4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

22 days ago

For me, this is the world's okayest mascara. It doesn't really build well, so once you get a little bit of volume, you really can't layer over it to get mega volume. It begins to clump and look sticky if you overdo it. Honestly, I far prefer the Bareminerals Lashtopia, which I've been going back and forth with for the past couple months. The packaging is great though. The brush really catches every single lash. I just wish the formula wasn't so average. I guess for the price, it's really not bad, but it's just not for me. I feel like all the Essence Lash Princess mascaras leave me feeling a little disappointed. Also, I really wish these came with some kind of seal. If there's not going to be any outer packaging, then some kind of tamper-resistant seal needs to be included. Who knows how many times these are opened in the store...

About reviewer (512 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

3 months ago

This is my forever mascara. Here's what I want from a mascara: 1) good grip on the first stroke. Gives a good coat first time around then builds length and volume with a second coat if I want it. Huge, overly thick 'fake' lashes not a priority. 2) stays on, no smudging or flaking. I have oily, deep set lids so this is quite a challenge. 3) comes off easily with a proper eye make up remover, no pulling or morning residue. This mascara does it ALL. I tried the green Lash Princess one and it was good but this is something else. I’ve also had it for months and it’s still going. And all for 3.50, I’m done looking.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3 months ago

I've been trying to pare down on my makeup spending. So when it was time to replace my mascara, instead of ordering my Better Than Sex mascara from Too Faced, I decide to look up cheap options online. I decided at $5 a tube that it was worth a try, if I didn't like it I could just toss it. Well am I every very impressed with this product and happy I gave it a try. It gives volume and curl to me otherwise straight and wimpy lashes. I'll buy this again, what a steal.

About reviewer (229 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

4 months ago

My first impression after applying this: Wow! I still feel that each time I use it. For a $5 tube this stuff really impresses me. My lashes are okay but they're kind of light brown and can look nonexistent, but this really amps them up. It adds volume, length, a bit of curl, and kind of makes me feel like some cartoon character fluttering her lashes. It holds up all day, doesn't irritate my eyes when I wear my contacts, and I can wear it to the gym, sweat like I'm in the sauna, and doesn't turn into little inky rivers running down my face. That said, it holds on, but washes off easily. All in all, it's great stuff. I'll definitely buy more.

About reviewer (363 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

7 months ago

It’s soooo good

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBrown

7 months ago

I so wanted to love this mascara. It applies so smooth, builds heavy volume and length BUT it flakes like nobody's business....like the worst flaking. I find essence mascaras are all nice like the I love shocking volume but they are all pretty bad for flaking.Too bad. Maybe a waterproof version would be better if they launched one.

