Australian Gold Botanical Tinted Sunscreen Mineral Lotion SPF 50

Australian Gold  Botanical Tinted Sunscreen Mineral Lotion SPF 50
Botanical Tinted Sunscreen Mineral Lotion SPF 50

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 4, Zinc Oxide 4. Inactive Ingredients: Alumina, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium Edta, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Hexyl Laurate, Iron Oxides, Panthenol, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Polymethysilsesquioxane, Porphyra Umbilicalis (Red Algae) Extract, Silica, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Terminalia Ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Water.

Pros:
- My skin is sensitive and acne-prone, and this sunscreen does not cause burning or breakouts
- The tint is very sheer, it is not like you're actually wearing makeup, yet it still blurs imperfections
- Can be worn by itself without looking greasy or set with powder to prevent transfer/extend wear
- Has a demi-matte finish, rather than being greasy like most sunscreens

Cons:
- The texture is really thick, so you have to apply quickly and I don't know if it plays well with applying makeup on top
- Took off a star because it only comes in one shade, which is extremely pale.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my HG sunscreen. I use it on my face and chest (which is sun damaged and red) daily, and I love the light coverage and primer-like blurring. I frequently use just this and concealer and love that there’s still some roses in my cheeks and freckles peeking through. I find it comfortable, and not drying at all, so ymmv based on other’s complaints. This stuff gives you plenty of time to rub it in, and once it sets, it does.not.budge.

That actually leads me to some cons (that I’m willing to live with): it does not play well with every type of makeup. I use a waxier stick concealer on blemishes, and if I don’t get it on before the sunscreen sets, blending it out can cause a “burn through” effect that is really difficult to repair. Mineral powder foundation needs to be brushed on in a downwards motion and can not be buffed. Cream and gel blushes don’t blend well. Powder products need to be applied with a light hand and built up carefully, and they stick to the sunscreen like glue, making blending tough if you over apply. I would definitely not wear this under event makeup.

I have no problem with white cast, but I usually buy foundation with the word “ivory” in it, so I’m not the person to ask about that issue. I do, however, burn quickly, and I can attest to the efficacy of this product as a sunscreen. I went on a houseboat during 35°c July heat, and spent the weekend swimming and drinking cocktails on deck (read:forgetting to reapply), and still escaped with no burns. I double cleanse with jojoba oil and a foaming cleanser in the evening, because again - this stuff is almost waxlike in its holding abilities. However, I haven’t had any problems with breaking out (which is the main reason why I’ll buy this for as long as I can get my greedy hands on it), and it doesn’t irritate my eyes. I call it a win and am in love.

on 9/7/2018 1:26:00 PM

I bought this after some YouTuber's recommended this wears wonderful under makeup. Well , if you want to look like Casper then this will work for you. I moisturized my face and body first, then applied. I had a white cast all over. When it dried my skin felt tight and hard. Did not work well for me under makeup either. My skin looked like it was cracking and made my foundation look much lighter. I couldn't wait to get home to wash it all off. I went back to my CeraVe A.M. moisturizing lotion with SPF 30. I just wanted a mineral sunscreen, however this didn't work for me.

on 6/28/2018 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

IT broke me out! I couldn’t use it anymore.. I’m sensitive to a lot of sunscreens and it’s one of those which my skin doesn’t accept :(

on 6/26/2018 7:37:00 AM

I workshop in a pharmacy and during the years I have tried sooo Manu different sunscreens. Some semi-good, some absolutely bad. I never really found the one and only... until now. This is so so perfect. Like a primer, so smooth. Though it contains dimethicone, it does not clog my pores.

on 6/24/2018 5:33:00 PM

I have combo skin so this is good because though it has shea butter, it doesn't feel oily or separate. The tint is pale beige and disappears on my skin. It has a creamy, pleasant texture to apply. The problem is it makes my skin feel dry at the end of the day--like something is sucking the moisture out. Also I don't like removing it at night since there's so much pigment, you really have to cleanse a lot or use a wet wipe. However it doesn't irritate my eyes, and that's a plus.

on 6/21/2018 9:58:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this sunscreen for my 3 week trip to Greece. I hate putting new things on my face, especially sunscreen because it almost always breaks me out without fail. I bought this stuff just hoping that it wouldn't break me out on my trip. I ended up loving it! I use a moisturizer under it because although my skin gets quite oily, it also gets dry in some spots. I decided to throw my primer out because I love this as a primer as well as a sunscreen and tinted moisturizer. I put this on, and cover it with a pressed powder and that's all I wear on my skin on a regular basis. I don't know if it was from this sunscreen, but I left Greece with much clearer skin than I traveled there with. It was about $25 at Shoppers Drug Mart which seems a little expensive but I have used this stuff every day for the past month and a half and I'm not even 1/4 of the way through the bottle yet. I think it is going to last quite a long time. Love this stuff now and will keep buying it when it runs out!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Best sunscreen I have ever used for my oily skin with very reasonable price. It's lightweight, the finish is matte but feels very smooth, no white cast. I love the finish a lot. I made me surprised at the first time I used it. I tried some famous face sunscreens before such as Skinceuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 and EltaMD UV Physical SPF 41. Skinceuticals is lightweight, no white cast but too oily. EltaMD is lightweight, matte, no oily but has many white casts and the finish looks not natural, maybe like a make-up product... Australian Botanical is perfect for oily skin. It's a bit dry but I think it's a sunscreen, not a moisturizer. So I used Vichy mineral 89 and OZNaturals Vitamin C Serum before it.

on 6/3/2018 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall great sunscreen. I do not find this drying, and I have normal/dry skin. I use vitamin c serum under this. Sometimes I also add a little cera ve pm moisturizer. My foundation applies nicely over this (liquid). Then I set it with boots loose powder.

It is so drying I’m going to try & mix it with another moisturizer