Olay Luminous Miracle Boost Concentrate Face Booster

Olay  Luminous Miracle Boost Concentrate Face Booster

4.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I’ve been using this a short while (I saw regenerist on tv. A fool & her money part ways ...), I got total effects 7 moisturizer & the Olay eye depuffer (returned that stuff stings like kray kray I got my $27 back!!) I’ve noticed my skin looks more translucent & clear I’ve not had a lot of experience w b4 but it seems good!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have a few stubborn sunspots near my eyes, and wanted to use a gentle product to help with pigmentation, and prevent more sun spots.The main ingredient in this is niacinamide, which is responsible for most of the claims on the packaging.

Niacinamide helps the skin's barrier, increases moisture retention in the skin, has been found to reduce the appearance of fine lines, and plays a role in curbing melanin production and fading sun spots.

I use this as a serum in the morning, before applying sunscreen. This is lightly moisturizing, and plays well under makeup. I am not expecting it to fade my stubborn spots significantly, but I feel safe that my sunspots won't get darker when using this & sunscreen over it. My complexion is brighter, and my skin is noticeably softer. I'm acne-prone and have oily skin, this works well with my skin type.

What I love about this is that it contains Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine, a relatively new ingredient that stops skin cells from producing melanin pigment. Studies have shown it helps the effects of niacinamide, and it has even reduced the appearance of melasma in women.

I'm really happy with this product, and will be repurchasing.

UPDATE: I've been using this for over a month and I haven't noticed my dark spots lightening, but to be fair, they are probably deep (in the dermis) and I have had no new spots form. I've added glycolic acid and differin (a retinoid) in my routine, and this product has helped relieved skin irritation. If my skin is red & irritated, I'll take a couple days off AHA & retinoids & just use this and moisturizers. So at this point this is a cosmetically elegant, expensive moisturizer that can help prevent hyperpigmentation. I plan on purchasing the Ordinary's niacinamide serum soon, if I like that better then I will switch from this product to the Ordinary's