Huda BeautyTextured Shadows Palette: Rose Gold Edition

Huda BeautyTextured Shadows Palette: Rose Gold Edition
Huda BeautyTextured Shadows Palette: Rose Gold EditionHuda BeautyTextured Shadows Palette: Rose Gold EditionHuda BeautyTextured Shadows Palette: Rose Gold EditionHuda BeautyTextured Shadows Palette: Rose Gold Edition

4.5

Dubai, Fling, 24k, Rose Gold, Trust Fund,

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I honestly love this, I wanted it since it came out however I did not want to spend $65. finally I did and I'm in love with it, the formula is amazing the glitters are great best used with your finger. I can't wait to get the desert Dusk!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you have a warm undertone, this palette is a dream! For cool undertones..not that much.
The pigmentation of the eyeshadows is FANTASTIC. The tiniest bit will stick to the brush and stand out once it`s applied on the eyelid. The colors show up exactly as they look in the pans and they blend just like Anastasia Beverly Hills shadows do.
The textured shadows are BLINDING. It`s like someone poured half a bottle of Mac Fix+ on each. The application can be a little tricky and requires a bit of practice at first, but the final result is WORTH it!
They last 5h+ when applied on top of the eyeshadow primers with no problem; however the concealer does tend to crease them a little; but nothing too wild.
The eyeliner glides beautifully on top as they have a very powdery texture. Since i have cool undertones, I tend to use some ABH shadows and combine them with some from this palette and they work together perfectly.
It`s an expensive palette but since the pigmentation is REAL, it will last you ages! Even though the colors may seem intimidating, you can achieve 429709 daily looks with it.

on 9/19/2017 7:40:00 PM

I love the Huda Rose Gold palette. Yes, I do. Why? Because every freakin' look that I do looks good. That's it. At the end of the day, that is why I'm giving this palette 5 stars. Textures of these eyeshadows are rather odd. The mattes seem really dry. The "textured" eyeshadows need to be applied with fingers (yeah, I do that). Angelic is such a pretty pinky-gold shimmer. Bae is my perfect highlight/blending/brow bone shade. Shy and Sandalwood are amazing transition colors. The packaging is cheap for the price point, but at least you can see the shades and they are labeled (I hate when things are labeled). I found this palette to be very different from anything else I owned, and I'm really glad that I bought it in spite of seeing some bad reviews on Youtube. I adore the palette. I wore it today, and every time I went to the bathroom I would wash my hands, look in the mirror, and think, "That eyeshadow is on fleek, girl!". I can totally see why some people don't like the palette, but I would actually rebuy it if a burglar broke into my house, desperate for textured eyeshadow.

The Huda Beauty Textured Shadows Palette Rose Gold Edition is a selection of 18 shadows packaged in a cardboard palette enclosed in a cardboard sleeve.

Of the 18 shadows, six are "Metal" finishes with a creamy texture (Dubai, Fling, 24K, Rose Gold, Trust Fund, and Blessed). Two shadows are "Chromatic" pressed pearls (Angelic and Moon Dust), while the remaining ten shades are mattes (Bossy, Flamingo, Shy, BAE, Black Truffle, Suede, Coco, Maneater, Henna, and Sandlewood).

These shades all fall on a spectrum of colors ranging from camel/peach/copper/pink/rose/burgundy/brown, with a couple of creamy ivories, and black.

In reading reviews of this palette elsewhere, most of the issues revolve around the "Metal" finish shadows (the first five shades left to right on the top row, and the first shade on the left in the middle row). These shades *cannot* be applied "dry" with a brush (or, my favorite stand-by, a sponge-tipped applicator) due to their creamy texture. For success in using these six shadows, you have two options; either pick up a bit of the shadow on a (clean!) fingertip and gently pat the shadow onto your lid, OR dampen a brush with mixing medium (NOT water), swirl the brush in your desired shade, then apply to lids.

To learn the best way to apply all the shadows in the palette, I viewed the following Huda Beauty video:

(Video tutorial for various looks that can be created with the palette begins at 3:56 in the video)

Obviously the video was primarily created to promote the palette, and I don't agree that all the matte shadows are the most pigmented shadows ever (here's looking at YOU, Black Truffle. My (now discontinued) Milani Pitch Black Powder Eyeshadow is WAY more pigmented, Ms. Kattan!).

But the other colors are quite pigmented, so I have no complaints.

However, I *always* prep my lids for any powder eyeshadow application by first applying a thin coat of M.A.C. Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly, which evens out my skintone, cancels out any redness, and makes powder shadow colors apply true to their color in the pan. It also prevents fading.

I also apply most pressed powder eyeshadows with a natural hair brush, because strands of real hair are covered with overlapping "scales" (called the cuticle) which are better able to grab onto powders and transport them to the lid than the smooth hairs of synthetic bristle brushes - resulting in better color payoff and less fallout.

In my opinion, the two biggest negatives of this palette are the packaging (cardboard? No mirror? In a 65.00 palette?) and the fact that some of the shadows (the "Metals") are a bit fussy and so those with less experience in applying cosmetics might find them frustrating to work with.

Video Reviews & Tutorials