bareMinerals bareMinerals BarePro Liquid Foundation

bareMinerals bareMinerals BarePro Liquid Foundation
bareMinerals BarePro Liquid Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane , Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract, Sodium Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Methicone, Papain, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Algin, Tocopherol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 12/7/2018 8:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This isn't a bad foundation, but it's definitely heavier coverage than I normally like to wear. I was so excited to see BareMinerals make a liquid foundation that I had to get it. I love the shade, it's a pretty close match (Aspen 04). I'm not a big fan of how quickly this dries down but I'm resolved to use it up. I've had a few instances with crying while wearing it, and it totally streaks and then is next to impossible to rub back in. Not a fan of that. I like the packaging and pump design - easy to use. With so many other foundations out there to try, I won't be repurchasing. I find this pretty expensive and while it does have some nice skincare benefits in it, I don't think it's worth using again. While I didn't find this extremely matte, it is more so than many other foundations I've used. While I have oily skin, I don't prefer to use matte foundations.

on 11/8/2018 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got two sample vials of this from Sephora. Each of them lasted me abut 10 days, so I feel a got to ty this out for a decent amount of time. When I run out of the liquid foundations I ahve, I might actually purchase a full bottle of this. I have sensitive normal-dry skin, about NC20 in color, and this in the color 08 suited me really well.

This doesn't have a thin texture, but it spreads out well wit a beauty blender and doesn't dry down immediately, so I feel I have time to work it into my skin. I apply this over my Australian Gold Tinted Botanical Sunscreen, which also acts as a sticky base - it improves the longevity of anything that is applied on top. The coverage of the foundation is about medium, which is enough for me. My spots will definitely not be covered up, but I never want a full coverage - I prefer to spot-conceal with the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer (05 is the closest to NC20).

I wouldn't say this is neither hydrating nor drying. It doesn't really accentuate my dry spots, but it's a foundation that dries down to a satin fiish on me. I do set it with powder, so I don't know how it wear without. I don't have many lines or wrinkles, but I do have slight smile lines and lines under my eyes. I don't think this settles into those much at all - I've had many other foundations that perform much worse in that regard. I find this lasts decently on my skin - looks good after a regular work day.

I'm really happy that this foundation is kinda simple: it has no fragrance or offensive smell, it's not too heavy, it provides me with a natural finish and it lasts long enough. I'm really happy that I can find a color that is yellow enough fo my really yellow-olive skin. To me, this is a good foundation.

on 11/8/2018 1:27:00 PM

I tried a sample of this because I really like the shade range. I really wish this worked for my skin! I love the shade 7/warm light. It’s perfect for my nc15-nc20 skin tone. The finish was nice.... for the first few hours. It started to settle into my fine lines under my eyes and settles a lot in my smile lines. As the day goes on, it becomes cakey on my skin. And I’ve noticed my skin has become incredibly dry since using this even if I use a good moisturiser :( I’ve heard lots of people saying it suits different skin types (I mentioned my skin type to the SA) but if you have dry skin I would try it out first before buying it. I think this would be best for oily skin. So unfortunately this didn’t work for me. My usual Estée Lauder double wear is meant to be similar but that does not dry me out :)

on 9/27/2018 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is, to me, the same product as Mac pro longwear foundation or the Smashbox studio skin.

I dont like how this still feels kinda tacky if you use this with a silicone primer. Sits in pores too much. Looks dry while it feels tacky.

Such a same, was hoping this would be perfect.

-------------------- Update --------------------

I've been working with this foundation and now I do like it. But it a picky foundation that won't work with every moisturizer (embryolisse lait-crème concentré works great with this foundation ) and primer.
To me, this only looks good (pore smoothing) when I use this with Tarte timeless smoothing primer and porefessional benefit (both applied) This way it doesn't stay tacky. (I never set my foundations with powder, I need the foundation to set itself)

Now I do like it, but you have to keep in mind that this foundation doesn't work the best with very 'wet' silicone primers. The foundation has a hard time to set and floats on the skin. (Exemple: L'Oréal Paris Infaillible Primer Matte Base DID NOT work good with this foundation. Made skin look older)

If you have dry skin, I think you would have to find a good hydrating primer to go with it. Which (with this foundation) can be quite a journey. Also, if you have trouble with this foundation, try another moisturizer. Different primers.

Pro's:

Long wearing
Nice matte finish
Sets (with the right primers, eye rolling)
Looks natural
Can make skin look more smooth (with the right primers, eye rolling)
Good coverage (medium buildable)

Con's:

If you are very picky, like I am, and you need it to be perfect (looking up close) and you have texture you like to hide; you need a very good primer. Tarte is amazing for blurring pores with this one.

Can look dry if you have more dry skin.

Bottom line: You really need to work with this and found out how it works best for you.

