NIVEA Nivea for Men After Shave Balm

NIVEA Nivea for Men After Shave Balm
Nivea for Men After Shave Balm

4.2

Aqua, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Panthenol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycyrrhiza Inflata, Bisabolol, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Cyclodextrin, Glycine Soja, PEG-40 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Sodium Carbomer, BHT, Sodium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Linalool, Limonene, Parfum, CI 42090

on 3/6/2017 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this as a primer and think that it works beautifully. As it contains glycerine, it gives the skin a very tacky surface that really causes product to stick to it and last a long time. The only issue with this is that as its intended to be an after shave balm it does sink into the skin therefore taking some of your makeup with it. This could potentially cause you to have breakouts however this has not been an issue for me yet. Overall, I do like this as a primer and will continue using it.

on 1/5/2017 8:11:00 PM

do not use this as a primer!!!! it causes makeup to sing into pores resulting in blemishes.

on 12/16/2016 8:59:00 AM

I've used this for 4 or 5 months but not always so i don't know that I love it or hate it, neither because when I first applied it, it've make my makeup looks good but at the end of the day, my oily have come out n I know it kinda gross but I have to tell you that my oily and the balm have been mixed together n make my makeup look quite awful. And I don't know that it may made me breakout or not but when I used this I think I had some tiny pimples on my face and I'm sure my skin is not sensitive and I haven't used new products except it. But when I used it first and waited for my skin absorb it n then apply a thin layer of loose powder and I think it worked well not fabulous but look okay... Hope my review can help you girls <3

on 12/15/2016 9:17:00 PM

Started using this as my all over face primer and my sister laughed at me.... she is now using it herself. It's great and for the price of it or even steal ur daddy's one it is well worth trying to see if it works for u ! My makeup does last but my makeup usually does during the day with most of the primers I have used. I'm not sure what the nightout staying power is as I was so drunk I forgot to look on both occasions...woops lol .There is a slight manly scent but it's not that strong and does fade after a while. I apply this and then wait till it dries a bit then I apply benefit porefessional on top to cover my pores (I feel the porefessional works better on the top of this than on its own as well it seems to have better coverage on the pores when I used it on myself and my sisters on top of the balm. It is good cause at the end of the end of the day it does work as a primer and those expensive ones especially pore primers I find work best in certain areas I'm not sure they actually do anything for the rest of the face. I also think it's quite refreshing just give it a try and see for yourself.

on 12/15/2016 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this product on my hunt for a great primer after reading heaps of good reviews about it. I don't really see much of a difference with my makeup longetivity, but I stopped using it and saw my makeup not going on as smoothly,
so I started using it as the moisturizer before my makeup.

Unfortunately, i find most moisturizers encourage my skin to become more oily and within 15-30 minutes of using them my skin already has a light layer of oil. This post shave balm moisturizes my face in a way that keeps my skin hydrated and the dry patches at bay, but also reduces the oils appearing on my face. a pea size amount covers my whole face and part of my neck. my skin looks so much healthier and clearer after starting to use this.

Its 4 stars instead of 5 because the smell is masculine (obviously because it is intended for male customers) and kind of strong. I also think a pump on the top of the bottle would be useful to reduce waste and mess.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok, so I bought the sensitive version. It works well as a primer to prolong your makeup. It won't do anything for pores or texture. My gripe with this is that it is not good for sensitive skin. The fragrance is crazy strong and for me personally, it didn't work.
I used this for about 2-3 weeks straight everyday I wore makeup. I started getting dry eyelids and that turned into dry flaky red burning eyelids. I couldn't wear makeup or even lotions without them burning and then I started breaking out on my chin (that's what I thought) and that turned into the same thing that was on my lids. Burning flaky kind of rash like. I actually had to get a prescription cortisone cream to fix this problem. I have stopped using this and have since had zero problems. Everyone has different skin but I'd be cautious of this product. It's ingredients are cheap and not good for your skin.
Glycerin is the main reason this product works and you can buy that at cvs if you'd like to mix it into a water spray or lotion it'd work the same.

on 10/29/2016 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Best face primer. Tried all other primers but this one showed RESULTS! Also learned key ingredient is Glygerin!

My face usually get a bit itchy when wearing most silicone primers. Recently my husband used up his facial lotion, I thought I would buy this for him to wear and for me to try.

First of all, the scent is manly, but tolerable compared to other Nivea men's product (think their men's body wash and lotion!!). 2nd of all, the opaque glass bottle is heavy duty so I don't worry it turns after sitting on his sink next to the window. 3rd, it's lighter than his body lotion which he uses when he runs out of facial lotion.

Now my turn. I put this all over my face for a few days without makeup so I know for sure how my skin reacts to it. For hours my face was not itchy and later forgot I was wearing it. So this passed the allergy test. For my face, I have to add moisturizer an hour into wearing this.

Now with makeup. I used this after moisturizer and sunscreen. And I waited for Nivea to dry up before putting on foundation. For long wear foundation, l need to stipple on or press on foundation otherwise it gets blotchy with this under. That's probably true for most of my primers. I will be honest that I don't notice much difference with foundation wear because my tzone is super oily. But my blush seems to stay on better when I wear this under foundation.

I usually save up used serum or foundation bottles that come with pumps, clean them really well of course. So I use a cleaned serum pump bottle to decan some of this. One pump covers my already-moisturized face. I now use this for light makeup days when running errands, and use my silicone based primer for days I need pore filling. I am giving this five star because it's calming to my face, give my face a break from silicone products, and it helps the wear of blush and powder contour. I heard about this from Nikki's youtube. I can't do any of her makeup, but this works for me.

EDIT: BTW some people said the scent of this disappears in a few minutes? I can definitely smell it on me all day. So keep that in mind.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I don't feel like this worked any better than my $6 Elf Primer. I tired it for about 2 weeks, I did notice that I started to break out right under my cheekbones . Along my brow lines too. My skin typically is pretty clear besides the occasional breakout . The product is very runny and the packaging really needs a pump ...you kind of just pour it into your hand . I have oily skin , I didn't feel like this made me more oily. This does have a slight fragrance like men's body wash or cologne. I would not repurchase but it is worth a try bc if it works for you it's a lot of product for about 5 bucks .

on 6/8/2016 1:19:00 AM

I so badly wanted to love this one....
After seeing so many people talk about it on YouTube and even some friends using it I think I had convinced myself that it truly must be magic.
Love the scent. Love the lightweight feel. Love the luminosity it gave my skin....
But that's where the love ran out.
Let me start by saying that I sit at a desk directly under fluorescent lights at work all day long so for ANYTHING to stay matte on my skin throughout the day, well, I'm convinced it's impossible. So just know that I am not a harsh judge when it comes to the wear time of any product based on that fact alone. With that being said though, by 10am I was having to blot my face. Oh, I should also mention, I have dry skin. DRY skin. And I had to blot it.... At 10 am. Yep. Didn't give up on the stuff though, because I figured I may have just been having a bad skin day. Continued using it for about a week-ish with the same result. On my day off I figured I'd give it one last try and wear it underneath some tinted Elta Md and even that wouldn't stay put. All around my mouth and nose it literally looked like it was sliding down onto my chin and jawline. Also worth a mention that it also caused an awful breakout all along my cheek bones and sides of my nose. We're talkin the kind of pustules that are deep, painful, and that almost seem to have their own pulse.... My skin can be sensitive to certain products and perfumes though, so I can't be too mad at the product for that one.