Sally Hansen Color Therapy - Powder Room

Sally Hansen Color Therapy - Powder Room

4.5

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Powder Room is from the debut shade collection in Sally Hansen's new Color Therapy line and the brand describes it as being a 'pearlescent blushed nude' finish & shade of polish, whilst I'd say that it's a frosty opal shade. I'll warn you straight away that if you hate brushstrokes in your polish finishes then you won't like Powder Room, as quite a few of the brushstrokes in the polish don't dissipate from the frosted formula finish as it dries down.

A opaque coverage takes two to three coats, depending on users preference on coat thickness during application - personally I think that thicker coats could make the polish apply unevenly and make dry-time longer, so I think three thinner coats is best. The polish is smooth to apply & dries quickly and despite the brushstrokes in the finish, Powder Room is not a streaky polish. I wear base and top coats with polishes and don't wear any for more then 3/4 days, so can' say that I noticed any benefits from the Argon oil-infused polish formula. I'd still reccomend it though, as I enjoy the retro look and feel of the shade, the formula is easy to use and I really enjoy the brush that the brand uses.

on 8/11/2017 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a few shades from this Color Therapy line - and MOST of the ones I have apply beautifully. This color is no exception. In photos, it pulls cream, pink, frosted taupe - on my fingers it looks like a pretty frosted cream. There is a little tone of pink, but it's very very subtle.

I swatched this in store - and didn't like it, but ended up going back to buy it. It's not as pink as I thought, and I love that it's not a SUPER WHITE frosted polish. I have a frosted white polish by OPI and I like it, but it leans just too silver white. This is more natural looking, a very pretty frosted/pearl nude and the formula is great. You could easily do one coat and done with this (which I prefer) - but I did apply two with a top coat to see. Very pretty for any season and every day.

I think others have fallen for this shade because my local Target was wiped out of it and still isn't restocked. I ended up grabbing it at another superstore.

Popular Polishes