Bare Escentuals bareMinerals BarePro Liquid Foundation

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals BarePro Liquid Foundation
bareMinerals BarePro Liquid Foundation

3.6

on 1/20/2018 6:45:00 PM

FINISH: This foundation has supposedly a "naturally matte" finish, but on my skin it looks a bit dry and not very natural. You can definitely notice it on, so it's not that type of foundation that looks like skin. It reminds me of Studio Fix Fluid from MAC. If you like that type of look and you're interested in this foundation, I found that if I mixed it with a little of Dr. Jardt+ Cicapair cream, it transformed it into a very natural looking base.

COLOR: It comes in 30 shades, which is nice and fairly decent. I use Champagne (03) and it's a completely perfect match. In other foundations I use:
- Bobbi Brown: Extra Light in BB Cream & Porcelain (0) in Skin Foundation Stix
- Dior: (010) Ivory in Diorskin Forever
- Marc Jacobs: Bisque Medium (26) in Genius Gel Foundation.

LASTING POWER: I do get oily at the end of the day, but that happens with most foundations. I find I don't stress out about blotting because it just looks natural and healthy (or that's what I tell myself to avoid touchups, I'm too lazy for that). I find though that this foundation transfers and this bothers me a little bit to be honest.

COVERAGE: I wouldn't call this a full coverage foundation at all, but it is a medium coverage base. I can see a stubborn pimples and acne scars over a layer of this foundation. And I don't wear more than 1 layer because it starts to look cakey.

WOULD I REPURCHASE? I'm thinking about it, the color match is too good. I apply it with my fingers and with a beautyblender and it looks good both ways, I don't like it with other brushes though. It's not a perfect foundation by any means, but it's nice and not too expensive. It is a good option if you are looking for something that is oil-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free and fragrance-free.

I've been road testing samples from Sephora and I'll definitely be buying a full size bottle of this foundation.
It's one of the nicest bases I've tried in all of my years of wearing makeup and I've tried a lot of foundations over the years.
The colour range is impressive and #15 Sandalwood is the perfect match for my NC30 complexion. I love the yellow undertones in the foundation (Asian skin tone) too.
The formula is on the heavy side so I dab it on my face with a damp beauty blender sponge and a little goes a long way, otherwise it will look heavy and made up if you're not careful.
It blends well and there's no need to work it in sections like some foundations. I set it with a light dusting of translucent powder and it lasts all day. I don't really need to touch up during the day, expect maybe a bit on the forehead.
There's no fading or caking during the day and it doesn't emphasize any dry spots. The finish is demi-matte and I look polished without looking made up.
There is no fragrance and I haven't had any breakouts. (I have sensitive, rosacea skin)
This foundation is perfect for a special occasion for a glam look that isn't over the top.
A winner in my books.

on 1/11/2018 1:23:00 PM

So this is my first review and I just felt the need to start with this foundation. I have tried so many foundations with my oily (mild acne) skin. Usually, when I apply my make up I would have to fix my powder every hour or so. With this AMAZING product, I put my make up on at 9 am and use a thin layer of Mac studio fix powder ( for a little extra coverage) and do not have to touch it again and take it off around 5 pm while it is still perfect.

This product is seriously the best I have tried. Very reasonably priced, loads of shades and very good coverage.I am using Roaccunate (acne treatment) at the moment and it covers my red discolored areas very very well and with the drying that comes with the tablets the foundation still does not budge and is not drying like many other full coverage foundations. I have convinced several of my friends (al different skin typed) to purchase this and they love it! I have also had 2 people working in shops asking what foundation I was wearing. It makes your skin flawless.

It is a matte finish but more of a satin matte, it is not chalky looking and I have also not broken out when wearing it ( which I normally would with every other foundation I have tried). I have just finished my first bottle and going in to purchase my second ASAP I will be buying one for daytime and a darker one for the night, I seriously can not recommend this product enough!!! Hope people enjoy this just as much as me :)

on 12/22/2017 11:10:00 PM

I REALLY loved this foundation when I first purchased. It remained true to its word and allowed me to only put one layer of this with a minimal amount of concealer on and look good. While I loved how it looked, it began to have problems. About 6-7 hours after applied, my face became explain splotchy so I decided to remove the foundation. Once removed, it was 30 minutes later my face was covered in rashes and blistering up. I have been allergy tested and was not allergic to any of the contents of the foundation. At first, I was hoping it was a single-time situation. Then I attempted twice more times to wear it with the same outcome. I have attached pictures with link below. I know everyone's skin is different, but I thought I would at least warn of my experience. Other than that, you will receive lots of product for a good price per oz and coverage is wonderful as said prior.

