ProLinc Callus Remover

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Before I heard of BabyFoot here on the boards, I purchased this product on Amazon along with a wet foot file. I did not use it for 6 months, mostly because I wasn't sure how to use it correctly and wanted something less messy. That's when I started reading posts here about BabyFoot peel mask booties. Instead of trying this brand, I bought a couple of knock-offs on ebay, which were mediocre at best, and I had to use 2 of them on each foot on 2 separate occasions to get any real results. So, I decided I would try the BabyFoot since it gets great reviews, but then realized I had this ProLinc callus remover under the bathroom sink. So, I pulled it out, read the directions and decided to go for it.

It's a light gel that you apply to affected area, cover with saran wrap, and leave on for 3-5 minutes. That's all it takes. This stuff starts softening dead skin fast. It will also chew on healthy skin fast, so be careful where you apply it. Wear gloves. I have used it twice. Once I only left it on for 3 minutes and it worked well, but with a second 5 minute sit 2 weeks later, it worked perfectly. But, I did not apply this stuff anywhere with just a thin layer of dry skin, like around, on and between toes, and top of my foot. The BabyFoot knock-off foot masks did take care of those areas. After the set time, I rinsed off the gel and immediately began to file my heels and the balls of my feet. After filing, I washed with a good stripping cleanser (I used Dawn dish detergent) to make sure all of the gel was off. Then, I applied thick layer of shea butter oil and put on socks for the night. ProLinc works great on thicker, cracked heels and calluses. My feet looked pink, healthy, smooth and much younger for about 2 weeks. I imagine it may even work well with a thinner layer of skin on toes if with a reduced sit time, but I got this stuff on the sides of my heels and on one patch on the top of my foot and the gel made those areas raw. So, I'm not sure how to do that part yet. I'll add later when I test it out again.

Pros:

Inexpensive yet effective
Easy to apply
Works well with one application

Cons:

You must use caution around healthy skin
It's really strong, which can make it hard to work with

Bottom line: I won't buy the BabyFoot peels, at least for now, and keep with this ProLinc product. It's less than half of the cost of 1 BabyFoot treatment, but comes in a 4oz size, enough product to use for the entire summer.

Ingredients: Water, Potasium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol,Glycerin, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Disodium EDTA.

Popular Treatments