. It's buildable, but the coverage you get is still light to medium.
Another problem with this foundation was the way it sat on my skin throughout the day. The longevity was fine, you get 5-8 hours of makeup with it, with RCMA powder or Laura Mercier setting one on and all that (otherwise, it got worse, believe me). Definitely not impressive at all, especially with "all hours" claim. But it just sat on my skin, it didn't sink into my skin; and as the day went on, it started to turn funny. After about 4-5 hours, my skin felt drier and drier, the foundation became more greasy and dull and separate from my skin. Everytime i wore it, i had to wipe it off because it just looked so bad LOL.
Then I read the ingredient list and I wasn't happy at all that alcohol denat was the third in this formula. I strongly do not recommend this one on textured/dehydrated skin, like me. By the way, this foundation is nothing but below-average one and certainly not worth your precious dollars on it.
now, i'm crying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

As a foundation this is about as basic as you get. A natural somewhat matte somewhat velvet finish, medium coverage that needs concealer that lasts for hours without letting (too much) oil seep through or breaking apart.

Is it worth the price? Absolutely not.

I wouldn't recommend this if you're looking for a foundation for problematic skin or if you want coverage at all. Especially if you're venturing into the world of luxury foundation DO NOT buy this. It will give you the wrong impression of what that is supposed to perform like. Go for Armani lsf if you want a medium coverage with a nice finish (beautiful finish acrually) go for the remarcable if full coverage super matte is what you want. I am going to go and say this was a disappointment mainly due to the price tag. No one shelling out that kind of money should have a product that performs like this. If this was 50 dollars that would make sense. But its a lot more than that and I'm kind of mad. Lol.
Save your money and buy the mufe hd if you love how this performs. I think they're pretty much identical.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Full coverage is wild claim, haha.

I felt this is a medium to light coverage, it covered my pores but that was about it.

Smells amazing and it feels like it becomes your skin when it dries out, so even though it did not cover my blemishes, it still looked quite pretty as my skin looked more even.

I quite like this as the shade matches me so well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

I tried out the YSL All Hours Foundation for a First Impression on my youtube channel last week (see video below). I've had high expectations for this foundation, as all I've heard on youtube is people raving about it, saying how much they loved it, (also, Casey Holmes has super oily skin and she tried this out, and loved it) so I thought I'd give it a go. Anything which says matte, I instantly know that I have to try it.

My skin type: very oily t-zone with combination skin, blemishes, redness, sensitive, acne prone with large pores.

The mains claims which this foundation advertises are; Matte, Flawless, Even finish; Full coverage; Stays put for up to 24 hours; Waterproof and Transfer Resistant; Helps to reduce the appearance of pores; Skin look Fresh and Smooth.

As this foundation states that it has 24 HOUR WEAR!, I decided that I'd test it out for as long as I could, and wanted to make sure that I kept it on my skin for at least 8 hours - as this is a usual work day, and some of you would probably want to see how it holds up for the average work day.

I have tested out a foundation a couple of months ago, which also claimed to have 24 hour wear - Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup - and found it to be pretty crap. It didn't hold up very well on my oils, and I wasn't overall impressed with it.
I felt this foundation would be better, as it's a matte formula, so had very high hopes, but wouldn't be as shocked if it didn't work out for me.

After testing out this foundation for a few more times, here are the Pros and Cons.

Pros:
- Dried to a Matte Finish.
- Didn't make me oily at all - even after 10 hours, and my forehead usual gets shiny after 5 hours with other foundations.
- The packaging is stunning, and they also included a pump. *BIG Thumbs Up for the pump*
- Gave me a flawless look to my skin.
- Formula was almost the same as my EL Double Wear Original (my holy grail foundation).
- Medium to Full Coverage.
- Very buildable. I could build up this foundation, and it didn't look cakey or patchy at all.
- Available in a wide range of shades, in Cool, Neutral, and Warm Undertone. Shades for very light to very dark skin colours.
- No smell/fragrance.
- Contains SPF20, which is perfect for the spring and summertime.
- My pores and laughter lines were very reduced.
- Didn't break me out, and was great on my sensitive skin!

Cons:
- Only 25ml, which is smaller than the usual foundation weight.
- Very pricey for the amount of product. £33.50 or $58.
- Doesn't fully cover up redness.
- Became patchy on one side of my face (on my cheeks) during the day.
- Transferred easily.
- Oxidised A LOT! Make sure the buy a shade lighter, or wait a minute for it to dry before you purchase the shade.

Overall, I love how to foundation looks on my skin. It makes my skin appear flawless, and covers up blemishes very well. You don't need too much of the foundation, however you do need more than the Marc Jacobs Remarcable Foundation, which contains slightly less than the YSL.
The foundation hasn't broken my skin out, and I haven't been irritated from it.
It does come off on one side of my face when I'm at work - maybe it could be transferring as part of my job is working on phones.
This foundation is beaufil on the skin, and it controls my oils throughout the WHOLE DAY! I love the appearance of my skin when using it, however I'm unsure if I would repurchase, as I do need to apply more foundation after work due to transferring. Saying this, the foundation builds up very well, but I'd need to see if I have any other foundations (other than EL DW) which hold up better for work.

Check out my video below!!!

Subscribe to my youtube channel: Search 'Chloe Luckin'
Subscribe to my Vlog channel: Search 'Chloe Luckin Vlogs'
Check out my blog: https://www.chloeluckin.blogspot.com

I have very red skin, finished acne treatment so I'm left with lots of scarring and discolouration and this foundation looked so natural yet covered everything. I tried it with the concealer and appeared to cake up where the concealer was applied but I think this was the concealer not the foundation. Although it's matte it left my skin looking radiant. It lasted all evening even in the wind and rain, didn't separate along my smile lines and nose (most prone place for my makeup sliding off) and feels sooooo light. Love it so much, My new favourite 😍😍