Glossier wowder

No Image

2.8

Not tested on animals

This powder looks really good when first applied. It's not chalky or cakey and sets makeup well, though I've found that after an hour, it seems to be gone. Unlike most of the other reviewers it seems, I don't like the packaging of this powder. It's not messy because the mesh keeps the powder in the jar, but at the same time I find it very hard to get any product out. A brush is impossible to use. I've had the best luck with the Laura Mercier powder puff, but even with that I have to press into the mesh over and over. I thought about trying to pry out the sifter, but the packaging is very sturdy so I don't think that's possible!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love the packaging of this powder, the dispenser is like the MUFE HD loose powder. I bought the shade light and it oxidizes quite a bit, and I’m not very pale in summer, but this could definitely be an issue in winter. keeps me matte but not flat for many hours, but I don’t think it’s worth the money. It’s sitting in a dresser of extras.

on 4/12/2018 6:43:00 AM

Packaging excellent for a loose powder. But unfortunately I'm not a fan of this powder. I find it looks cakey on my skin and makes the finish worse than before applying it.

on 4/5/2018 8:54:00 PM

This is a gorgeous powder and it feels amazing on the skin. Too bad it oxidizes on me. I have pretty oily skin and generally very few items oxidize on me so it was surprising to see this powder oxidize to a nice shade of orange. Unfortunate :( otherwise it is lovely!!

on 1/24/2018 10:31:00 PM

Let me start by saying that I totally understand the negative reviews on this product. It's not for everyone. My skin is mostly clear and on the dry side. This doesn't dry me out at all or sink into my skin in a way that accentuates dead skin.

Wowder is light, lightly pigmented, and supposed to be a lightly matte powder. It's not supposed to cover up discoloration or blemishes! It gives you a bit of a blur. I use this over a very thin layer of Stretch Concealer and Tarte foundation. I apply both on spots where I need a little coverage, then swipe Wowder all over. It gives a great perfecting blur over my usual light layer of makeup and it makes me look put together without being overly made up.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Surprised by the lack of love on this product!

1. Love that it's sheer and sets my makeup
2. Does not settle into fine lines
3. Reasonable price
4. Does not irritate sensitive skin

on 12/9/2017 6:03:00 PM

This is the only product from a recent Glossier haul (that included the skin tint and concealer) that fell flat for me. Underwhelming doesn't even cut it - it's pretty undetectable on my skin...like at all - not like the wonderful subtlety of their other products. Just not there. The brush is also a no - it's very flat, and doesn't really apply the product well. I switched to a blunter, fatter brush. The packaging for both are excellent - the "trampoline" dispenser is very clever. Just a less-than-meh powder for me.

on 9/30/2017 9:15:00 PM

I'm in the minority, I guess, but I love this product. I'm NW20 and use this in Light/Medium. The shade is perfect for me. I use sparingly and it doesn't look too matte or cakey. It also doesn't settle into my fine lines. Just lovely, not-too-shiny skin. I use this over the Perfecting Skin Tint and my skin looks like real skin, not made up or fake. It's an aesthetic that, in my 40s, I have come to embrace. I did buy the brush with it and didn't love it, so I just use a powered brush. I will repurchase.

on 9/18/2017 5:06:00 PM

Some Glossier products work spectacularly for me, and I adore them and hope they will be available forever and ever. Others are less thrilling. This fell into the second category. I found the finish cakey and obtrusive, and generally the whole affair didn't make anything look better than it had beforehand. Oh well!

on 8/14/2017 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought the Wowder and brush set. I was a little worried that the powder would fly around in the container while in my makeup bag, but the Wowder's lid is shaped so that there is a flattened dome in the center that pushes down onto the powder sifter when closed. I thought that was very smart design, so when you open the lid, there is no excess powder flying about. The sifter screen is also helpful.

As for the powder itself, I found it underwhelming. It's just okay. The powder appears to be finely milled, but when I apply it to my face, there is an odd heaviness to it that surprised me. It didn't keep the shine down for very long either, maybe one hour. So, if you're oily, you will need to reapply this often. I've had it cake up around my nose a couple times, which was unpleasant. Overall, I think that it was a bit overhyped and I was just expecting it to do more. It's a perfectly good powder, it just didn't deliver on the WOW-factor that I had anticipated. If I could, I'd give this 2.75 stars.

The brush, while adorable and soft, had some uneven bristles on it. There were 2 or three hairs that were much longer than the rest. I also thought it was a little too densely packed to use with the Wowder. The brush shape feels like more of a blush brush, IMO.