Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

3.4

Edit: Hmm after more than a week's use, I'm liking this more with every use for some reason. The creamy finish (makes my thin skin look thicker in a good way), and the fact that the bright colour doesn't darken or fade on me makes it quite enjoyable to use on long work days. I'm upgrading this to 4 lippies.
This proves it...I'm just gonna buy everything hotandflashy says is holy grail hehe^^ (no affiliation whatsoever!!)
------

Long story short..I'm afraid I don't find it to be anything special for me unfortunately.

I have combo Asian skin (dry on surface but slightly oily under the surface) with large pores and lots of texture.
BTW I got the universally recommended shade in Korea, which is the neutral B20 (similar to Chanel velvet lumiere shade 10, and the Korean standard shade of 21)

Anything with "BR" stands for beige rose, which means it has a pinkish undertone. Anything with "BD" means it has a yellowish undertone, apparently ->not 100% sure on this though cuz the BD shade range is not available in Korea at all for some reason)
Plain B stands for neutral.

Pros:
1. Minimal darkening, maintains original colour for at least 8 hours plus (perhaps due to dryish skin type).
2. Gives thin blotchy skin a bit of a thicker (in a good sense I mean) waxier look on the surface ->you know how sometimes
if you nap with your foundation on your skin looks really smooth and waxy/creamy (??but in a good way) when you wake up?
I think this foundation has that effect without the napping of course, after mingling with your skin's natural oils (1 hour or so)
3. Is quite a thick formulation but doesn't feel that thick. Not as matte as name suggests (can be used by dry skin types too)
4. Has an underlying glow that makes dry skin look softer and a bit better, especially at around hour 1-2.

Cons:
1. Accentuates pores and rough surface texture....yes its true folks. Porefessional helps but compared to my best picks
- i.e. the Chanel velvet lumiere or the Sisley foundation which covers pores without requiring anything extra at all - falls short.
2. Looks like you have makeup on for sure. Feels like a very old school foundation formulation. I prefer thinner, runnier ones.
3. Price...is it that great? Not sure (it feels very similar to Armani's lasting silk foundation, including med coverage and pore accentuating)
4. Has underlying glow that can make even dry skins look greasy at around hour 4.
5. Cucumber-like scent, which I don't like too much but it doesn't last so no big deal.

Conclusion: Hmm...it's ok but unfortunately not very special in any way.
I'll keep on using it occasionally of course (no return policy boohoo) but while avoiding my porous zones for sure.

(ps. Hmm...I sort of knew in my heart that I probably wouldn't really love this foundation, but hotandflashy on youtube who I really find trustworthy said it was a holy grail, and since I really love her original holy grail the Chanel velvet lumiere, I just kept thinking I wanted to try this out...I knew despite my misgivings I'd end up getting this one way or the other. I wish I could say I love this!)

The YSL counter manager at Bloomingdales insisted that I try All Hours, saying it was superior to anything else on the market. She kindly matched me and made a sample for me, even though I told her I never had much luck with YSL foundation.

About my skin: Late 30s, with some hyperpigmentation, large pores around the nose, and oily t-zone, and dry cheeks, slightly sensitive and prone to eczema.

I was matched to BD40, which is slightly darker than I usually wear in YSL (am a BD25 in the Teint Eclat), so I suspect that All Hours runs a tad lighter. The scent is the typical cucumber-melon-floral that YSL likes to use. It does fade away after application, but do beware if you are sensitive to scents.

The texture is very light and runny. Compared to EL Double Wear, it is definitely more watery feeling. The finish is a demi-matte/satin. I did not powder on top, and felt it had a pretty skin-like finish.

However, unfortunately, this sank into every single pore on my nose. And I also got crazy oil breakthrough in the t-zone. So sad.

