bareMinerals bareMinerals BarePro Liquid Foundation

bareMinerals bareMinerals BarePro Liquid Foundation
bareMinerals BarePro Liquid Foundation

3.7

on 6/10/2018 6:39:00 PM

This is hands down the best foundation I have found. I have sensitive-rosacea prone skin. It’s extremely oily yet combo as well. I use the shade Light Natural 09 and love the yellow based colour. This foundation is oil-free and non comedogenic. It definitely has full coverage but does not feel heavy on the skin. Without a primer I get slightly oily after about 6 hours but the foundation never separates or cakes. It lasts all day long and does not oxidize. My face looks photoshopped when applied and my pores do not show through. 5 stars!

Let me start by saying the powder form of this is my HG foundation. I love, love, love it. So, I thought I would give this one a try. it's definitely not the same. I like it, I just don't LOVE it. First, I think it depends on your skin type and the primer used on whether it's long wearing or not. Now will it make it through an 8 hour day? Most likely. I wouldn't bet on any longer than that though unless it's under the perfect conditions. That doesn't mean it's not a good foundation. It covers well and stays in place during those hours it is on your face, or at least it did mine. Careful with the primers though. I've learned that it does not sit well with silicone primers at all.

So, the great things about this is the coverage is medium to full and it is buildable. It's not heavy on the skin and it dries down fairly quickly. I took off 1 lippie because it really doesn't do the whole 24 hour wear/long lasting wear unless conditions are perfect. Who's skin is perfect?

on 5/14/2018 9:21:00 AM

I like the foundation quite a bit. Although I do have a lot of things to say about it that aren't necessarily bad, but I feel like it's important to know. For one thing, I think it's debatable on whether or not this is really full coverage. If you don't layer it on, it can be closer to medium. Medium is fine for me, so we are good there. It is pretty transfer resistant, however I'm not sure if it's very matte looking. I think it's closer to natural than matte, but that is just me. Also, as others have said the application is kinda streaky so you need to be ok with blending. I always apply with my hands for foundations and this is totally workable in just a minute, but you do have to double check to make sure there are no streaks.

Overall, this foundation looks good on me (natural looking and medium coverage) even if it's not as described (matte and full coverage). I really like that is has spf 20 for me, it's important because most days I don't want to deal with a separate sunscreen. It does not have a grey cast in my shades 07 and 09 at all. My skin seems to love it, and is very healthy since I've switched to it. Since I favor heavier foundations/concealers I've found plenty of brands break me out, but not this one. The pump bottle is also awesome! I just wish I could clearly see how much is left in the bottle, but it's very hard. I end up having to weigh my bottles to know if it's time to buy a new one.

on 4/22/2018 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very good foundation which actually looks better on the skin 1 or 2 hours after you apply it. As other reviewers have noted it can look a bit streaky on the skin when first applied but leave it a while and it seems to melt into the skin leaving a fabulous finish. I always moisturise and use silicone primer and the foundation lasts really wel , better than ysl all hours imo, and the colour stays true. The main problem for me is shade fatigue, like many new products there seems to be a competition to have the most shades and having tried 5 I am yet to make up my mind. (Some are a bit yellow). The danger is that consumers will be overwhelmed and end up buying nothing!

on 4/9/2018 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I was recommended this by the MA at Sephora. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin that is also combination. I was frequently breaking out and needed something with fuller coverage. I have the shade Natural (11), which is my summer colour but way too yellow for the winter. I liked it, the scent isn't too strong, bendability was not the worse, but not the best. I found that I needed 2 and a half pumps for the desired coverage. During the winter, it was causing my skin to flake and crack the foundation. Which probably caused breaking out. So, I switched over the the DIORSKIN FOREVER UNDERCOVER. This isn't a bad foundation, but it does look quite heavy on the skin and feels heavy.

on 4/5/2018 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE THIS. I think I have this in the 01 fair and suits me perfectly. Usually liquid foundations reveals my oily skin after a couple of hours and I need to touch up with powder every few hours, but this stats totally matte throughout the whole day! Also you need really little product for great coverage. I bought the luxe performance brush that goes along with it, and it works fine, but if you dont mind using your fingers then brush not needed! Only con is it comes in a glass bottle and will be quite heavy to bring along for travelling. Will absolutely repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG foundation. I am between an NC 20-25 and I was matched to the shade Natural 11, which is just slightly too dark. But with powder and blending, I'm in good shape. The coverage is phenomenal. I do use the "whole line" with it, so maybe that's why I tend to like it more. I start with moisturizer/ss, then Prime Time, then I use 2-3 pumps and blend all over my face with the brush (sold separately). I really think the whole application is the brush, if you use your fingers or a sponge, it tends to look streaky and awful. I set with Cover FX mattifying powder or Benefit Hello Flawless. I suffer from breakouts and rosacea, this covers everything and stays all day, event through my 10+ hour days going to work and then to work on my dissertation on campus after. I get compliments on my skin, which never happens! I have awful skin. This stuff is amazing.

on 3/25/2018 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This has worked well for me. I struggle with acne prone rosacea skin and has not caused breakouts , lasts all day and does not look like a mask. I have used this for a year plus pretty much every day and feel confident in saying that it’s gives full coverage but to those who say it ages them and I’m 55 .. I think it’s key to apply a small amount and moisturize beforehand. For reference I shake well pump 1-2 pumps on back of hand and dot all over face then I spread with beauty blender or flat top brush and when I remove it at night there is plenty to remove. I like to use Avene A.C. cream, Bobbi Brown vitamin enriched face base or PTR cloud cream hyaluronic underneath . Truly I think this is the best foundation currently on market . I’ve never tried the Giorgio Armani ones that everyone raves about to be fair

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff broke me out in the WORST acne I’ve ever had in my adult life. I’m currently going for chemical peels that cost $120. This $30 foundation will end up costing you more in the long run. The only good thing about this was the color match was the best I’ve ever had. But not worth the acne.

very dry and cakey. It's almost like it cracks apart on the nose and doesn't blend very well. The color comes off as very yellow, and I've tried multiple shades. I have to apply multiple layers on some areas of my face because this foundation comes off very easily when you set it.