on 12/17/2017 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this foundation. The coverage is great (medium-full) and can easily be built up. A lot of people have said that this foundation looks heavy on the skin, but you can avoid this by building it up in thin layers with a brush or sponge. The shade range is good; I wear cool beige 10 and it matches me perfectly. I have combo/oily, sensitive, acne prone skin and this doesn’t break me out. It also lasts all day paired with a good primer and powder or setting spray. Overall, it’s a good foundation.

on 11/9/2017 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this foundation. I apply it with a beauty blender and it looks seamless the whole day. I never use powder with this foundation.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a nice foundation overall, but it just did not work all that well with my skin. I don't usually do pro/con reviews, but that's the best way to explain why I ended up returning it.

Pros:
-satiny finish/not too matte
-good coverage if applied correctly
-applies nicely with a sponge or a brush
-heavy glass bottle with a pump
-did not break me out (I am acne-prone)
-no scent/fragrance
-decent shade range, though I found no exact match

Cons:
-not long wearing
-accentuates dryness
-can look cakey/overdone if not applied correctly
-breaks down after several hours
-feels heavy on the skin

I think this, like so many new foundations that are coming out, is probably best for oily or combo/oily skin. It didn't make my dryness worse, but it showed every flake and dry patch I have. For the first couple of hours it looked really nice and smooth in spite of feeling a little heavy, but then it started really accentuating dryness and breaking down, neither of which are a good look. This foundation is supposed to be long wearing, but I definitely do not think that it was on my skin. If this had been a foundation at a drugstore price point I probably would've used up the bottle, but for $42 USD it was too expensive to keep giving second and third chances to. I tried a few different primers and powders that I have had good results with in the past with various other foundations and none seemed to really work all that well. In the end the texture of this foundation didn't work well with my skin type so back it went. I wouldn't repurchase it, but I would recommend it for people who want a fairly full coverage product and have oilier skin.

on 10/26/2017 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Of all the long wearing foundations that I have used over the years, this is a good one. I have a very oily t-zone and normal cheeks. From my perspective, it is a bit better than ELDW. #1 It does not clog my pores or break me out. ELDW does. #2 it wears for a very long time esp on my tzone (for me doesn't break apart, separate, or float on my skin even at the end of the day) #3 My t zone is less shiny/matte w/o being drying, #4 Very little oxidation on me. Good price point for higher end. I love that it doesn't break me out. I use a tiny amount of this product as a little goes a long way or I feel it looks very unnatural and opaque. EDIT: the only issue I would have to say is color matching but I have settled for #13. I think 14 and 15 would also work. 13 is light but a little bronzer solves that.

on 10/26/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had to get on here and give this product a great review! I picked this up a month ago and I’m really loving it! I had some trial and error with picking up the right color - the shade range is WIDE and it runs light! I picked up #4, because I’m not super pale but definitely a “light” tone in the fall/winter. This was very, very light. I returned and got #10 Cool Beige.. it is my perfect neutral toned shade for fall/winter..not as yellow as a lot of the shades in this range are. I would probably go up a shade or two for summer!
Once I got the color right, I can tell you this foundation is what I was looking for. I use a brush to apply (I don’t have the Bare mineral one yet) and it applies like a dream. It feels lightweight but the coverage is full! It also has this effect of giving your skin a healthy glow, but still semi-matte. Since my skin is oily, I use a oil controlling primer and a matte setting powder. It is a long lasting foundation but priming and setting truly helps this last all day. Before I was using Cover Girl Outlast and then trying to use up my EL DW (that I don’t like ) and those foundations were breaking me out. I haven’t had issues with this breaking me out , which is another plus!

on 10/25/2017 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wear this every day and have not broken out from it. I can only speak for my skin tone range (fair), but they have a LOT of colors to choose from. It is a matte finish and stays on well, even though I have slightly oily skin. I wore Double Wear until it ran out (I didn't want to waste money), but I like this much better and have already bought a back-up bottle with an Ulta coupon.

The BareMinerals rep used their new brush to apply this. It's a great brush, but it's as much as the foundation. I already had a Real Techniques stippling brush, so I use that. I've also used a beauty sponge. The sponge puts less on for a lighter application, but the brush is fine too since it's such a good match for my skin. You can layer this and cover up little red spots well. I was looking for something above drugstore and feel like this is my HG.