Garnier Oil Beauty Body Lotion - dry skin

No Image

1 review

Aqua, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Paraffinum liquidum, Cetearyl alcohol, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum parkii butter, Argana spinosa oil, Caprylyl glycol, Carbomer, Ci 14700/red 4, Ci19140/yellow5, Glyceryl stearate, Macadamia ternifolia seed oil, Palmitic acid, Peg-100 stearate, Phenoxy-ethanol, Prunus amygdalus dulcis oil, Rosa rubiginosa seed oil, Sodium hydroxide, Stearic acid, Tocopherol, Parfum.

on 8/15/2017 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Wow! This is the best body lotion that I have ever tried. Although I'm a skincare fanatic, I have always found applying body lotions so boring and unneccesary. But seeing how this has improved my skin and feels so good to use, I have been using this almost daily for a long time now.

I usually steer away from Garnier products - I'm not into their skincare products for face (those few that I have tried), and I remember trying this Body Cocoon lotion many, many years back which I did not like at all. I just kind of accidentally smelled this, and thought the packaging looked nice and not typically 'Garnier'.
And boy am I glad I did! What got me buying it in the first place was the smell of course. I'm bad at describing smells but it has sort of a warm scent. Despite it being fragrant, it has never irritated my skin, which may happen when there is too much perfume (i.e. Rituals' Honey Touch). Fragrance is listed at the very end of the ingredient list (i.e. lesser amount).

This lotion feels so luxurious. The texture is something between a lotion and body butter. That's great, as I don't like the heavy feeling of body butters and find them harder to spread. But let me tell you that this moisturizes just as well! Does not feel too heavy and sinks in not too slowly. I have actually found this more moisturzing than most or all other lotions or butters that I have tried (for example The Body Shop's body butters). I wanted to like the iconic Nivea Creme in the blue tin, but it was just so extremely thick and sticky, and didn't hydrate enough.

Using this lotion at night, even my very dry legs feels totally moisturized the next morning! Using this on a regular basis my skin all over has improved. I even started using this in summer (Norwegian cool, non-humid summer), and I don't find it too rich. I like that it doesn't leave any coat on the skin (though you can feel some moisture of some kind on top, but no slick or so). I spread this between my palms, and use about 3 pumps for all my body. If I use it right before going out I use less (like 2 pumps) and only apply very thinly. When my skin is drier (i.e. winter) I use more. I have tried this in the Extra dry skin version (which is a bit richer but is just as super and smells just as lovely) -- for me it even doubles up as a foot cream.
Mind you, I do not have sahara dry skin, but I have always had dry body skin, and always buy moisturizers for dry or very dry skin, and they never 'cut it'.

My only gripe with this is the bottle - even when it's empty and nothing comes out of the pump, I can see product worth at least a week left in the bottle when I cut it open. But it's not hard to cut it with scissors, and if you don't leave it open the remaining lotion does not dry out too fast. So not a big problem.

About the ingredients: It has a blend of 4 oils - Argan, Macadamia, Almond and Rose. Higher up on the ingredient list are Glycerin, Petrolatum and Mineral oil. Despite the glycerin this does not feel sticky on my skin. I know many people are against using mineral oil in skincare, but altohugh I usually avoid it on my face I think it's fine on the body - I have read that it seals in moisutre. Also it contains Shea butter (I have added the full ingredients list).

The price is really good too, even got this on sale. I think people have not yet discovered this gem! I really REALLY hope that this won't be discontinued. I'm on my 3rd or 4th bottle, and I'm stocking up just in case.

Popular Lotions / Creams