Huda Beauty Rose Gold Textured Shadows Palette (original edition)

Huda Beauty Rose Gold Textured Shadows Palette (original edition)
Rose Gold Textured Shadows Palette (original edition)Rose Gold Textured Shadows Palette (original edition)Rose Gold Textured Shadows Palette (original edition)Rose Gold Textured Shadows Palette (original edition)

4.2

Dubai, Fling, 24k, Rose Gold, Trust Fund,

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

it is lit so good I love it I would buy this 1000 times it is so pigmented it blends in so good it looks flawless I can tack this everywhere I go the texture is wicked

on 5/7/2018 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Again, I think that is the thing with all Huda beauty: a lot of hype. Some shades you really have to apply with fingers( rose gold, 24K), but really some colors I have a feeling would look good only on my 8 year old niece. And the packaging looks cheap compared to the price tag. However, I do use it in combo with my other palettes and some shades are definitely staying in the pot until I trash it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The highlights for the Textured Rose Gold palette for me aren't actually the textured shades, but the two pearl shades - Angelic (sweet pink with gold reflections) and Moon Dust (astral gold illumination). The majority of the shades in the palette are mattes [10 out of 18], however I only like around half of them, as the other half [including the pink shade Flamingo & Mulberry shade Maneater, which I'm sure are the ones that draws most peoples attention] take a lot of building and aren't easy to blend. I've found that a primer is a must-have with this palette, otherwise the mattes begin to crease on my dry lids within four/five hours [the pearls and foils wear all day] - for the cost of the shadows, I think that I shouldn't need to use a primer and that that they should work straight out the palette. I appreciate that Huda tried something different by including some textured foil shadows, but I just don't like them in the slightest; they're just chunky toppers that transfer if you have hooded eyes, so that's six shades in the palette that I hardly ever use.

This is the second-most expensive eyeshadow that I own so I keep using it in the hope that the matte shades will suddenly behave better and that I'll find a surprise love for the textured foils, but I'm getting to the point where I'm considering passing it on to family or friends, as most of my much cheaper palettes [eg Colourpop] all outperform it. The shades in this palette are all gorgeous, but with two thirds of the shadows under-performing, I'm going to recommend that people skip on the Textured Rose Gold palette and go straight to the Desert Dusk one - the shadows in the Desert Dusk palette all have different formulas, which work much better for me.

This is one of my all time favorite palettes, yes it is a bit pricey! But it's so worth it for me! All the shadows are super pigmented and you can do so many looks with this palette, only like 2 of the 3D textured shadows don't have much pigment, there is quite a bit of fall out, so expect that, but I love it! They blend really nicely!

on 12/31/2017 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My absolute favourite- there are literally no other brands high-end or drug store/high street ones that can offer such pigmented and strong shade range and Huda's palettes. Ultimately this is so strong and pigmented you don't even need to use so much. The colours blend well and variety of shades I have not seen in any other brand. Love this. Will buy again.

on 11/14/2017 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love this pallette. I was a bit late in getting this as it’s been out a year. I watched lots of you tube reviews ( many mixed) and the glitter textured shadows intrigued me. It’s a well thought out pallette, with mattes, glimmers, metallic and glitter shades of golds, Rose golds, pinks and pinky/red/browns. I have used it continually for nearly a week. The mattes are superb. They can be built up ( which I personally prefer) and I found work better over a creamier eyeshadow primer. I use benefit’s air patrol. What I have found is the mattes and metallic glimmer shades look extremely smooth over my 52 year old eyelids and stay that way all day. Most mattes can look a bit dry or change towards the end of the day, but Nothing has looked like this for years on my eyelids and I’m quite smitten. With the glitters, they are best applied with a finger and you do have to ‘load’ up your finger. Gently tapping doesn’t get much off. When these are applied to the eyelid, they are amazing. I love it. The packaging is quite basic though for this first pallette of Huda’s. I see that there is a mirror on the second pallette - which I shall probably get, now I have tried this.

on 11/5/2017 1:09:00 PM

This palette was so hyped and I love burgundy shadows, so I bit the bullet and bought it. Since there are so many mattes, I was not too worried if the textured shadows had too much glitter or were hard to apply. But the mattes are quite hard to blend even with my Wayne Goss or Surratt brushes. I just don’t want to work this hard for $85 CAD. With no mirror and flimsy packaging (I don’t care that it is cardboard, but the top especially would be easily dented even in carry-on luggage). Just too many negatives—price, lack of blendability, poor packaging, needing special mixing media for the glitters. Do not feel bad if you miss out on this one.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It took me a year to finally have the courage to buy this $95AUD eyeshadow Palette. That's because I have heard so many mixed reviews, I am not into any kind of shimmer or glitter and this I think is the most expensive eyeshadow Palette I have in my collection. But I love love this Palette. I have fallen inlove using glitters and shimmers and textured shadows. I reach for this everyday for the last 2 months. I have bought a back-up because they will stop stocking this Palette. That said after 2 months of use, I hardly put a dent on any of the shades.

I didn't have any troubles with the Mattes. They are easy to work with, they weren't dry, pressed just perfectly and it's easy to blend. They stay on the eye all day to the night. I don't use eye primer and just uses concealer with some setting powder. I love the colour scheme and the selection of different finishes.

For the shimmers and textured shadow I use those eyeshadow sponge applicator, wet it and use it and I never had any trouble. If I use my fingers, it's too messy because my fingers are way too big for my small hooded eyes.

I don't reach for other Palette while using this because this complete my eye look everytime. You can take it from day to night. Love it.

The packaging is a bit lack lustered for the price. I have to keep the unicarton to make it pretty and secure. The new Dessert Dusk Palette have a far better packaging. But I think at the end of the day, the quality made up for it ten fold.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I honestly love this, I wanted it since it came out however I did not want to spend $65. finally I did and I'm in love with it, the formula is amazing the glitters are great best used with your finger. I can't wait to get the desert Dusk!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you have a warm undertone, this palette is a dream! For cool undertones..not that much.
The pigmentation of the eyeshadows is FANTASTIC. The tiniest bit will stick to the brush and stand out once it`s applied on the eyelid. The colors show up exactly as they look in the pans and they blend just like Anastasia Beverly Hills shadows do.
The textured shadows are BLINDING. It`s like someone poured half a bottle of Mac Fix+ on each. The application can be a little tricky and requires a bit of practice at first, but the final result is WORTH it!
They last 5h+ when applied on top of the eyeshadow primers with no problem; however the concealer does tend to crease them a little; but nothing too wild.
The eyeliner glides beautifully on top as they have a very powdery texture. Since i have cool undertones, I tend to use some ABH shadows and combine them with some from this palette and they work together perfectly.
It`s an expensive palette but since the pigmentation is REAL, it will last you ages! Even though the colors may seem intimidating, you can achieve 429709 daily looks with it.