Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Metallics - Smoked Silver

Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Metallics - Smoked Silver

1 review

on 8/14/2017 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Debated about buying this or Silk Stone.
I swatched Silk Stone on my arm, it looked like any other frosted nude lipstick with a brown undertone. I have several nudes in my collection with frost, so I passed. I swatched Smoked Silver - and it's just such a unique lavender gray silver with tones of blue and purple, I decided to buy it.

It's really pretty. Great fall color. I don't wear bold lipsticks full-strength on my lips; I tend to apply a bit of lip balm (like Rimmel's Kate 01 balm) and then once that's softened my lips a bit, I apply a bold lipstick over it with a light hand. It gives me just a tint of the color, without being too overwhelming. Especially with these bold metallics. This one does really well over a balm. I have White Gold from this line, and I've found these to be a little more drying on the lips (they are matte, but still creamy). This one is the same. But I love the color. It blends with your lip color, almost a purple berry gray. Really pretty for fall/winter. With balm applied first, I can easily wear this shade to work. Not long lasting, but that's normal since I drink coffee a lot during the day.