I would say give this a shot if you don’t have big pores or have an effective pore filler you can use, and also if your skin is a bit on the drier side. Unfortunately for me, this will not be a full-size purchase, and I will stick to my Armani and Dior for high-end.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. I bought this from Selfridge in the UK because I just couldn't wait until it launches in Australia. I was going to get BD40 but for unknown reason I picked B40 which is neutral undertone. It's actually not bad. It leans more on the yellow side than Nuetral side. I thought if it's good then I will purchase the right shade. It is now available in Australia. Despite this looking ashy upon application, after an hour or two it actually oxidises on the right shade for me. My friend got BD40 and I tried hers, it matches almost on my NC30-NC35 but then it oxidises orange on me. Reminds me a lot of the Maybelline Matte+Poreless to be honest with oxidising part on me anyway. My friend actually ended up buying the B40 instead because to be honest it is actually a better shade for some reason.

This is not Matte for me. There is nothing Matte or All Hours about it. I am very confused. However I actually like the satin finish a lot. This applies very nicely. I actually love the formula. Easy to work with, the finish is very nice. It's a solid medium on me, buildable without cakeing but very greasy feeling. Not full coverage in any way, shape or form even. This just makes my skin looks healthy, I don't find it to settle on my pores or fine lines or cling on dry patches or excentuates textures. It is very flattering. Brush or Sponge works nicely and it gives a very flattering finish. HOWEVER, I have to set this with powder everytime for a couple of reasons.

1. It does not dry down on me and I don't know why.
2. Because it doesn't last 3hrs on my combo skin if I don't.
3. It's Sticky/ Tacky and any blush, contour, bronzing powder I put on top is patchy and hard to blend. No issues if I set it with powder first.

This is not long lasting. I do love the finish but it breakdown pretty badly during the day. I have to spray a Mattifying Setting Spray (Gerard Cosmetics Slay All Day) before applying this foundation to help with longevity. This doesn't stand the test of time of 12hrs which is a normal wear time for me. So I'm not sure what is up with the 24hr claim.

This has a very strong scent. I'm not here for it because it broke me out. I'm not sure if it's the scent or the alcohol ingredient in it which is very disappointing. The scent have stayed on my brush and beauty blender even after cleaning them. When I use this, everything smells like this foundation ahahaha.

I'm a combo skin, with problematic medication flare up acnes and hyperpigmentation. This unfortunately goes down after 3-4hrs. It's a beautiful finish but I find myself blotting more than I would with other foundation that I have which are not even Matte. My honest score will be 2.5 but the scoring system won't let me so I have it a 3 and that is being very generous. It didn't hit the mark for me. If you are in a position to get a sample, do that first before committing in purchasing one. This foundation will suite me more on once a week basis most probably during the weekend when I just drive my kids around to their extra curricular activities or if you are just going to a lunch or dinner (3-4hrs) tops. I will still use it because I paid a lot of money for it and like I said the finish is beautiful but because of the scent, alcohol and longevity it is not worth repurchasing.

I recently got this foundation at Sephora and I must say I am impressed with it except that it's quite expensive.

Here's my review:

Shade: I am between NC 20 to 25 in MAC (leaning to 25 right now during the summer months) and the shade BD35 Warm Caramel matches me perfectly. I made a mistake of purchasing BD30 Warm Almond and it was a bit light for me. I might get one for the winter.

Finish: This has a nice natural matte finish. It is not completely matte, almost satin finish. That's why I had to set this with my Chanel Universal Loose Powder and it mattifies it beautifully.

Skin Type: If you have dry flaky skin, better exfoliate. This has a powdery finish and will accentuate dry and flaky patches on your skin. Combo to Oily skin can wear this. Just have to use a mattifying primer for oily gals/guys or a hydrating primer if you are a bit dry.

Coverage: Medium buildable

Application: I use a beauty sponge for application and it looks air brushed.

Overall, it is a beautiful foundation. I suffer from scars (pit, box and rolling) and I find that using a smoothing primer (i.e. The Ordinary Blurring and Smoothing primer) helps a lot.

I think if you are a make-up junkie. This can be a nice addition to your collection. However, if you are looking for a nice everyday foundation, I believe you can get something with a lesser price tag.

I will def re-purchase.

Hope this helps!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

As a foundation this is about as basic as you get. A natural somewhat matte somewhat velvet finish, medium coverage that needs concealer that lasts for hours without letting (too much) oil seep through or breaking apart.

