LANEIGE BB Cushion Hydra Radiance

LANEIGE BB Cushion Hydra Radiance

4.3

This is the first cushion foundation that I really like and will most likely re-purchase. I've tried the L'Oreal Lumi cushion foundation and it broke me out; I tried TonyMoly's BCDation and it was okay.
But Laneige beats these two for the coverage and longevity on my combo skin. For reference, I'm a NC30 and the #23 Sand is the best match for me. It's a big on the light side so bronzer is a must. I wish Korean makeup brands offered a much better shade range.
There is a fragrance but it's not too overwhelming and I don't notice it after applying the foundation. I prefer using my BB sponge for application (I'll use the sponge in the compact for touch ups) as I find it gives better coverage. I use a dabbing motion and I can layer it for more coverage. I'll apply an extra layer on my nose and cheeks (rosacea) and it saves me an extra step from using my MAC Pro Longwear concealer in those areas. I will still use LM's Secret Concealer to cover up acne scar marks.

How does it wear during the day? Surprisingly quite well. I don't find myself shiny in the t-zone although my rosacea redness may come through towards the end of the day.
I don't like heavy bases and prefer a very natural finish with foundations and this fits the bill. It's not 100% perfect but pretty darn close. Best of all, my sensitive skin doesn't break out. I can't use Korean skin care as the products don't work well with my very sensitive skin (plus that fragrance) but I'm fine with Korean base makeup.

If it didn't have the fragrance I'd give it five lipsticks.
I do like the compact refill too.

If you're not sensitive to fragrance and can find a shade match, this cushion foundation is worth checking out.

on 12/30/2018 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the only cushion “foundation” I’ve purchased that comes with a refill for the compact. So in that regard this is well worth the price. The shade range is limited but I was able to find a match in shade 23/Sand. I thought 21/Beige would work for me but it was a little light and a little too yellow for me. 23/Sand is light/medium with a neutral undertone and this blends in perfectly so that it undetectable on my skin. For a BB cream it has pretty remarkable coverage. I need very little on my forehead but have redness and dark spots from sun damage to cover on my cheeks and this builds beautifully. I like that you can use the included pad, a blending sponge, or a brush to apply this. The other reviewers are correct, there is fragrance to this that is not exactly mild but I wouldn’t say it was overly strong either. Regardless, I don’t find the scent lingering beyond application so it’s not bothersome to me which is surprising since my nose is quite sensitive. As far as the “hydra radiance” goes, I’m not so sure about that. I did not need to powder over this at all, not even after applying other cream products on top (contour, bronzer, highlight, blush). In fact, I did end up misting my face a couple of time during the day to keep it from feeling dry and tight. Could just be the time of year... Might feel more hydrating in the warm weather months. I do like this a lot, just need to remember to up my skin prep game before application so it doesn’t have any dry patches to cling to.

I LOVE THIS CUSHION! Cushions are my favorite type of foundation and Korean foundations and bbs and ccs work amazing for my skin and fit my skin tone so well. So besides my obsession with cushions rant here goes the review. For reference I have dry, sensitive skin and I have light skin. I think the cushion is really nice, it has a lovely light, dewy coverage and looks very natural on the skin. It feels really nice when I apply it, but I do have to take one lippie off for the scent though because it is incredibly strong and doesn't go away for hours. I don't think the scent really ever goes away, just fades. It lasts all day for me, but it does cling to my dry patches in the end of the day, but as long as I exfoliate, it's fine. There is also spf 50 inside which is really good, but I still wear sunscreen because I don't trust in a sense the sunscreen in makeup. Besides that I really love how it looks on my skin. The price is also really good, for CAD $49, you get the cushion, a refill and two puffs. Each cushion has 15g so with the refill you get 30g, the same as average foundation. This is relatively cheap for a cushion as many cushions cost about CAD $30 to $50 for one cushion and this costs about CAD $24.5. I also love the packaging, it looks beautiful and in the light it looks like the ombre rainbow you see in the pictures of the cushion. The puff is also really good, very firm, but not too firm, just firm enough that it applies well and looks great. The cushion is the average size of average cushions so it isn't very thin, but still very travel friendly. The packaging is very luxe looking. Overall, I really do like the cushion and I think I will purchase it again. If you want something similar, light, dewy coverage, but without the scent, try looking at the innisfree water fit cushion it only has spf 34, but it looks great and has a light green tea like scent opposed to the strong perfumey scent of the laneige cushion. It does cost about CAD $33 for a cushion, so more expensive, but at the shop I go to, they have a sale for CAD $25 for one and CAD $50 for two plus two extra puffs, so the price pretty good. You can also chose the case for the innisfree cushion, I think there is about 100 cases online and only about 20 at the store I go to, but they are all super cute and there are so many colours and designs. You can also chose the applicator for it so it's pretty customizable.

on 7/2/2018 1:02:00 PM

Just got this, trying to find my HG BB cream as I don't like wearing foundation daily. I've used this multiple times in the last week, in combo with my other products and I've never had an issue. I don't use any cream products with it, i think it might make other cream products slip. Love this and the additional cartridge it comes with!