About reviewer (340 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

8 months ago

Pros: +cheap price +it's widely available +there's large amounts of product in it's tube so it won't finish soon +it has a perfect,easy to work with,practical wand +it has a very black,almost wet but not too watery/liquid like formula,it's more on the creamy side specially after a week or two +it does a great job in holding a curl +it does a very good job in lengthening lashes without making them look like spider legs +it gives lashes decent volume without making them too thick +makes lashes look gorgeous,black and impressive the whole day +it can be used on lower lashes too +you can have a quick application.actually a quick application with a light hand looks much better than several coats in this case -it never makes tips of lashes as thick as their base +it's not difficult to remove it with a normal cleanser Cons: -it sometimes smudges a bit and leaves a shadow under my lower lashes -it sometimes flakes a little at the end of the day -it can stick lashes together if you put on too much -as it ages and formula becomes thicker it seems to put too much product on bases of lashes -it's not sealed in most countries(it's not a problem here as in my country they seal all mascaras with special stickers before distributing to stores WOW! My lashes have never looked this great(as far as I can remember).it's my second Essence mascara(first one was Get Big Lashes Volume Curl,it was good,not bad but not perfect).I bought it spontaneously and it was just 3 USD ! not more expensive than a pizza! I like it's cute packaging and it has an amazing brush.it's not big,not rubbery and has a curve which prevents mascara from going on my lids and seems to help pushing up and curling my lashes.it's hairs don't hurt my eyes and lids and it's easy to apply it on lower lashes or tiny lashes in inner corner too I could feel there's a lot of product in the tube the minute I opened and tested it(and my feeling was right.it contains 12mil mascara while most others contain 8mils) but there was not loads of product on the wand It's formula is on the wet side but not too liquidy(I don't like too liquid like,watery wet mascaras) just one quick swipe of it on my lashes made a huge difference and my lashes looked much darker so just one or two swipes are enough for a minimal yet nice,natural look..I applied two coats of it which made my lashes stand out and look dramatic but not overdone.it does a perfect job.I also like how it lengthens and darkens.it does a nice job in volumizing lashes without making them unnaturally thick.another huge plus is that it holds a curl very well.my lashes look long,black,curled and fanned out the whole day.I also love that it doesn't make my lashes look too hard and brittle..I usually like more feathery lashes but this mascara showed me that very slightly clumpy lashes can look pretty too..if I remove a bit of the extra product on it's brush by swiping it against inner wall of the tube,there is no need to use a comb afterwards as it doesn't stick my lashes as other mascaras tend to do,still I sometimes comb my lashes or go through them with a clean spoolie and it makes them look even better.the application isn't much messy and if there's a mess,it's easy to remove with a Q tip soaked in micellar water..it was also easily removed by my Bioderma H2O micellar water and a cotton pad Unfortunately there are also some cons here.first I faced a bit of smudging with this mascara and mascaras rarely smudge on my eyes.it's not like transferring black under my eyes but the skin under my lower lashes seemed darker than usuall as if I have a narrow shadow of dark cycle under my lower lashes.powdering my eye contour may help and I will try that but not putting mascara on my lower lashes isn't an option as I don't like that look.another con is that it sometimes flakes a bit as day goes on but it's not a big deal.another tiny con is that it can look a bit uneven on lashes with more than two heavy coats I'm still giving it 5 lippies because it makes my lashes look sooo pretty..at the end of a day,my lashes stay curled,dark,separated,long and full and as beautiful as first minute but I can find a few a few tiny flakes under my eyes but I can easily forgive that.as it's mentioned in one of the reviews this mascara won't survive a nap and you will wake up with racoon eyes Smudging and flaking can be big deal breakers for some people but for me this mascara's pros over weigh it's cons.nothing is more important than giving my lashes a beautiful look and holding a curl for me and this mascara is perfect in both aspects.I'm going to repurchase but I also can't wait to try other Essence mascaras Edit: I had to change buy again from yes to no and change it's rating from 5 to 3 and I believe it deserves a two if all of Essence Lash Princess Sculpted Volume mascaras out there are like mine I loved this mascara eventhough it had some tiny flaws but suddenly it's formula changed to this thick,sticky,gooey nightmare! It sticks my lashes badly and clumps if I apply more than one quick swipe,it puts too much product on bases of my lashes and make them look as if I have applied a hundred swipes of mascara! It's been barely six weeks since I bought it and it has gone bad.It's not finished or dried,it's still full of mascara but the product inside it has changed so dramatically that there's no way to use it.just applying it twice(not two coats.just two times) on lashes makes lashes clumpy and sticky in an awful way.as if there's tones of mascara on bases and I have only three thick,spidery lashes.it happens even after wiping off the extra product from it's wand.I bought a sealed one and it's expire date isn't even close.I can't even blame these super hot summer days because it's always in my makeup bag which is at home,in an air conditioned room. I don't think I'd repurchase but I will try other Essence mascaras.well,to be honest I might buy it someday to see if this happens again or not

About reviewer (202 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

10 months ago

I tried this mascara today, and I'd say it's just as good as if not a bit better than most drugstore mascaras. It's VERY black, goes on quick--I only needed about two coats--and any smudge on the lid is easily buffed out. Didn't smell weird, and the packaging is weighty in the hand in a good way so it doesn't feel like it would slip out of your hand while using it. It's decent at separating lashes, however, I notice that with many mascaras the first few applications are a bit goopy and then after it dries out a tiny bit with normal use it becomes a lot more manageable. So I had to use a lash spoolie with it today, but overall I'm pretty pleased. Went on much quicker than my normal mascara, held a curl ALL day long, lengthened well, and created some decent volume. I also scraped the brush against the side of the opening to get rid of a bit of extra mascara on the brush and that seemed to work well for me. I'll update this review as needed, but you could do a LOT worse than this for $5.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

10 months ago

I got two mascaras from Essence, this one and Lash Princess False Lash Effect. This is a good mascara in terms of performance, it gives volume, length, and curls your lashes. But neither the length neither the volume is anywhere close to what Lash Princess False Lash Effect provides. This mascara also won't survive the nap without giving the raccoon eyes. It's a lovely mascara, but it falls short compared to the False Lash Effect.

About reviewer (638 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

fromSarem

a year ago

Up today i have tried hundreds of mascaras... And I can happily say that this is the best mascara i have ever used. BEST (Literally). Besides you can never beat the price. Try it you won't regret

About reviewer (79 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral