Bare Escentuals bareMinerals BarePro Liquid Foundation

bareMinerals BarePro Liquid Foundation

3.6

on 11/9/2017 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this foundation. I apply it with a beauty blender and it looks seamless the whole day. I never use powder with this foundation.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a nice foundation overall, but it just did not work all that well with my skin. I don't usually do pro/con reviews, but that's the best way to explain why I ended up returning it.

Pros:
-satiny finish/not too matte
-good coverage if applied correctly
-applies nicely with a sponge or a brush
-heavy glass bottle with a pump
-did not break me out (I am acne-prone)
-no scent/fragrance
-decent shade range, though I found no exact match

Cons:
-not long wearing
-accentuates dryness
-can look cakey/overdone if not applied correctly
-breaks down after several hours
-feels heavy on the skin

I think this, like so many new foundations that are coming out, is probably best for oily or combo/oily skin. It didn't make my dryness worse, but it showed every flake and dry patch I have. For the first couple of hours it looked really nice and smooth in spite of feeling a little heavy, but then it started really accentuating dryness and breaking down, neither of which are a good look. This foundation is supposed to be long wearing, but I definitely do not think that it was on my skin. If this had been a foundation at a drugstore price point I probably would've used up the bottle, but for $42 USD it was too expensive to keep giving second and third chances to. I tried a few different primers and powders that I have had good results with in the past with various other foundations and none seemed to really work all that well. In the end the texture of this foundation didn't work well with my skin type so back it went. I wouldn't repurchase it, but I would recommend it for people who want a fairly full coverage product and have oilier skin.

on 10/26/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had to get on here and give this product a great review! I picked this up a month ago and I’m really loving it! I had some trial and error with picking up the right color - the shade range is WIDE and it runs light! I picked up #4, because I’m not super pale but definitely a “light” tone in the fall/winter. This was very, very light. I returned and got #10 Cool Beige.. it is my perfect neutral toned shade for fall/winter..not as yellow as a lot of the shades in this range are. I would probably go up a shade or two for summer!
Once I got the color right, I can tell you this foundation is what I was looking for. I use a brush to apply (I don’t have the Bare mineral one yet) and it applies like a dream. It feels lightweight but the coverage is full! It also has this effect of giving your skin a healthy glow, but still semi-matte. Since my skin is oily, I use a oil controlling primer and a matte setting powder. It is a long lasting foundation but priming and setting truly helps this last all day. Before I was using Cover Girl Outlast and then trying to use up my EL DW (that I don’t like ) and those foundations were breaking me out. I haven’t had issues with this breaking me out , which is another plus!

on 10/26/2017 11:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Of all the long wearing foundations that I have used over the years, this is one my favorites. I have a very oily t-zone and normal cheeks. From my perspective, it is a bit better than ELDW. #1 It does not clog my pores or break me out #2 it wears longer and better than ELDW in my tzone(for me doesn't break apart, separate, or float on my skin even at the end of the day) #3 My t zone is less shiny/matte w/o being drying, #4 Very little oxidation on me. Good price point for higher end. I love that it doesn't break me out. I use a tiny amount of this product as a little goes a long way or I feel it looks very unnatural. EDIT: the only issue I would have to say is color matching but I have settled for #13. I think 14 and 15 would also work. 13 is light but a little bronzer solves that.

on 10/24/2017 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

At first, I was overjoyed w/ this foundation! With 1 1/2 pumps, I could easily cover my entire face, making me feel as though the $34 price tag isn't as expensive. The color range here is honestly great. I can never find a foundation that properly matches my undertone yet I was able to find an EXACT match for my skin... But that is where the 'pros' end.
The actual important parts of the foundation did not even come close to my expectations. I did listen to the other reviews saying to apply in downward strokes. But, the foundation still just sat on top of my skin w/ a mask like appearance. I do not have any dry patches at all (shoutout to oily skin). Yet, this foundation made it looks like I had dry spots around my nose/smile lines and on my forehead. The staying power of this foundation also failed. I gave it about 3 hours of wear time before it started separating and breaking up, making it look absolutely awful. Plus, any product that I put on top ended up looking quite patchy.
But, most importantly....this foundation RUINED my skin. It gave me deep cystic acne all over my face. I thought it was due to a facial I had gotten right around the time I began using this. But, the second I stopped, my skin went back to clear and normal.. (please take into consideration that my skin is extremely acne prone)

So disappointed as the color was just absolutely perfect for me...alas, I went a returned it to Sephora :(
oh well, back to Clinique for me!

on 10/25/2017 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wear this every day and have not broken out from it. I can only speak for my skin tone range (fair), but they have a LOT of colors to choose from. It is a matte finish and stays on well, even though I have slightly oily skin. I wore Double Wear until it ran out (I didn't want to waste money), but I like this much better and have already bought a back-up bottle with an Ulta coupon.

The BareMinerals rep used their new brush to apply this. It's a great brush, but it's as much as the foundation. I already had a Real Techniques stippling brush, so I use that. I've also used a beauty sponge. The sponge puts less on for a lighter application, but the brush is fine too since it's such a good match for my skin. You can layer this and cover up little red spots well. I was looking for something above drugstore and feel like this is my HG.

on 10/24/2017 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I've waited a few weeks and a shade tweek to review this. I first got this in 14 Silk, due to its more neutral undertones. It looked so light in the bottle (pump, yay) but eventually adjusted to my skin tone... Almost. I find 16, Sandstone, a better overall match for my skin still tinged from summer, and that this line generally runs light.
I use 2 pumps to cover my face and use a BB for days I want a lighter medium coverage, and either the Bare Minerals Bare Pro brush or my Zoeva 104 buffer on days I want heavier (full medium) coverage. I'm glad I read reviews here stating to brush in quick DOWNWARD strokes. It definitely helps the foundation apply evenly and not settle into pores.
Once applied it dries down rather quickly, and if I choose to spot re-apply it does build to full coverage. But what I love most is either with or without powder, it holds my oil at bay. Hours and hours of coverage without excessive shine or wearing away. No break up or pooling in pores. I would def buy again.

on 10/8/2017 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tend to gravitate towards very light coverage foundation. Most of the time, I just use a tinted moisturizer or a light dusting of mineral foundation. However, I have rosacea and when the redness on my cheeks is more prominent, I need a little more coverage. For days that I need more coverage, I was using MAC Studio Waterweight. I loved Waterweight because for me, it offered real coverage and still looked like skin, but I wanted a cruelty free alternative. BarePro is the closest and best alternative I've found and I'm really happy with it!

The foundation is packaged in a sturdy glass bottle with a pump. I apply one small dot to each cheek, one dot to my chin and one dot on my forehead, which is plenty of coverage for me but you could easily add more.

On days that I want light, easy coverage, I use a dampened Real Techniques sponge to dab it in. On days when the redness is really glaring and I want fuller coverage, I use an Elf Foundation Blurring Brush. You're supposed to apply this foundation with short downward strokes as if you're literally painting it on, and I've found that it does look much better when you apply it as they advise. There's a slight learning curve there but once you get used to applying it that way, as opposed to buffing it in with broad circular motions, it does apply beautifully.

I'm 41 years old with moderately dry, very sensitive skin and so far, this foundation is dry-skin friendly, and it doesn't irritate my skin. I can't speak personally for how it wears on oily skin, except to tell you that my sister has oily skin and this is working great for her. In fact, I read that this foundation is actually geared towards more oily skin so the fact that it works so well for me is a hugely pleasant surprise.

This foundation plays nicely with any sunscreen and moisturizer that I pair it with, and it plays nicely with whichever setting powder I use. Bare Minerals claims that you need to use this with their Mineral Veil but I don't find that to be the case. I worked for Bare Minerals for a long time, and I've used everything from Mineral Veil to Physician's Formula, to Elf to set my foundations.

This formula doesn't oxidize on me which is a huge plus, and my blush tends to stay put when I'm wearing this foundation. You may want to touch up with a little setting powder somewhere around the four-five hour mark which is when I begin to look shiny on my nose and chin. Considering the heat and humidity, and how much I sweat, having to touch up is not a deal breaker for me, and I think that aspect will vanish once the cooler weather comes around. I was outside in strong humidity the first few times I wore this, so I don't fault the product for needing a little touch up. On days when I was wearing this indoors or in a more comfortable climate, the product really was long wearing and looked good for about seven hours before it started to break down on my chin.

All in all it's a pretty solid foundation. This is definitely the most full coverage foundation that Bare Minerals has produced, and I love the fact that it comes in a huge range of skin tones. In my opinion, it gives far more coverage than a tinted moisturizer and more coverage than the Bare Minerals Original Mineral Foundation. Just to give you more comparisons, it also gives more coverage than MAC Waterweight and Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foundation. The closest foundation comparison I can think of would be Tarte Amazonian Clay or Revlon Color Stay, but I feel like the BarePro looks a little more natural and skin-like than those two (for me anyway).

I can't imagine running out of this any time soon, but I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have finally found my holy grail foundation besides Estee Lauder Double Wear (because of my oily skin). Estee Lauder raised the price and it's getting quite expensive for a bottle of foundation ($45 with tax) and I just personally can't afford it anymore so it's time to look for a new foundation *sigh*

I actually found out and purchased this BarePro foundation on a whim and soooo glad I did. I have tried so many foundations both hi-ends and drugstores but nothing held up to its hypes but this foundation does. This foundation controls oil really really well. I have oily skin (very oily on the T-Zone) and this foundation keeps me matte for at least 5-6 hours before minimal oil seeks through, very minimal. The coverage is great enough for my liking. I get light coverage with 1 layer (Light....not Sheer) and I achieve medium-full coverage with 2 layers (p.s. I use the Beauty Blender). The shade is right on for me. I wear 1W2 Sand on Estee Lauder Double Wear, NC20 on Mac, and either Warm Light 07 or Golden Nude 08 on BarePro fits me perfectly. This foundation doesn't oxidize on me at all. The staying power is awesome. I apply this foundation from early morning (7:00am) and usually will be on my face for at least 10 hours a day and it doesn't budge, doesn't smear, doesn't slide off my face I don't have to touch up. I live in Florida so the heat & humidity is beyond crazy but this foundation holds up really really well. After several hours I still look "put together" and don't look oily but more like a healthy sheen.

The finish is matte but it's more like a satin matte not the kind of matte where it sucks the life out of you. And it feels pretty light on the face, it is truly a breathable foundation. It is matte but it's hydrating a little bit at the same time though, it's hard to explain. But anyway, I have finally found my holy grail foundation and I recommend everyone to try. Hey, we can always return it if we don't like it, right? :)

on 9/26/2017 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Stumbled across this new foundation from BM by pure chance. Was browsing around a big store in a different town and they had a BM counter and the girl asked if I'd like to sample the new foundation, BarePro Performance Wear liquid foundation. Ok, so I wasn't shopping for one but I did actually need an autumn winter shade as had been using the Dior Forever in a shade I couldn't really get away with any more. Plus I can't resist trials on make up products or perfumes haha.
I assumed completely that I'd hate it, as I couldn't stand the BareSkin liquid foundation as I found it greasy and just gross on my skin. Assistant assured me this was different. Took a few goes to find my correct shade (which brings me to the fact that this shade range definitely leans light - I matched up to 014 Silk and I am by no means generally in the medium range). Final shade match was perfect. So Assistant applied some with the new application brush and as much as I could tell in the store lighting it looked nice.
I must say that I am 43 but still suffer with oily/combination skin and literally all foundation seems to melt into my skin or slide off within 3-4 hours.
Anyway I decided to buy the foundation purely on the shade match and take a chance (normally I like to read reviews and watch the youtubers so this was a gamble) and then I went about my day.
I was out of town at some event and this sample went on my face at 4.30pm ish and NINE hours later I still had make up on... I was sold!! That never happens to me, ever. Even when my oils broke through which they always do, it didn't break down the foundation at all. I didn't buy the brush to apply it but have since tried it with my beauty sponge and a flat top kabuki and both work fine.
My ONLY con would be the fact that, despite saying this foundation doesn't need setting with a powder, I can feel it ever so slightly if I touch my face with my finger tips, even after time. That's the only bit I don't like. But it hasn't looked cakey and with a powder I don't think I'd feel that.
Anyway I am more impressed by this foundation than any others I have tried recently, inc. Dior, Nars, Chanel, Charlotte Tilbury, double wear etc so go Bare Minerals! :)