Is it worth the price? Absolutely not.

I wouldn't recommend this if you're looking for a foundation for problematic skin or if you want coverage at all. Especially if you're venturing into the world of luxury foundation DO NOT buy this. It will give you the wrong impression of what that is supposed to perform like. Go for Armani lsf if you want a medium coverage with a nice finish (beautiful finish acrually) go for the remarcable if full coverage super matte is what you want. I am going to go and say this was a disappointment mainly due to the price tag. No one shelling out that kind of money should have a product that performs like this. If this was 50 dollars that would make sense. But its a lot more than that and I'm kind of mad. Lol.
Save your money and buy the mufe hd if you love how this performs. I think they're pretty much identical.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

I tried out the YSL All Hours Foundation for a First Impression on my youtube channel last week (see video below). I've had high expectations for this foundation, as all I've heard on youtube is people raving about it, saying how much they loved it, (also, Casey Holmes has super oily skin and she tried this out, and loved it) so I thought I'd give it a go. Anything which says matte, I instantly know that I have to try it.

My skin type: very oily t-zone with combination skin, blemishes, redness, sensitive, acne prone with large pores.

The mains claims which this foundation advertises are; Matte, Flawless, Even finish; Full coverage; Stays put for up to 24 hours; Waterproof and Transfer Resistant; Helps to reduce the appearance of pores; Skin look Fresh and Smooth.

As this foundation states that it has 24 HOUR WEAR!, I decided that I'd test it out for as long as I could, and wanted to make sure that I kept it on my skin for at least 8 hours - as this is a usual work day, and some of you would probably want to see how it holds up for the average work day.

I have tested out a foundation a couple of months ago, which also claimed to have 24 hour wear - Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup - and found it to be pretty crap. It didn't hold up very well on my oils, and I wasn't overall impressed with it.
I felt this foundation would be better, as it's a matte formula, so had very high hopes, but wouldn't be as shocked if it didn't work out for me.

After testing out this foundation for a few more times, here are the Pros and Cons.

Pros:
- Dried to a Matte Finish.
- Didn't make me oily at all - even after 10 hours, and my forehead usual gets shiny after 5 hours with other foundations.
- The packaging is stunning, and they also included a pump. *BIG Thumbs Up for the pump*
- Gave me a flawless look to my skin.
- Formula was almost the same as my EL Double Wear Original (my holy grail foundation).
- Medium to Full Coverage.
- Very buildable. I could build up this foundation, and it didn't look cakey or patchy at all.
- Available in a wide range of shades, in Cool, Neutral, and Warm Undertone. Shades for very light to very dark skin colours.
- No smell/fragrance.
- Contains SPF20, which is perfect for the spring and summertime.
- My pores and laughter lines were very reduced.
- Didn't break me out, and was great on my sensitive skin!

Cons:
- Only 25ml, which is smaller than the usual foundation weight.
- Very pricey for the amount of product. £33.50 or $58.
- Doesn't fully cover up redness.
- Became patchy on one side of my face (on my cheeks) during the day.
- Transferred easily.
- Oxidised A LOT! Make sure the buy a shade lighter, or wait a minute for it to dry before you purchase the shade.

Overall, I love how to foundation looks on my skin. It makes my skin appear flawless, and covers up blemishes very well. You don't need too much of the foundation, however you do need more than the Marc Jacobs Remarcable Foundation, which contains slightly less than the YSL.
The foundation hasn't broken my skin out, and I haven't been irritated from it.
It does come off on one side of my face when I'm at work - maybe it could be transferring as part of my job is working on phones.
This foundation is beaufil on the skin, and it controls my oils throughout the WHOLE DAY! I love the appearance of my skin when using it, however I'm unsure if I would repurchase, as I do need to apply more foundation after work due to transferring. Saying this, the foundation builds up very well, but I'd need to see if I have any other foundations (other than EL DW) which hold up better for work.

Check out my video below!!!

