Pixi Rose Flash Balm

Pixi Rose Flash Balm

Water/Aqua/Eau, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Tapioca Starch, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Stearate, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Triethyl Citrate, Aminomethyl Propanol, Sucrose Cocoate, Glycerin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Rose Extract, Bisabolol, Ethylhexylglyercin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Red 40 (CI 16035)

on 3/21/2018 7:28:00 AM

I originally got this in a sampler set because I wanted to try their Glow Tonic and I used it up and bought a larger size. It's really an amazing product. It smells lightly of roses, absorbs like a dream while being being very smoothing, softening, and moisturizing, gives skin a kind of glowy but completely non oily appearance, plays well with my sunscreen and foundation. The price point is a little high but the packaging is gorgeous and the size is generous for the high quality. I have not used it as a mask but it really does work amazingly well as a primer and as a moisturizer.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a hydrating balm with a definite rose scent that claims to boost radiance. I don‘t know about that last part, I mean my skin doesn’t appear dull to begin with but it also doesn’t look any more radiant when I use this. Layered over the Pixi Rose Caviar Essence this really locks in moisture though and keeps my skin feeling hydrated and plump. That’s a winning combination in my books. The only thing I noticed when I first started to use this balm is that I couldn’t really rub this into my skin as it seemed to pill on me. Then I tried using less product, gently spreading on my skin and pressing it in which seems to work perfectly. Glad to see that less is more given the price of this product is on the high side for drugstore. I have dry skin and this has a somewhat matte finish to it so those with oily skin should not be afraid of this product. Do not be concerned that the matte finish means it isn’t moisturizing, it really does provide a good barrier layer to keep hydration in. I haven’t used it as a mask, only as an overnight moisturizer and it has performed well for me in this regard.

on 2/27/2018 7:59:00 PM

I love this. Makes my skin soft and works for literally anything. Doesn't break me out, makes my makeup last longer and doesn't make me more oily. Amazing product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't rate this product that high, mainly because I find it doesn't work that well for someone with a dry skin. Unless you use it as a mask, which you apply in thick layer, wear for 5-10 min and remove.

If you have combination skin on the other hand, you might really love it as a primer. I have quite a few friends, who adore the formula. As for my dry skin, my biggest issue was that it would peel/ball up on me. No matter what foundation, make-up tool I would use. It would drive me insane, which is why I can't recommend it to people with dry skin (as a primer).

You can use it as a moisturizer, but that would probably work best for someone with oilier skin type. Mainly because it is a very light, creamy-gel formula that will get absorbed real fast leaving a natural finish.

Nice product, just not for every skin type. I talk more about this and other PIxi skincare products in a separate review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/02/17/New-In-My-Make-Up-Bag-Pixi-Beauty) in case you want to have a look. Hope it helps!