Foundation is similar to:

Smashbox studio skin foundation, but this has more coverage and sets faster.
Mac pro longwear
Loreal infallible pro matte (Infallible sets faster)
And kinda like double wear; but definitely not as cakey. More natural version.

The formula is not too watery. More like a lighter version of double wear.

on 8/3/2018 2:03:00 PM

I am a big bare minerals fan but this was way too matte and cakey on my skin. It definitely does stay put but I like a more dewy finish....had to return.

Almost perfection. Natural matte finish, undetectable on the skin. It does not really have a glow but it somehow manages to mimic my real skin freshly cleansed, glowing. Magical! I have looked at it under daylight and indoor lighting, it passes the test - no trace of foundation at all. (I use 3 quarters a pump for my whole face, haven't tried to build it yet) It also covers my pores slightly, though not completely. But i don't mind. It's so skin-like. The coverage is medium for me, good for every day use. HOWEVER, it does oxidise about 1 shade darker on my combination to oily skin! This why I said it's an almost perfection. Shade-wise, my skin is around NC20-25 in depth, with a pretty strong yellow undertone. I first tried Cashmere 06 in sample which is a neutral shade. It was too pink on application but by the end of the day, it oxidised to a true-to-me shade. So I thought Warm Light 07, which is a neutral-to-warm shade, would be just right. But oh boy I was wrong! It was peachy and much PALER than Cashmere 06. So if you have a similar skin color to me, keep it in mind. Finally I settled on Golden Ivory 08, perfect on application but oxidised darker. But OK, it's summer.

on 6/30/2018 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've reviewed a few foundations over the last several years, and other than Estée Lauder Doublewear, this Bare Minerals BarePro liquid foundation is an ultimate winner for me. I still like the Maybelline Fit Me Matte Poreless for cooler months, but I find the BarePro stays put through heat and humidity just as well as the ELDW.

This past year, I have been experiencing menopausal changes ranging from hot flashes and joint pain to rosacea and a new sensitivity to facial products that I never had before. It seems like everything I put on my face causes a flare up or a breakout. In my quest for products that agree with my current situation, these are the items I have found that work for me...

CeraVe foaming facial wash for normal to oily skin
Olay Active Hydrating moisturizer (this has been THE BEST moisturizer for me and my oily skin as it does not make me more oily or aggravate my skin)
BarePro foundation

I use the Olay and let it soak in before applying my foundation with a brush. I do not need heavy coverage but for those who do, you can build this foundation, but work quickly...it sets fast!

on 6/10/2018 6:39:00 PM

This is hands down the best foundation I have found. I have sensitive-rosacea prone skin. It’s extremely oily yet combo as well. I use the shade Light Natural 09 and love the yellow based colour. This foundation is oil-free and non comedogenic. It definitely has full coverage but does not feel heavy on the skin. Without a primer I get slightly oily after about 6 hours but the foundation never separates or cakes. It lasts all day long and does not oxidize. My face looks photoshopped when applied and my pores do not show through. 5 stars!

Let me start by saying the powder form of this is my HG foundation. I love, love, love it. So, I thought I would give this one a try. it's definitely not the same. I like it, I just don't LOVE it. First, I think it depends on your skin type and the primer used on whether it's long wearing or not. Now will it make it through an 8 hour day? Most likely. I wouldn't bet on any longer than that though unless it's under the perfect conditions. That doesn't mean it's not a good foundation. It covers well and stays in place during those hours it is on your face, or at least it did mine. Careful with the primers though. I've learned that it does not sit well with silicone primers at all.

So, the great things about this is the coverage is medium to full and it is buildable. It's not heavy on the skin and it dries down fairly quickly. I took off 1 lippie because it really doesn't do the whole 24 hour wear/long lasting wear unless conditions are perfect. Who's skin is perfect?

on 5/14/2018 9:21:00 AM

I like the foundation quite a bit. Although I do have a lot of things to say about it that aren't necessarily bad, but I feel like it's important to know. For one thing, I think it's debatable on whether or not this is really full coverage. If you don't layer it on, it can be closer to medium. Medium is fine for me, so we are good there. It is pretty transfer resistant, however I'm not sure if it's very matte looking. I think it's closer to natural than matte, but that is just me. Also, as others have said the application is kinda streaky so you need to be ok with blending. I always apply with my hands for foundations and this is totally workable in just a minute, but you do have to double check to make sure there are no streaks.

Overall, this foundation looks good on me (natural looking and medium coverage) even if it's not as described (matte and full coverage). I really like that is has spf 20 for me, it's important because most days I don't want to deal with a separate sunscreen. It does not have a grey cast in my shades 07 and 09 at all. My skin seems to love it, and is very healthy since I've switched to it. Since I favor heavier foundations/concealers I've found plenty of brands break me out, but not this one. The pump bottle is also awesome! I just wish I could clearly see how much is left in the bottle, but it's very hard. I end up having to weigh my bottles to know if it's time to buy a new one.