Subscribe to my youtube channel: Search 'Chloe Luckin'
Subscribe to my Vlog channel: Search 'Chloe Luckin Vlogs'
Check out my blog: https://www.chloeluckin.blogspot.com

Meh. Not long lasting. Not matte. It`s just okay. I actually regret spending my money on this.For a few dollars more, or even a few dollars less I could`ve had one of my lovely Japanese foundations which I`ve been relying on through the years. Heard some You Tuber blabbing about how great this wore on her skin and (first and last time I will do this) decided to try a Western brand for once. Meh. Not worse the money.

Overpriced and overrated. It's just an okay product. For a whopping $54, you get 0.84 oz/25 mL of product. It comes in a fancy glass bottle with a black pump and totally looks luxe. This does contain an SPF of 20 and comes in 33 shades. I picked up the shade BD35/Warm Caramel, which is described as a light/medium with a golden undertone. This foundation unfortunately has a light, floral scent that I dislike. The smell dissipates as you blend the foundation into your skin, but I am not a fan of anything floral-scented. I have an oily/combination skin type that tends to get oily in the t-zone and dry around the nose.

Coverage: Medium, but can be built to full coverage. I find it to look a bit cakey when it is built, and I use very little foundation when I do my make-up normally.

Lasting power: Claims to be 24 hours, but it rubs off throughout the day and lasts about ten hours max on me.

How it feels: My skin actually looks quite dry when I use this. I sometimes put an oil primer underneath and mix it with a moisturizing foundation to make it less drying. It also feels heavy for something that isn't full coverage.

Overall, I do not recommend this for dryer skin types. Be careful if you have dry undereyes as well! I won't be repurchasing because my drugstore foundations perform better than this one, and I've only ever loved the Estee Lauder Double Wear when it comes to high-end foundation. The formula for this All Hours foundation does not match the hefty pricetag. It looks okay on my skin and does what it's supposed to, but I want it to look incredible.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE 10/04/2018: I will not repurchase this foundation even though I love the way it looks on my skin. I live in 9 months of summer and I am tired of this fussing formula. I have to blot all the time since I am oily. When I blot my foundation comes off and by the end of the day, way do I spend this kind of money when I end up with no foundation. If you live in cooler temperatures this might be your holy grail. If you have dry skin, this might be your holy grail.

ORIGINAL: I thought this was going to be my holy grail foundation after 20 years of wearing Estee Lauder Double wear. It is not, but I am now on my second bottle. Let me tell you why I repurchased:

1. Does not settle into pores
2. Does not settle into fine lines and wrinkles
3. Able to find a color match perfectly even after oxidation.
4. Makes skin look flawless and youthful
5. Full coverage if using a brush
6. Light weight on the skin

Cons:
1. Is not 24 hour wear foundation. Barely 4 hours, I am oily
2. Transfers to everything even with setting powder.
3. Does not control oil even with mattifying primer and setting powder
4. Expensive and not even 1 oz.

This has a very light scent that is very fresh and does not irritate my skin. This does not settle into my pores and/or wrinkles even without a primer. I used wet sponge first and this just got soaked into the sponge. For the price of this foundation, I recommend using a brush. I also get better coverage using the brush, almost full coverage without looking heavy.

I am oily, so I struggled to find a primer to control the oil and not have foundation shiny midday. Dr Brandt pores no more has been the best to keep me matte, but oils still break through.

I am color Bd40 which has nice yellow undertone. This does oxidize 1/2 shade darker. Make sure to shake the bottle before applying.

I have tried match YSL primer, that helps with pores, but not for keeping me matte.

I get so many compliments on my skin when I wear this foundation. It looks great for the first 4 hours and then the oils really start to come through. I live in Texas and this is mostly testing in summer where humidity is 60% and higher with temperatures way over 95, multiple days over 101.

I will keep this for winter. I recently discovered Smashbox foundation and mixing these together for summer use has prolonged the wear.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This foundation is gorgeous and it didn't dry out my (dry) skin. However, when I realized that alcohol is the 3rd ingredient on the list, I couldn't endorse it anymore. I'm going to err on the side of caution when using any product with alcohol because of the research that shows it is terrible for skin even if it seems like your skin tolerates it well. It's possible I'm overreacting, but better safe than sorry.